Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Dennis Praet

17 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Painful to watch him pull up. I prefer us when the Belgian mafia are bossing the right. Dennis is a footballing Rorschach test really (ps if anyone asks, it's always a vagina :ph34r:).

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/feb/21/rorschach-test-inkblots-history

With Youri and Madders in MF we can look a bit too luxury and lacking in graft, imho, especially against the better sides. Madders is a bit of a flat-track bully at the moment (bless his creative cottons!), and I'd prefer Dennis against the big sides.

Are you calling him a twat? :mad: :P

3 hours ago, Fktf said:

As evidenced by the third today. Quality player, gutted he is going to be out as we go into a tough run of games.

He got an actual assist on the first one too, and could have had a couple more.  Not to mention probably would have scored had he not blown a tire on the last ball.

It's galling, as this is the second time this season Praet has gotten hurt in garbage time of a superb match for him which was in the bag.  We're so clearly better when he plays and if he's out for a while that's a huge loss.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Painful to watch him pull up. I prefer us when the Belgian mafia are bossing the right. Dennis is a footballing Rorschach test really (ps if anyone asks, it's always a vagina :ph34r:).

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/feb/21/rorschach-test-inkblots-history

With Youri and Madders in MF we can look a bit too luxury and lacking in graft, imho, especially against the better sides. Madders is a bit of a flat-track bully at the moment (bless his creative cottons!), and I'd prefer Dennis against the big sides.

Weird because i see it as the opposite, Praet looked really good last night when the team was on top and in full flow, his movement behind is useful against stubborn teams that we're dominating but are struggling to break down. Against teams like southampton, aston villa this season, spurs, chelsea, everton (when they're not parking the bus like last game), arsenal etc i think Maddison has that midfield presence and quality to make the difference against sides that arent that far off on paper which i dont think praet has, for me he seems to disappear when we see less of the ball and the game goes end to end. Maddison has been a bit hit and miss against liverpool and man city but those are also the two best teams in the country, against sides we should/could be beating on paper he turns up most of the time.

• Like 1

Praet..Maddison...Maddison..Praet...Praet..Maddison

Crap argument..Two totally  different players....

Preferences, No matter how they fall, gives the Team a different tactical, Maybe Even formation set-up.

This season, so far has Not given us either Player in a fully fit, top consistent Run in the team,so Preferences comparisons are void..

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Praet..Maddison...Maddison..Praet...Praet..Maddison

Crap argument..Two totally  different players....

Preferences, No matter how they fall, gives the Team a different tactical, Maybe Even formation set-up.

This season, so far has Not given us either Player in a fully fit, top consistent Run in the team,so Preferences comparisons are void..

we are both saying horses for courses, we just disagree about which horses on which courses, but it's no stress.

21 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

we are both saying horses for courses, we just disagree about which horses on which courses, but it's no stress.

Be interesting ,when it comes to the jumps....:P

My Post wasnt singllng you out...it was aimed both sides of the divide...I

Lets get both fit,then give Rodgers the headache....hopefully both turn out top performers for us ,over somemore years...

He has to start against lesser opposition, because he makes those runs in behind plus he has a certain agreeable sartorial style and doesn't wear a My Little Pony backpack. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/01/2021 at 02:11, Deeg67 said:

He got an actual assist on the first one too, and could have had a couple more.  Not to mention probably would have scored had he not blown a tire on the last ball.

It's galling, as this is the second time this season Praet has gotten hurt in garbage time of a superb match for him which was in the bag.  We're so clearly better when he plays and if he's out for a while that's a huge loss.  

We've paid the price of fielding important players in a cup competition that should be way down the list of priorities!

Should have played the academy side and protected our important players for the PL and Europa games.

Praet is a massive loss and could cost us dearly.

Not learning the lesson from last season when we lost the chance of champions League football because of injuries to key players!!

Sod the FA Cup!!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, weller54 said:

We've paid the price of fielding important players in a cup competition that should be way down the list of priorities!

Should have played the academy side and protected our important players for the PL and Europa games.

Not learning the lesson from last season when we lost the chance of champions League football because of injuries to key players!!

Sod the FA Cup!!

Problem is if Rodgers played some academy sides and lost people would call for him to be sacked. So he can’t really win. Personally I would love to win the FA Cup even though we won’t be there to witness it. I did think some players like Youri and JJ should and could have been rested but Praet has been in and out the side so no reason why he wouldn’t have started.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

It a muscle injury that could as easily happen in training or the in the next match against Southampton.

Keeping players match sharp is as important as resting them, in the last 38 days Praet had only played 253 minutes, he needed game time.

Yes, but it didn't did it. It happened in the FA Cup match against bloody Stoke City!🤬🤬

12 hours ago, weller54 said:

Sod the FA Cup!!

Cant agree with this at all. We had a week gap until our next game so of course he would play a strong side. And you could argue that Praet isnt a guaranteed starter when everyone is fit, normally Maddison would play. Yes he could have played Amartey, Mendy or Hamza but if he did, it would have been Ndidi or Youri rested, not Praet. Its unfortunate hes injured but blaming Rodgers is utter nonsense. 

• Like 3