Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Dennis Praet

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm sorry, that's an entirely illogical argument.

Why lol the intention of the game is to win, no? I’m looking for positive contributions he made to the game... 

High press was most effectively executed by Perez with the most interceptions. His pass completion was 70% and he didn’t put in a successful cross all game. He then went off at 65 blowing out his arse.

Genuinely, what did he contribute?

1 minute ago, KFS said:

Why lol the intention of the game is to win, no? I’m looking for positive contributions he made to the game... 

High press was most effectively executed by Perez with the most interceptions. His pass completion was 70% and he didn’t put in a successful cross all game. He then went off at 65 blowing out his arse.

He wasn't blowing, and you said we didn't win, ergo Praet's fault. That alone makes him entirely responsible for the non-win - that is illogical in a team game.

4 minutes ago, KFS said:

Not one successful cross? What about the one iheanacho blundered over the bar?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

He wasn't blowing, and you said we didn't win, ergo Praet's fault. That alone makes him entirely responsible for the non-win - that is illogical in a team game.

Ok but I’m asking for positive contributions to the game also. I’ve given you stats and they’re backing up the observation that he was invisible as well. It’s clear he’s got something but it’s all a bit confused and not working in a rotated system like yesterday. 

I mean what even is his position? 6? 8? 10? 11?

In his defence, he rarely plays in/with our strongest XI (or 10) and is often put in a variety of positions. He is clearly a very capable player, but his impact on games isn't really enough. He goes missing which isn't really what you want in a CM, whatever the game's context.

• Like 1

Just now, sdb said:

In his defence, he rarely plays in/with our strongest XI (or 10) and is often put in a variety of positions. He is clearly a very capable player, but his impact on games isn't really enough. He goes missing which isn't really what you want in a CM, whatever the game's context.

Interesting because I was thinking the same with my post above

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KFS said:

Ok but I’m asking for positive contributions to the game also. I’ve given you stats and they’re backing up the observation that he was invisible as well. It’s clear he’s got something but it’s all a bit confused and not working in a rotated system like yesterday. 

I mean what even is his position? 6? 8? 10? 11?

Sorry, which stats did you give me? That he went off after 65 and we didn't win? That's not a very complete set of stats, is it?

• Like 1

He had a decent game especially that magnificent long pass to Nacho and superb cross also to Nacho. Don’t get the stick he gets on here, our first half we played great and should have been 2-0 up. If we were then all of a sudden with the exact same performance people would be raving about him on here!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Sorry, which stats did you give me? That he went off after 65 and we didn't win? That's not a very complete set of stats, is it?

I understand the want to emotionally back something but being down right ignorant doing it is weird. Enjoy your day pal.

23 minutes ago, KFS said:

He was the one doing all the wing work on the right side first half why perez just watched :rolleyes:

I think he is a tidy player, but I don't think we will see the best of him here. If an opportunity arose to do it for net zero cost, I'd be inclined to move him on for a decent offer to add some extra mobility/physicality into midfield 

Agree with the earlier assessment that he'd fit best in a Liverpool style 4-3-3 where the midfielders are hard working with decent technical ability, but made to look better by very adventurous full backs, and forwards who create loads of space with their movement. He has the game awareness and technical ability to work well in a system like that.

Edited by martyn

I like Praet - but Maddison offers so much more in terms of creativity and positivity. He is frustrating, but he is always trying to influence the game, where Dennis can cut a peripheral figure.

Being realistic, Maddison looks to me like a player who can help us kick-on to the next level and Praet is more of a squad player that wouldn’t really be an attractive proposition to the larger clubs.

8 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

I like Praet - but Maddison offers so much more in terms of creativity and positivity. He is frustrating, but he is always trying to influence the game, where Dennis can cut a peripheral figure.

Being realistic, Maddison looks to me like a player who can help us kick-on to the next level and Praet is more of a squad player that wouldn’t really be an attractive proposition to the larger clubs.

Do not understand that argument, Praet was not there to replace Maddison- that was Perez’s job. :unsure:

Praet was on the right, so he replaced  Albrighton, who Brendan said needed a rest as he was almost dead from his efforts against Man Utd.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bmouth_fox said:

I agree. He played some lovely passes and his vision. He’s also excellent off the ball. Very clever footballer. 

I was thinking this, all our best moments came from his off the ball runs in the right inside channel in the first half. Even though he was playing the same nominal role as Maddison, they both do it very differently. Maddison is about taking the ball to feet and turning. Praet likes to move in behind and push up higher.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bmouth_fox said:

I agree. He played some lovely passes and his vision. He’s also excellent off the ball. Very clever footballer. 

That is his problem, people notice flash, not steadiness and keeping things ticking over. He is a good player.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

That is his problem, people notice flash, not steadiness and keeping things ticking over. He is a good player.

7 minutes ago, bmouth_fox said:

This is my basic position too - I accept the stats that were posted (now I've opened my eyes and read them) but as is well known, stats only tell part of the story.

I do realise that some people aren't fans of him - that's fair enough. Not so keen on being slagged off as ignorant and emotional when I've been neither, however.

• Like 3