Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Bournemouth H Match Thread

Didn't expect this type of game at all. End-to-end stuff and very open. Atmosphere is brilliant!

I think we look good going forward today, but we look very open at the back. Am I the only person looking away whenever Bournemouth are on the ball in our third? They look very dangerous. I wouldn't be surprised if Hamza came on to help shore things up as I think it's a bit too frantic out there, even if it's very enjoyable as a result.

Also as for Jamie Vardy. I didn't think it was possible for me to love the guy more than I already do, but that was one of the most ridiculous halves of football he has played for us! The goal, the chasing down of their keeper, the Mahrez esque dribble to pass to Tielemans. What an absolute living legend!

This game is still in the balance. The next goal will be crucial as I feel like there are more goals in the game.

• Like 3

Amazing what width can do.  It's not like Albrighton or Barnes did that much (Barnes has barely even been noticeable) but their presence impacts the shape enough to free up Tielemans and open up the attack.  Of course, it doesn't hurt that Bournemouth play such a high-risk, end-to-end style.

• Thanks 1

A fun first half.

Happy for Tielemans that he scored as he again had a poor half along with Barnes and N'Didi.

Vardy outstanding, albrighton, maddison, Ricardo very good.

Massive goal that is for the team today to get back in front but also for Youri. Looks immediately better those final few mins of the half too winning the ball and spreading it before the ref blew for half time. Hopefully that's kick started him.

Barnes quiet so far, maybe swap Albrighton and Barnes round a bit 2nd half. That's done the trick before.

Just now, splinterdream said:

Youri looks a bit lazy, doesn't track back to well, has the attention made him a bit big headed? 

No maybe he just isn’t as good as we all thought - there was a reason Monaco didn’t mind getting rid. Still a good player though

• Haha 1

Just now, Nicolo Barella said:

When Albrighton had his shot instead of squaring Tielemans to the open goal I'll admit I said some unkind things

Both he and Maddison constantly make the wrong decisions in the final 3rd, imagine how good we'd be if they didn't. 

6 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Vardy has been a right menace

Tielemans needed that goal

The right side of Ricardo and Albrighton have been impressive

Need to get Maddison and Barnes in the game more

Agree with all.  Barnes needs to drop back a bit and go inside a bit more. And Maddison has been getting around but his touches and final balls have left him down.  Tielemans played a bit better but still not the same as he was last year (hopefully the goal will give him the boost he needs).

But once again, what about Vardy. Great goal - two goals in a row without needing any first touch! And an assist today as well!

Edited by Tom12345

It’s all coming down the right from us, Barnes isn’t there but equally as far as I can see isn’t getting balls down the channels. Been good attacking, just that final ball is hurting us. Fraser got fouled by Albrighton (when he got the yellow), but there really didn’t seem to be anything in it.

Best Vardy has played for a while in that half, goal scoring had never gone but his general play has been excellent. 

Lucky to be ahead. Need to stop them running at the back four. 

Hopefully Tielemans gets some confidence from that, he has been more involved though which is a positive. Maddison and Barnes quiet. 

1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

Agree with all.  Barnes needs to drop back a bit and go inside a bit more. And Maddison has been getting around but his touches and final balls have left him down.  Tielemans played a bit better but still not the same as he was last year (hopefully the goal will give him the boost he needs).

But once again, what about Vardy. Great goal - two goals in a row without needing any first touch! And an assist today as well!

Barnes has been poor - if that was Maddison you’d be demanding he’ll be subbed and telling everyone who listened he needs to work on his ‘foot power’.  Selective again 

2 minutes ago, jaylcfc94 said:

No maybe he just isn’t as good as we all thought - there was a reason Monaco didn’t mind getting rid. Still a good player though

I think he's got it, he definitely proved that last season, he just looks as if he's not putting in 100%, BR will identify I'm sure and if it affects performances he needs dropping. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

They just replayed Vardy's goal from all angles. 

What a peach. 

He really is bossing it today. 

People dont actually realise how hard a technique that is to finish like that.

Absolute brilliant goal

Got youri and vardy in dream team aswel