Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Newcastle Pre Match

8 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

If James can't do it against a lower-quality division rival like Newcastle, he shouldn't really be on the bench. He's going to need to play at some point.

Sure. I'd rather he played as a right back though, which is what he is. He may have filled in ably on his weak flank in League 1, but against tougher opposition, he should play as a right back. 

A lot will depend on the Team they put out against us. They were really good against Spurs but were worked really hard by Spurs with a few picking up

Hamstring injuries and muscle tightness etc. This should give us an advantage the longer it goes.

We have a decent squad now so I'll be happy with whatever team we put out knowing we have a real chance to progress.

Fuchs I’d of thought would need resting!

Id like to see the reserves get game time for this one - much rather focus on the FA cup.

We have just about got two players for every position barring midfield so I’d quite like to see people get a run out - maybe Demarai too and players like Fuchs who have been covering rested as they are the last line of realistic reserve.

43 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Fuchs I’d of thought would need resting!

Id like to see the reserves get game time for this one - much rather focus on the FA cup.

We have just about got two players for every position barring midfield so I’d quite like to see people get a run out - maybe Demarai too and players like Fuchs who have been covering rested as they are the last line of realistic reserve.

Fuchs doesn’t need resting!

He’s like a Suzuki Burgman 650... he just goes on and on with no fuss and no nonsense.

Unlike modern day sports bikes that just make an appearance when the sun is shining!

:thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Fuchs doesn’t need resting!

He’s like a Suzuki Burgman 650... he just goes on and on with no fuss and no nonsense.

Unlike modern day sports bikes that just make an appearance when the sun is shining!

:thumbup:

:fishing:

• Haha 1

If they really have that many injuries i'd play as strong a team as possible and get in to the next round, we've missed a trick 2 seasons on the spin in this cup and we can make a raft of changes if the opposition in the next round is much easier.

• Like 1

Couple of changes but nothing more. I'd be surprised if he went with Benkovic and Soyuncu but we might need them to play at some point so might as well through them in and see how they get on, its more likely to be Morgan though I'd reckon. Assuming Chilwell is not fit. Get Maddison central, Barnes to get some momentum going, Perez needs a goal and Justin played left back enough for Luton I think. Is Praet defensive minded enough to play alongside Tielemans and Maddison? If yes i'd like to try them 3 in the middle.

Ward

Ricardo

Morgan

Soyuncu

Justin

Choudhury

Praet

Maddison

Albrighton

Perez

Barnes

Subs: Jakupovic, Amartey, Benkovic, Tielemans, Gray, Iheanacho, Vardy

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Couple of changes but nothing more. I'd be surprised if he went with Benkovic and Soyuncu but we might need them to play at some point so might as well through them in and see how they get on, its more likely to be Morgan though I'd reckon. Assuming Chilwell is not fit. Get Maddison central, Barnes to get some momentum going, Perez needs a goal and Justin played left back enough for Luton I think. Is Praet defensive minded enough to play alongside Tielemans and Maddison? If yes i'd like to try them 3 in the middle.

Ward

Ricardo

Morgan

Soyuncu

Justin

Choudhury

Praet

Maddison

Albrighton

Perez

Barnes

Subs: Jakupovic, Amartey, Benkovic, Tielemans, Gray, Iheanacho, Vardy

Think it'll be something along these lines. Rodgers has already said we won't be making wholesale changes.

I know we're supposedly taking this seriously but are we going to see a youth player or two on the bench, like Lashebela or Tavares (probably a bit soon for the latter)? It'd be nice to see how they get on in a proper competitive men's game but I do agree that an otherwise strong side should be played. I'd love it if we got ourselves a pot this year.