Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Dennis Praet

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...why on earth would he be deployed as a number 10!!!

Another stupid decision by Rodgers for the Palace game, playing him out of position. If Tielemans is out he should be replacing him with Praet in that instance not dropping square pegs in round holes. I like Praet, he brings a lot to our game, we just do not give him the opportunity to shine, in a position that suits him, that's on us, not him.

Rodgers just not brave enough to take players out and give someone else a chance as he is just too conservative and unwilling to make the big decisions when needed. 

Exactly this, if Youri is not playing that's where Dennis should play for that game! Youri won't ever lose his place and neither will Madders so Dennis has to bide his time. Look at the first few games when Madders was out. Dennis was great and everyone commented on the Belgium connection and how well he linked up with Youri and Timmy.  I hope he doesnt feel pushed to leave as that will be a massive shame.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, casablancas said:

I have a feeling he will be off next summer. As many have described he doesn’t appear happy and I wonder if he feels he’d be a a starter for other European clubs. Sad but understandable based on his squad player role atm. 

I’m sure he does feel that way, because it’s true.  I tend to agree he’s probably gone, because Rodgers clearly doesn’t rate him and he’s the caliber of player who should be a regular starter on a team playing European cup football.  Doesn’t really serve either side to continue the relationship, and unlike guys like Slimani or Kelechi he’s someone you’d have no trouble finding willing buyers for.

Feel a bit sorry for Praet as Rodgers seems to keep making him drift out to the right wing.

Hardly his fault for being made to play a position that doesn't particularly suit him.  I'm sure if Mendy was asked to play right wing he would be looking anonymous

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Not that he’s failed, but he’s barely been an inspired signing has he? Of course not all signings have to be but for the money paid it’s a little annoying. Same happened with Iborra and silva, wonder if he’ll still be with us after the summer? 

Fee was low 20ms if I remember rightly. Sounds a large chunk but I doubt we would have found a player for that fee who would do as good of a job.

That's also slightly harsh on Iborra who I think was a bargain of sorts,a good option for where we were at the time.

What the hell are people wanting him gone? He’s been better than everyone In midfield bar Tielemens and Ndidi and should be starting every game pretty much.

He’d be my pick in the middle, BR again stupid management using him wide which isn’t his position.

Ndidi

Tielemens Praet

or if Ndidi is out I’d play him and Tielemens with Madders In front.

If Youri is out then Praet with Ndidi and Madders in front.

He is so far superior to Mendy and Hamza and BR is treating him poorly. He was fantastic for us in our first 3 games when playing central.

Aside from our first 11(Kasper, Ricardo, Fofana, Evans, Castange, Tielemens, Ndidi, Madders, Under, Barnes, Vardy), I’d argue only him, Justin and Soyuncu(Possibly Perez) can come in and not effect us due to their quality being equal to their counterparts.

Everyone else weakens us greatly. Letting Praet go would be an absolutely stupid decision. 

Edited by deanolegend1989
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Not that he’s failed, but he’s barely been an inspired signing has he? Of course not all signings have to be but for the money paid it’s a little annoying. Same happened with Iborra and silva, wonder if he’ll still be with us after the summer? 

A tad unfair, they were both so utterly poor even when we were short of decent players. 

I like Praet a lot, technically very good and I think he was one of our best players at the start of the season. I also think Tielemans looks better with him than with Maddison. The problem is fitting him in I suppose. We either play him instead of Maddison which seems unlikely and probably would blunt our attack or we put him at RW. I wouldn’t be against playing him as a wide forward in games against the better teams as he’s technically better than any of our other wide men. However I do understand people’s concerns with playing him out there. He’s a valuable player to have and I’d probably start him 8 times out of 10 so if he’s happy would love him to stay. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

What the hell are people wanting him gone? He’s been better than everyone In midfield bar Tielemens and Ndidi and should be starting every game pretty much.

He’d be my pick in the middle, BR again stupid management using him wide which isn’t his position.

Ndidi

Tielemens Praet

He is so far superior to Mendy and Hamza and BR is treating him poorly. He was fantastic for us in our first 3 games when playing central.

Aside from our first 11(Kasper, Ricardo, Fofana, Evans, Castange, Tielemens, Ndidi, Madders, Under, Barnes, Vardy), I’d argue only him, Justin and Soyuncu(Possibly Perez) can come in and not effect us due to their quality being equal to their counterparts.

Everyone else weakens us greatly. Letting Praet go would be an absolutely stupid decision. 

Absolutely this! Well said 👏

2 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Ndidi

Tielemens Praet

I don’t know of people want him gone. What we are saying is that he looks frustrated and I’d understand if he wanted a regular starting position . No ones doubting his quality, not from my recollection anyway. That is all.

15 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Comparing him to Silva is nuts.

Praet did more in one performance against Wolves this season than Silva did in his entire Leicester career.

• Like 3

Depend if you believe the stats but https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/dennis-praet/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/129588/plus/0?saison=2019&verein=1003&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id= has him down for playing wide on one occassion in LCFC career away at Man City which was on of his best game in a city shirt.

People talk like BR asks Maddison and Praet to play as line hunging wide men, he actaully uses them in the same way as he used Countino, as a false winger. 

On paper they look like the are playing wide, however, during the game operate more centre and overload the middle leave the wide areas for our full back to attack. 

Even Barnes doesn't play as a traditional wideman, his goal against Man U and Palace are all central.

13 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Depend if you believe the stats but https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/dennis-praet/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/129588/plus/0?saison=2019&verein=1003&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id= has him down for playing wide on one occassion in LCFC career away at Man City which was on of his best game in a city shirt.

People talk like BR asks Maddison and Praet to play as line hunging wide men, he actaully uses them in the same way as he used Countino, as a false winger. 

On paper they look like the are playing wide, however, during the game operate more centre and overload the middle leave the wide areas for our full back to attack. 

Even Barnes doesn't play as a traditional wideman, his goal against Man U and Palace are all central.

Hoorrah...at last also Somebody who can Read & see further than whats on a Team selection list..!!

:appl:

8 hours ago, Foxy harry said:

Fee was low 20ms if I remember rightly. Sounds a large chunk but I doubt we would have found a player for that fee who would do as good of a job.

That's also slightly harsh on Iborra who I think was a bargain of sorts,a good option for where we were at the time.

Not that I think it’s too expensive but I just don’t think it’s been the best use of money, i do worry we have an ability to waste millions on players who just seem to fill the bench. 
Iborra I liked but the club seemed to deem him not good enough, which was weird as I thought he did add something to us especially from set pieces.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Comparing him to Silva is nuts.

Praet did more in one performance against Wolves this season than Silva did in his entire Leicester career.

I’m comparing him at the sense that he’s unlikely to be with us in the long term at this current rate, his performances have been okay and decent but I don’t see him ever holding down a place long term; and he doesn’t come across as someone who just wants to fill the bench.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

...he is not going to score from way out there is he!!!

Barnes and the Wide Right cuts in and are narrow most of the time allowing the Fullbacks to overlap.

• 2 weeks later...