Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Bournemouth H Post Match Thread 3 - 1

4 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I haven't read the thread, I was at the game and presumably any of my thoughts will already have been talked about. But can we please PLEASE, stop singing about Soyuncu's cock. I take my 12 year old daughter with me, and she understands why Mummy occasionally sings fvcking, and willy puller. I implore you all, please don't make me have to explain why we sing about a blokes penis. Or how we know its big. Do we even know it is? I don't care. I just don't want to sing about it. 

1200px-Gold_doorknob_crop.jpg

He's got big hands you see, needs them a bit larger than normal. There. I've sorted it for you.

• Haha 1

My thoughts on the game

Soyuncu
An absolute rock. Makes the sale of Maguire even better that we absolutely rinsed Man Utd as well. No need to buy a replacement when you have a quality centre-back like Soyuncu to come in. Kept Wilson and King and then Solanke in his pocket. Quality performance.

Ndidi

If anyone wanted to learn how to perfect being a ball-winning defensive midfielder then they'd do well from watching Ndidi today. Excellent performance when it comes to interceptions, great tackling and tracking back, a solid shield and perfect protection for the back 4. Can't knock his performance at all. 

Vardy
That first goal is just the absolute sex. Like Barnes last weekend, it's a goal that gets better the more you watch it. Think the last goal he scored outside the box was that one against Liverpool. This one was a bit more precise and exquisite and just emphasises even more what a classy striker he is. Scores all kinds of goals. Sheer beauty of a goal.

Tielemans
Glad he got on the scoresheet as I thought he was fairly quiet in the first half despite all the attacking play. Happy he scored of course! When it comes to the Wilson challenge, during the game I'm thinking what the hell are they checking with VAR for - it just looked like a collision and I had absolutely no idea he'd nearly snapped Wilson's ankle lol. It's a red for me and I'm genuinely shocked it wasn't given after VAR check. If that kind of tackle happens on Tielemans, we'd be screaming for a red card so in the interests of consistency and all that, can only say the same for this tackle. It's not malicious by any means but it is dangerous. It's more of a 'career-ender potentially than what Bruce chirped on about with Choudhury's tackle.

The General Performance
The nature of the game and Bournemouth's tactics played in to our hands and we took full advantage. In all honesty I think we could and should have had scored more had we been even more clinical and ruthless and the final ball was a bit more measured. A very open game and it didn't surprise me that both teams scored. I thought we had control of the game for a lot of the time and even though I thought Bournemouth did grow in to the game after half-time, they barely threatened but for Solanke's chance from distance for Kasper to tip round the post. Other than that I can't remember any chance they created? I think Rodgers' subs were decent and made at the right time. When they brought on an extra striker it was only sensible to bring Hamza on and give us a bit more defensive cover. And then bringing Gray on to hit on the counter when they chased the game. I think he should have had an assist had Maddison finished. I think we did very well to contain their key players - Pereira kept Fraser quiet for most of the game; the aforementioned Soyuncu performance and he & Evans keeping their strikers in their pockets; Vardy brace to get closer to 100 goals.

Can't complain too much at how the season has gone so far. 4 games. 8 points. Unbeaten. Good stuff going in to the International break!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

This is the point in the thread where I upset people for posting ridiculously large gifs of Leicester City goals.

But you know what? I don't even care! Feast your eyes in this moment of absolute top quality from our talisman and living legend, Jamie Vardy:

giphy.gif

Post it all you want mate! Beautiful!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

This is the point in the thread where I upset people for posting ridiculously large gifs of Leicester City goals.

But you know what? I don't even care! Feast your eyes in this moment of absolute top quality from our talisman and living legend, Jamie Vardy:

giphy.gif

It was down the opposite end to where I sit, and I was looking forward to seeing it properly when I got home. It gets better every time I watch it 😊

• Like 1

The thing is Bournemouth are rare. They are a team who try and win every game, they never win ugly and dig in, they only know how to okay open expansive attacking football, so we loved it today. Most teams will come with two banks of 4, even wolves played with 8 or 9 behind the ball, and we will still have to work hard to win tight games. That being said it was an enjoyable game, Vardy was amazing, Soyuncu was incredible, Albrighton was either drunk, concussed or both. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

It was down the opposite end to where I sit, and I was looking forward to seeing it properly when I got home. It gets better every time I watch it 😊

It really does! It’s the way it settles right in the corner at the end. Sooooo satisfying!

He’s making a habit of scoring goals like this - he scored one at home to Spurs I remember that was very reminiscent. 

