Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Newcastle Pre Match

Schmeichel 

Justin     Soyunucu      Morgan     Chilwell

Mendy    Tielemans  

Albrighton        Perez           Barnes 

Iheanacho 

Ward, Benkovic, Ricardo, Praet, Gray, Maddison, Vardy

I just can't see Fuchs playing a cup game 3 days after going 90+ in the heat at Sheffield.  If Chilly can't go, Justin at LB with either Ricardo or Amartey at RB.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

Happy that Rodgers has already stated few changes.

Obviously Barnes will be in with more of a shout and looking at how hard Newcastle defended yesterday, his style should help.

Ward

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Fuchs

Choudhury Tielemans Maddison

Perez Vardy Barnes 

On 25/08/2019 at 00:22, jeffschlupp said:

It's actually three quarter finals out of the last four cup campaigns, and all of which have been lost after extra time to the eventual winners (Chelsea + Man City twice).

Puel was therefore unbeaten in cup ties in 90 minutes up to the Newport game, which of course was to be his last here.

Yes he was a suberb manager altogether who particularly excelled in reaching Qtr finals beating lower league opposition. 

My take on this - Evans & Vardy are the only two we NEED to rest, but there are some who need game time for sharpness, such as Praet & Tielemans. I also think Nacho kind of has to start if he's going to be our sub striker this year. So I'd like to see:

Ward

JJ Morgan Soyuncu Fuchs

Tielemans Chouhury Praet

Perez Iheanacho Barnes

Subs Schmeichel Ricardo Benkovic Mendy Gray Albrighton Vardy

• Like 1

I'd like:

Ward

Justin Benkovic Soyuncu Ughelumba 

Hamza

Praet           Leshabela

Albrighton                               Barnes

Iheanacho

Just now, cal21212121 said:

I'd like:

Ward

Justin Benkovic Soyuncu Ughelumba 

Hamza

Praet           Leshabela

Albrighton                               Barnes

Iheanacho

I think that Claude Puel would 100% agree with that selection. As much as it would be nice for some of the fringe/younger players to get a chance to play, we do need to respect the fact that Newcastle are a Premier League team. We got beaten by Newport last year by thinking our B team could handle the game easily and that was one of the most embarrassing games we've had in recent memory. 

16 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Newcastle played well against Spurs apparently.

I can see the same team as against Sheffield but with Barnes since we need shots on target.

I can see at least 2 or 3 changes. If Chilwell is fit, he could come in for Fuchs. Ward certainly should play over Schmeichel, and Benkovic should get a start so he can begin to get integrated into the team. Justin could also get a start, although that seems less likely. 

14 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I can see at least 2 or 3 changes. If Chilwell is fit, he could come in for Fuchs. Ward certainly should play over Schmeichel, and Benkovic should get a start so he can begin to get integrated into the team. Justin could also get a start, although that seems less likely. 

Wouldn't mind Benk alongside Soy for the height advantage

• Like 1