Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Bournemouth H Post Match Thread 3 - 1

26 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

You make a very good point!

Only ones I can think of in my lifetime that rival it are:

- Eric Cantona (£1.2m)

- Riyad Mahrez (650k! lol)
- Kolo Toure (150k)

- Ole Solskjaer (1.5m)

- Paolo Di Canio (1.5m)

Of those probably Cantona, Mahrez and Toure come close. Vardy I would put above Mahrez if you compare their contributions for us only, though it must be said that the Mahrez sale was more than what Vichai paid to buy the club in the first place! So that transfer is truly ridiculous.

Cantona for that price seems like a steal, but that was a lot of money back then, probably more like 10-15m today, which would still be a bargain but not quite as outlandish as Vardy.

Toure was very good as well if you take into account he was first choice next to Sol Campbell during Arsenal's invincible season.

I think if you factor in Vardy's longevity alongside everything else, then Mahrez doesn't compare, imo, because we only had one good season out of him.

In truth, I grew up worshipping Frank Worthington - hell, I wanted to be Frank Worthington - and I never envisaged a day would come when he would no longer be my favourite ever player, but it has.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

We comment on football and our views on football players here. See forum guidelines.  If you have anger or obsession issues, go seek some help.

And yes, I like Barnes as a player. I like to think many other fans do too and quite a few of us want to see more of him.  If he plays regularly for a seaon and he performs badly, I would equally comment on other things he needs to work on or what is good for the team.  Today, he may not have touched the ball many times, and that is a real issue that needs to be solved, but I dont think he did poorly when he did have the ball and I dont think he did have “foot power” issue as shown last week.  Meanwhile, I dont see you be comment fairly on Maddison either. How did you think he played today? Like Kevin De Bruyne or Eden Hazard?

And also yes, I have a real favourite player - one that I have never criticised including when there were a few doubters last year.  Jamie Vardy. I also rarely criticised Fuchs because I think he is great and no one overhypes him.

So you criticise players more than others because they’re ‘hyped’ more? 

‘Be comment fairly’ lol 

Edited by jaylcfc94

1 hour ago, TrentFox said:

It will probably go under the radar a tad, but thought it was a brave and top decision from BR to drop Perez. He’s taken £30m of the chairman’s money - knowing that same chairman was in attendance - and benched him as he’s been average. Loving that ruthlessness.  

Good shout 

And I thought Maddison was pretty good today.  He was rated by Foxestalk posters as one of our best and Barnes was voted the worst. @Tom12345

If Maddison has performed how Barnes did today you wouldn’t be saying the players didn’t help him or whatever other exemptions you’ve used you’d be saying he’s ‘overhyped’ and needs to work on his ‘foot power’. 

It’s not  just me who’s noticed this Tom. 

Edited by jaylcfc94

34 minutes ago, Riot Van said:

I see a lot of people have fallen into the Gray trap.

How many times has he come on at home for 20 odd minutes against tired legs and looked good? A lot.

Don't be so negative, that's the sort of player you need when the opposition have tired legs, gray will scare defenders all day long with his pace 

Its interesting to hear the post-match comments of the managers we've played against so far... both Wilder and Howe stated that their teams have underperformed, and we've seen against Chelsea that we could have won that match.

The players look fit and press well, meaning the opposition are forced into mistakes.  We're making other teams look bad, which is the hallmark of a good side.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Quorndon_Fox said:

What the **** was that away end today?? Blocks of empty seats and that after we filled the other half, embarrassing for a so called Premier League club.

Bit harsh considering it’s Bournemouth, by far the smallest club in the league, and a solid what, 10-12 hour round trip

9 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Just seen the Tielemans incident. In the ground I couldn’t tell at all, but I can’t believe he didn’t get anything for it. We’d be screaming for it if that happened to us. We’ve got away with one today!

VAR can only give reds, I thought it was a yellow, his stamp was a natural foot plant rather then a challenge.

26 minutes ago, car1os said:

Its interesting to hear the post-match comments of the managers we've played against so far... both Wilder and Howe stated that their teams have underperformed, and we've seen against Chelsea that we could have won that match.

The players look fit and press well, meaning the opposition are forced into mistakes.  We're making other teams look bad, which is the hallmark of a good side.

A throwback to the league winning season ........... week after week, pundits commented that the opposition were performing poorly against us  

• Like 1

Controlled the game and deservedly won by two goals. Soyuncu, Evans, N'Didi, Maddison, Tielemans and Vardy were all superb.

Always enjoy the Bournemouth games though because they come and attack. Always open to concede goals.

22 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Just seen the Tielemans incident. In the ground I couldn’t tell at all, but I can’t believe he didn’t get anything for it. We’d be screaming for it if that happened to us. We’ve got away with one today!

Can retrospective action be dished out ?? :dunno: