Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
smileysharad

Brexit!

4 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Wow.  Mental.  I wonder how this will play with the Pro Boris Brexit vote.  More ammo for the It's the people vs the Establishment argument.

Will be interesting to see how the British public react to a criminal tbf

• Like 2

It really is scathing.  The fact it’s unanimous tells you all you need to know - they’re furious at what he’s tried to do.  There are bound to be a few of the old boys on that panel who are in favour of Brexit and returning to the days of unfettered parliamentary sovereignty, but this is a legal rather than political decision sending a message to the worm Cummings and his mob that they can’t just do what they want.  Pleasantly surprised.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Will be interesting to see how the British public react to a criminal tbf

The Ruling clearly doesn't say Boris is a criminal as far as I can see?  Even Corbyn said he acted wrongly not illegally.  

In light of 3+ years of the establishment doing everything it can to stop Brexit, he will be seen as a hero trying his best to fight for Brexit.  Not sure this makes any difference really.  Corbyn is still running scared from a general election, and I think this probably makes this worse not better. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

The Ruling clearly doesn't say Boris is a criminal as far as I can see?  Even Corbyn said he acted wrongly not illegally.  

In light of 3+ years of the establishment doing everything it can to stop Brexit, he will be seen as a hero trying his best to fight for Brexit.  Not sure this makes any difference really.  Corbyn is still running scared from a general election, and I think this probably makes this worse not better. 

Well I'm all about sovereignty for OUR QUEEN GOD BLESS LONG LIVE, shall be sending in my petition for charges of High Treason and the sentence MUST BE Hung Drawn & Quartering to uphold our democracy!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

This is the general opinion amongst the Brexiteers and it only strengthens that opinion, they are desperate to achieve Brexit by any means at this point, lawfully or unlawfully.

Even so this is unprecedented and by making the Queen an unwilling accomplice to an unlawful act must have consequences, Johnson can't go into hiding over this to avoid scrutiny. He has to resign as his position is untenable and he best hope he hasn't upset the Queen too much otherwise losing his dream job might not be the worst of his problems.

Just now, Dames said:

This is the general opinion amongst the Brexiteers and it only strengthens that opinion, they are desperate to achieve Brexit by any means at this point, lawfully or unlawfully.

Even so this is unprecedented and by making the Queen an unwilling accomplice to an unlawful act must have consequences, Johnson can't go into hiding over this to avoid scrutiny. He has to resign as his position is untenable and he best hope he hasn't upset the Queen too much otherwise losing his dream job might not be the worst of his problems.

No way will he resign.  Corbyn needs to call a vote of no confidence to trigger a general election.