Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Bournemouth H Post Match Thread 3 - 1

sounds like it was decent enough. other results going superbly for us in the last two weeks as well in terms of “the best of the rest” and even the fact united and chelsea look pathetic as per. 

• Like 1

When we get things clicking we are a brilliant side to watch, best performance of the season so far.

It was a pretty even end to end start, Bournemouth equalised but after that they didn't really offer much, pretty much a piss easy day for the defence. We controlled the game especially in the second half, very comfortable and at times very impressive.

Vardy MOTM by a mile, 10/10 performance. Tielemans needed that goal, as soon as he scored that he went onto have a cracking game. Ndidi did his job incredibly well again. Soyuncu and Evans were immense again, Soyuncu partly at fault for the goal but overall it was another positive performance from him.

A mixed run coming up now, nothing to fear though, Man Utd and Spurs as seen so far have quite a few problems.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Not a thrashing but definitely gave them a good diddling. That second half performance was so controlled and dominating. 

Vardy looked like he was back in his Championship days getting onto every back pass and scaring the keeper. Maddison looks so much better playing deeper and influencing the game more. Will go under the radar as its expected at this point but Ricardo was absolutely unbelievable.. kept Fraser quiet all game

Loved the thumbs up between Brendan and Top at the end as well

I really missed this sense of controlling the game against a mid/lower table teams under Puel, I hope this today wasn't just one off and we'll be bossing the games like today more often. We could easily add more goals and Bournemouth were looking completely disillusioned in the last stages of the game.

Edited by Chester Dontlie

The commentator on my stream was adamant that Youri's "challenge" was a red.  I think VAR got that right.  For me, he wasn't even making a challenge the ball was turned over and then as he turns he puts his foot down and Wilson's momentum put him in the path of where he would place his foot.  He was looking away and on the turn.  Unfortunate, but not a dangerous challenge for me.

Caglar I think was at fault for their goal (loosing Wilson), but after that he was immense.  Some incredibly good tackles, and also just his positioning was excellent!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Vardy MOTM by a landslide. Such an ease and efficiency in front of goal.

Thought Tielemans played really well, too. Albrighton the workhorse, same for Barnes.

We controlled the game for most part, this is the way Rodgers has us set up and now I'm very glad to see it finally fully clicking. Slick passing, Vardy everywhere, midfielders that can both score and pass with ease, young talents galore, and a back four that grows together more and more.

This is still a very young side on the whole, so I'll forgive the odd error here and there. It's a learning process - and we seem to be learning quickly.

Bournemouth mainly came across as a bunch of moaners, fakers and ugly tacklers. Lerma and Billing the two main culprits, but it also speaks for Maddison and Tielemans for being able to get on their nerves that much.

Only downside for me was Gray again for trying to create something overly fancy instead of choosing the direct path. And Maddison in front of goal is still somewhat wasteful...

The next few games won't be that "easy", though.

Still, let's take this in - still unbeaten (including pre-season) and now in third place!

The future's bright, the future's Leicester. Onwards and upwards.

Indeed. Great controlled performance. Fuchs was great too when he came on. I would like to thinkt that had he started we would have been even better going forward. Thought Chilwell did ok, and he made a great pass to Vardy, but otherwise did not do much going forward and was out of position a few times. I think Fuchs would also bring Barnes into the game a bit more.

By the way, I also really like Ricardo and Albrighton on the other side. They were running havoc down the right side. Much more effective than Ricardo / Perez.

Edited by Tom12345

When Vardy signed I was angry that City appeared to be wasting £1m on a non league player. What a bargain that has turned out to be. A true Leicester Legend and top class footballer. At 32 he really is a delight to watch. Easily MotM today.

• Like 2

The question is, why does Soyuncu only get 2 points in my fantasy football team, for that performance?

Vardy has to be MOTM - won so much by chasing them down today, and some class goals. Tielemans had a stinker first half, but outstanding in the second. Thought Soyuncu (other than the goal) was amazing, and Evans was as reliable as always.

Gray proved that he's a fairly good bench option to have too, if not a starter. 

19 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Vardy MOTM by a landslide. Such an ease and efficiency in front of goal.

Thought Tielemans played really well, too. Albrighton the workhorse, same for Barnes.

We controlled the game for most part, this is the way Rodgers has us set up and now I'm very glad to see it finally fully clicking. Slick passing, Vardy everywhere, midfielders that can both score and pass with ease, young talents galore, and a back four that grows together more and more.

This is still a very young side on the whole, so I'll forgive the odd error here and there. It's a learning process - and we seem to be learning quickly.

Bournemouth mainly came across as a bunch of moaners, fakers and ugly tacklers. Lerma and Billing the two main culprits, but it also speaks for Maddison and Tielemans for being able to get on their nerves that much.

Only downside for me was Gray again for trying to create something overly fancy instead of choosing the direct path. And Maddison in front of goal is still somewhat wasteful...

The next few games won't be that "easy", though.

Still, let's take this in - still unbeaten (including pre-season) and now in third place!

The future's bright, the future's Leicester. Onwards and upwards.

Everything here is spot on except the comments about Gray - he had a solid cameo and kept us ticking over. Credit where it's due - everyone put in a shift today.

:schmike:

• Like 3

Just now, OntarioFox said:

Everything here is spot on except the comments about Gray - he had a solid cameo and kept us ticking over. Credit where it's due - everyone put in a shift today.

:schmike:

He could start instead of Harvey and Perez next match.