16 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I haven't read the thread, I was at the game and presumably any of my thoughts will already have been talked about. But can we please PLEASE, stop singing about Soyuncu's cock. I take my 12 year old daughter with me, and she understands why Mummy occasionally sings fvcking, and willy puller. I implore you all, please don't make me have to explain why we sing about a blokes penis. Or how we know its big. Do we even know it is? I don't care. I just don't want to sing about it. 

You do though, secretly, you do. 

Great performance today, Vardy was in beast mode and we wouldn't want any other striker leading the line absolute legend.

Cags was superb and an actual improvement on Maguire IMO.

Tielemans finally getting into gear second half which should set him up for the season.

We have quality all over the place and are going to be hard to beat with goals throughout the team 

Why all these negative comments. Leicester City thoroughly deserved their victory this afternoon and thoroughly deserve to be where they are in the League.It's the way we play on the pitch which is far more important than some of the idiotic songs a minority impose on us.

We played a much better shape today with some added width. Top notch performance from Çağlar Söyüncü's and Jamie Vardy's which virtually had the commentators creaming their knickers. Early on there was a lot more misdirected passes than we should be comfortable with, especially from Yuri Tielemans and the usually accurate Marc Albrighton better opposition would probably have punished us on at least one of those occasions. I was thinking that Yuri Tielemans was having another poor to mediocre game until his goal, and he played a 50% better game after his goal...I thought he was going to be sent off after the multiple showing of him burying his studs into the Bournemouth players foot, but swings and roundabouts as a similar tackle was deemed OK from  Bournemouth player on us. Rodgers substitutions worked well today, Choudhury and  Gray on long enough to make significant contributions and and Fuchs' 10 min cameo also being of value. Could be a while before Perez and Praet find their way back into the starting line up.

Another enjoyable game, and is good reason to call off the international break so we don't lose momentum.

Please can we have an "entertainment" rating in the "ratings" page? Either overall match or per team.

52 minutes ago, murphy said:

I can't speak for @Tom12345, but I think that kids coming through the ranks deserve a bit more patience, Barnes is going to have ups and downs on the way to becoming a special player.  It's different to an established pro that we have signed.

Plus he's one of our own etc 

If we all want the team to be the best it can, then we should treat them all the same. He’s been absolute gubbins mostly, outdone by Gray and Albrighton today.

13 minutes ago, foxpleasure said:

Think this has to be the worst Leicester song ever.

1. Why slag Harry off. Good luck to him and he seems a smashing bloke.

2. If its supposed to be a song praising Soyuncu then surely we can come up with something better.

We spent more time singing the name of a Man Utd player today than we did for any Leicester player.

There is a better and simpler tune for him already, that more join in with... the banter lads will give up with that trash soon enough. At home anyway.

2 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

We played a much better shape today with some added width. Top notch performance from Çağlar Söyüncü's and Jamie Vardy's which virtually had the commentators creaming their knickers. Early on there was a lot more misdirected passes than we should be comfortable with, especially from Yuri Tielemans and the usually accurate Marc Albrighton better opposition would probably have punished us on at least one of those occasions. I was thinking that Yuri Tielemans was having another poor to mediocre game until his goal, and he played a 50% better game after his goal...I thought he was going to be sent off after the multiple showing of him burying his studs into the Bournemouth players foot, but swings and roundabouts as a similar tackle was deemed OK from  Bournemouth player on us. Rodgers substitutions worked well today, Choudhury and  Gray on long enough to make significant contributions and and Fuchs' 10 min cameo also being of value. Could be a while before Perez and Praet find their way back into the starting line up.

Another enjoyable game, and is good reason to call off the international break so we don't lose momentum.

Please can we have an "entertainment" rating in the "ratings" page? Either overall match or per team.

I'm calling to prorogue the International break!.. 

On my way to Balmoral right now. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

My section of the family stand got eerily silent during that verse, as the parents stopped singing!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crashtoasted said:

Didn't see the Tielemans tackle. Howe said it was rough, but ultimately wouldn't have changed anything. Looked from the highlights like a vintage city performance. I think you can see the confidence increasing at the moment, let's continue this at Man U and show them we can take their place in the top 6.

Howe can say Tielemans' "tackle" was rough all he likes. His players dived at least twice – one got Albrighton a yellow card and the other, luckily, the ref saw – and Wilson got carded. 

If that is what Howe's players are now doing, the respect he has earned as a manager over the past few seasons will erode quickly.