Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

England v Kosovo - ST Mary's Stadium Tues @ 7.45pm (ITV)

Do some of you remember when we were actually crap?

A World Cup semi final, followed by 5-0, 5-1, 4-0,5-3 wins in qualifying?

It wasn’t that long ago we were drawing with the likes of Montenegro and Macedonia. 

Qualifying campaigns of the 80s 90s and early 00s were never routine.

Now we are brushing aside middle of the road teams and some want Southgate’s head?

Qualifying is never easy or straight forward, but we are attaching sides and scoring goals for fun!

Relax and enjoy 

• Like 2

At least Maddison will be fresh for the Man U game and Chilwell only played today - I was hoping that we would see the most creative midfielder in the Premier League play his first international match but Southgate’s done us a favour for the weekend 

• Like 1

Would much rather have the odd wobble (despite winning comfortably) in qualifying. Fair play to Kosovo for actually having a go instead of playing defensively and getting walloped anyway. Kosovo are much more likely to qualify by being able to actually threaten teams rather than trying to squeeze in with binary scores like Bulgaria the boring f ucks

I hate the qualifiers. We just look like a side that has gone unbeaten in qualifiers for a decade but, come a tournament, will be utter rubbish. Unless we get to play Panama, of course.

Mind you, I put myself through a few other qualifiers this weekend. They were pedestrian to say the least. Romania - Spain for example. If two people on the pitch were moving at the same moment in time, you noticed. Nobody wanted to pull a muscle, sprain a leg or break a sweat.

I honestly think the format needs looking at. I remember an idea floated years ago that sides finishing in the final 8 of a World or continental cup should automatically qualify for the next, and instead of going through qualifiers play in a competition (league/cup) against one another in the summer of the 'off' year. I suppose the problem would be whether to continue having a one-week break in the major leagues when there are qualifiers.

7 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Do some of you remember when we were actually crap?

A World Cup semi final, followed by 5-0, 5-1, 4-0,5-3 wins in qualifying?

It wasn’t that long ago we were drawing with the likes of Montenegro and Macedonia. 

Qualifying campaigns of the 80s 90s and early 00s were never routine.

Now we are brushing aside middle of the road teams and some want Southgate’s head?

Qualifying is never easy or straight forward, but we are attaching sides and scoring goals for fun!

Relax and enjoy 

We’re a middle of the road team, Kosovo (and most others) aren’t even close to that. 

Love the positive posts. Kosovo's first ever game was a 2-3 loss to Albania in 2010.

They've come a long way in 9 years, now  scoring 3 away to one of the world's elite teams. 

For him not to get even 5 minutes against Bulgaria or Kosovo its obvious Maddison is not in Southgates plans for the foreseeable future. Only a change of manager would change this. 

All he can do is keep performing for us and be a key player that gets us a top 6 position and stick 2 fingers up to Southgate.

Edited by les-tah

51 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I've not really watched a lot of Rice, what are his outstanding qualities as a player? If he a bit of a more composed Wilf? 

Ndidi bosses Rice in every department except long passing, which isn’t an essential skill as a DM