Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Bournemouth H Post Match Thread 3 - 1

Vardy MOM, none discussion.

All across we were so balanced today and as people were saying, really good that Brendan is reading FT.

All I could hear was Alan Hansen saying "If you're a young defender wanting to learn how to defend, Jonny Evans performance today was a masterclass" he was immense. 

Over to you now Brendan, you've got a squad. 

1 minute ago, Harry96 said:

N’Didi caglar and vardy all very good. Tielemans definitely got away with that one imo but improved display from him too.

Thought he was attempting to plant his foot between player and ball, rather than tackling over the ball as such.

I'm guessing that's how VAR saw it too. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Danizen said:

Fantastic. 

First goal was probably the most Vardy goal I've ever seen.

I think the goal against Arsenal last season was THE most Vardy goal I’ve seen!!  Great performances all through the team by the sounds of things, still unbeaten and 8 points so far! Looking good ATM...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Vardy MOTM by a landslide. Such an ease and efficiency in front of goal.

Thought Tielemans played really well, too. Albrighton the workhorse, same for Barnes.

We controlled the game for most part, this is the way Rodgers has us set up and now I'm very glad to see it finally fully clicking. Slick passing, Vardy everywhere, midfielders that can both score and pass with ease, young talents galore, and a back four that grows together more and more.

This is still a very young side on the whole, so I'll forgive the odd error here and there. It's a learning process - and we seem to be learning quickly.

Bournemouth mainly came across as a bunch of moaners, fakers and ugly tacklers. Lerma and Billing the two main culprits, but it also speaks for Maddison and Tielemans for being able to get on their nerves that much.

Only downside for me was Gray again for trying to create something overly fancy instead of choosing the direct path. And Maddison in front of goal is still somewhat wasteful...

The next few games won't be that "easy", though.

Still, let's take this in - still unbeaten (including pre-season) and now in third place!

The future's bright, the future's Leicester. Onwards and upwards.

Tielemans is demonstrably better playing with wings. It opens up the defense, and creates the angles he needs to provide the daring service we fell in love with last season. 

I thought Gray's performance was excellent. He was a terrific substitute, bright, aggressive, and he lacked the angle for the pass when he tried to go through the keeper's legs to Vardy. We need him to play like that for us consistently, he is better on the ball 1 v. 1 than any player on our team. When we need somebody to sub in to break down a box when we are struggling, he has the tools we need. But BR needs him playing at a consistently high level like today.

A few more controversial thoughts: Maddison remains a poor finisher. Might be what keeps him from the top-6's clutches next summer (obv nobody is getting him in the winter window). 

Why doesn't Harvey Barnes see more of the ball? Is he poor re getting himself in position for service? Is he unpopular? Too inconsistent? It really seems Maddison avoids him for other options to the detriment of our build-up. 

Cannot help but remember how profligate we were in front of goal vs. Chelsea. We'd be tied with Man City if we had converted our dominance into a goal. Still think we may need

One thing: late in the game I saw Ndidi under pressure in the corner, working to play the ball out the back -- that is a recipe for disaster. He isn't a player I want passing the ball into the middle to escape pressure, that is a goal waiting to happen. 

I am delighted with how the club has turned winning into a habit. We haven't shown the sort of dominance we did last season after BR arrived, but we have grown so accustomed to getting a result it looks reflexive. That said, Man U. will show us where we really are. They aren't a side that should beat us, even in Manchester. Our talent matches up well, we are much stronger mentally, and we don't have the massive pressure they do at the moment. Now is the time to make a statement if we are really making a run at the top-4. Which we should be, if Eriksen is out at Tot, with Man U struggling to score, with Chelsea's youth movement, and with Arsenal being Arsenal, I think we should be after 3rd place. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Ndidi superb today. 

We get used to Pereira being awesome but again barely a foot wrong. Full of running and enterprise. 

Ndidi did his work quietly but well today.

Pereira was indeed awesome! If not for Vardy’s 18/10 performance, he would in my view be next in line. I hope he stays around for a long time despite interests in him.

• Like 2

That was lovely to watch despite us not hitting top gear yet. Teams like Bournemouth do make me nervous and another season, we’d have normally lost that. 

I’m not even going to mention Vardy today...he was just filth. 

Hamza looks like a seasoned pro. Confident in himself and nice passing. Doesn’t get flustered. They should rip up that contract they gave him this week and give him another longer one. 

Cags 🥰 He’d be my MOTM if it wasn’t for filthy Vardy. Didn’t let the goal disrupt his game and just got on with it. 

I was happy for Gray. I was even happier he’s got some positive remarks on here. 

Maddison played well  as did everyone else. A couple of rusty performances but I’m not singling out. For me, it’s only the 4th game of the season. Yes, yes, they should be doing it from game one, in reality, it doesn’t really work like that for every club. 

Very happy. Looking forward to Gary Lineker creaming himself over a fabulous Leicester goal  for 2 weeks running. 

Edited by Mickey O'Neil
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

Pereira was indeed awesome! If not for Vardy’s 18/10 performance, he would in my view be next in line. I hope he stays around for a long time despite interests in him.

Riccy Baby is one of the best signings this club has ever made.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Totally controlled the game, great shape, great to see Vardy and Tielemans playing well even if Maddison and Peirerra weren't their usual self. Just shows we have options all over the pitch.

Thought Maddison had a really good game to be fair.