Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Bournemouth H Post Match Thread 3 - 1

Not sure whether Bournemouth were woeful, or whether we just made them look that way. Haven't seen them yet this season. 

Great result and a very good performance. Hopefully Brendan made a note how this team clicked.

I was dreading this game a bit, as it was one of those that we could've easily lost last season. 

Really, really pleased! Unbeaten!!

Edited by HitchinFox

Guest BlueBrett

Very good performances all round including subs and Vardy different class. Brendan got everything right too. Season shaping up nicely 

Not a thrashing but definitely gave them a good diddling. That second half performance was so controlled and dominating. 

Vardy looked like he was back in his Championship days getting onto every back pass and scaring the keeper. Maddison looks so much better playing deeper and influencing the game more. Will go under the radar as its expected at this point but Ricardo was absolutely unbelievable.. kept Fraser quiet all game

Loved the thumbs up between Brendan and Top at the end as well

• Like 2

Vardy MOTM by a landslide. Such an ease and efficiency in front of goal.

Thought Tielemans played really well, too. Albrighton the workhorse, same for Barnes.

We controlled the game for most part, this is the way Rodgers has us set up and now I'm very glad to see it finally fully clicking. Slick passing, Vardy everywhere, midfielders that can both score and pass with ease, young talents galore, and a back four that grows together more and more.

This is still a very young side on the whole, so I'll forgive the odd error here and there. It's a learning process - and we seem to be learning quickly.

Bournemouth mainly came across as a bunch of moaners, fakers and ugly tacklers. Lerma and Billing the two main culprits, but it also speaks for Maddison and Tielemans for being able to get on their nerves that much.

Only downside for me was Gray again for trying to create something overly fancy instead of choosing the direct path. And Maddison in front of goal is still somewhat wasteful...

The next few games won't be that "easy", though.

Still, let's take this in - still unbeaten (including pre-season) and now in third place!

The future's bright, the future's Leicester. Onwards and upwards.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 3

Good performance.

Happen to think Bournemouth looked handy at times but we had too much for them and as the game went on they were less and less capable of influencing the outcome.

Two massive games coming up against Man Utd and Spurs. Have to be confident of taking points of them and if we do we really do look good for a top 6 finish and will have to start dreaming of top 4.

I feel we haven't got fully into our stride as well.