Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Bournemouth H Post Match Thread 3 - 1

Just now, lanefox said:

When gray squared it to maddison i nearly fainted , thats what he needs to do more often, he looked dangerous when he came on

Maddison should have finished, for sure.

Gray did well when he came on. Situation of the game was perfect and I think when Albrighton burst through and looked absolutely dead on his feet kind of encouraged the decision even more for Rodgers to bring Gray on. All that space to run in to on the counter. 

I was begging for Gray to square it to Tielemans in the final chance instead of trying to get through the keeper to get it to Vardy. Minor point though!

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

This is the point in the thread where I upset people for posting ridiculously large gifs of Leicester City goals.

But you know what? I don't even care! Feast your eyes in this moment of absolute top quality from our talisman and living legend, Jamie Vardy:

giphy.gif

will they never learn

45 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Now I've cooled off, I don't think we should get too excited. Not every team will play as badly as Bournemouth did today. 

Or open, many will sit back be interesting to see how we cope with Newcastle at home in a couple of weeks with 11 men behind the ball.

• Like 1

Excellent win, some smashing goals and a deserved result. Thought that we looked a little disjointed early on despite Vardy's magnificent goal but after their equaliser we were in control and 3-1 probably reflected the game.

Plenty to enjoy, especially the performance of Soyuncu, but a mention for the all round display of Jamie Vardy. Incredible- two goals, an assist, a constant threat, harassed their keeper and defence for pretty much the whole game.

• Like 2

One of our finest all-round performances since the title-winning season. Bournemouth are a well-coached, talented team but we had the measure of them today. Evans and  Soyuncu were superb at the back, Ndidi was a ball-winning monster in midfield, Maddison worked his socks off like never before and Vardy was... well, the Vardy we all know and love. And then Gray came on and, lo and behold, played... well, like the Gray we all want to know and love.

We have a very very good team and a very very good manager. Unbeaten, third in the table and bursting with potential, these are great times to be a Leicester fan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

They showed their bond at the final whistle when Rodgers brought the players into a huddle on the pitch. Asked what he had told the players, Rodgers replied: "It's private what we do.

"It's a show of togetherness, I asked them to not just play with their talent - it's the third game of the week - but their heart and we definitely showed that."

_108569898_e0cb1d8f-051f-4699-badf-89cde17bdc6a.jpg

I love this. Love the way that Rodgers says it's private because that's exactly what it is. But the publicity of it all emphasises the camaraderie and togetherness. It's great to see.

Genuinely reminds me of the 15/16 season where every single person involved with the club pulled in the same direction and had the same mentality. Rodgers has done wonders already in bringing that togetherness back after Puel's time here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

If we all want the team to be the best it can, then we should treat them all the same. He’s been absolute gubbins mostly, outdone by Gray and Albrighton today.

No, I disagree.

Leaving Barnes out of it, let's take Justin for example.  Signed from league one and making a big step up.  He needs patience and will take time to get there, like Chilwell did, coming through the ranks.

An established pro can be judged on his merits.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lanefox said:

When gray squared it to maddison i nearly fainted , thats what he needs to do more often, he looked dangerous when he came on

Actually, on this occasion I thought he should have got a shot in - same with Hamza who found himself in front of goal with time and space. 

Well managed by Brendan today. 

11 minutes ago, murphy said:

No, I disagree.

Leaving Barnes out of it, let's take Justin for example.  Signed from league one and making a big step up.  He needs patience and will take time to get there, like Chilwell did, coming through the ranks.

An established pro can be judged on his merits.

So we’ll ignore the fact he’s been mostly woeful and keep playing him because... you know, he’s young.

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So we’ll ignore the fact he’s been mostly woeful and keep playing him because... you know, he’s young.

He was poor today, but it's very disingenous to say his performances for us have been "mostly woeful". Sure he disappears into games, but he is being played out of position for starters, and when his game does click he adds a whole new dimension to our game.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I love this. Love the way that Rodgers says it's private because that's exactly what it is. But the publicity of it all emphasises the camaraderie and togetherness. It's great to see.

Genuinely reminds me of the 15/16 season where every single person involved with the club pulled in the same direction and had the same mentality. Rodgers has done wonders already in bringing that togetherness back after Puel's time here.

Very emotional for me from his time at Liverpool where he and his players just missed out on the league title.

Looking forward to the dreams that can be created here. Loved watching today the pieces of magic created by so many of the players. The kinds you don't normally see. Like Evans giving Gray words of encouragement after losing possession.

Crazy how emotional I get watching Rodgers build and inspire his teams. Like desire on fire.

Today was a good day.

1 minute ago, Nicolo Barella said:

He was poor today, but it's very disingenous to say his performances for us have been "mostly woeful". Sure he disappears into games, but he is being played out of position for starters, and when his game does click he adds a whole new dimension to our game.

He’s playing in the same position he did for West Brom and he’s not playing anywhere else for us, so we need to judge on him there. He’s regressed since coming back IMO and doesn’t work with Chilwell at all.

He’s got something but he’s not showing enough at the moment.

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

will they never learn

I was recalling this last week to a friend in California who is fascinated by how scathing and antagonising English football chants can be. This was of course the inevitable response to the "your wife's getting ****ed in the jungle" chant by Spurs, richly deserved lob, which he celebrated by running past the away end. Was trying to find the clip. but much of the footage was appallingly filmed from the stands. This was the only option, but declined to send it on account of the highly irritating shit, shit music over the top that ruins it completely. Great goal. 

14 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He’s playing in the same position he did for West Brom and he’s not playing anywhere else for us, so we need to judge on him there. He’s regressed since coming back IMO and doesn’t work with Chilwell at all.

He’s got something but he’s not showing enough at the moment.

He drifted a lot and often played at no 10 for West Brom. He would sometimes seem anonymous on the left but he was allowed to roam where the action was and inevitably caused havok. The West Brom players also started to look for him, something that's not happened currently at least of all with Chilwell.

He did look a little anonymous today but then he put in a great shot which needed a great save in the second. Rodgers seemed to want to play with interchanging inverted wingers at the start of the season and chose Perez for one of those - I think Barnes would have been the perfect fit.

22 minutes ago, Babylon said:

No, you're missing the point.  I never said that he gets a free pass into the team.  Select him on his merits but we as a fanbase should show patience to a player that is developing and coming through the ranks.

As for being 'mostly woeful', perhaps you missed that stunning winner only last week?  Great technique and composure there.

• Like 4

Fine to go against the grain and not think Barnes has as much potential as many here seem to think. I don't disagree with that. 

To call his performances "mostly woeful" is disingenuous in the extreme

Edited by martyn
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So we’ll ignore the fact he (BARNES) has been mostly woeful and keep playing him because... you know, he’s young.

Mostly woeful? Jeez.

To be fair @Babylon, you were banging the drum day in day out about how great Puel was, in the face of evidence on and off the pitch, so please forgive me if I treat your football opinions with a certain amount of caution lol [The emoji will hopefully illustrate I'm being somewhat playful rather than nasty here]

• Haha 1