Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

whats the best photo you’ve ever taken?

39 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

What it says on the tin . Here’s mine, taken of my son in Iceland.

FBDABD53-128E-47F7-8053-11A32892C260.jpeg

...great shot!!!

The feel is of a black and white image. Is it possible to develop the image in a true black and white scene in order to eliminate the yellow/orange hue as it draws the eye and takes away from the aesthetic view.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

My current favourite:

IMG_6795.thumb.JPG.b464e7b42d25e2fb0f3d238cd7d78d64.JPG

In 20 years of traveling to Africa, I'd never seen a leopard.

My auntie has lived in Botswana for nearly 50 years, and she's never seen one in the wild either. Ever.

In 2016 I spent some time travelling around Bots and Namibia in my rental car. I spent 4 days in Etosha National Park in Namibia, seeing all sorts of amazing animals and sadly quite a ****ing lot of zebra (they have millions there). On my last day in the park I took my tent down at 5am and waited for the gates to open at sunrise so I could see as much as I could. 

The problem with that is that after 3 nights camping and cooking for myself I had a seriously dicky tummy. I thought it was safe to trust a fart. It wasn't.

9am and I ****ing shit myself in my car in the middle of the African ****ing bush. Facilities are hard to come by - I had to drive for an hour to get to a toilet area to safely clean up. The toilets were long drops. I almost dropped my sunglasses in it.

Ten minutes later, sitting in the car with new pants, windows open and feeling quite ashamed about it, I got back on the road. I checked the map and saw a very small waterhole very close. So I drove to that one. There were all sorts - giraffe, springbok, impala and of course ****ing zebra, all drinking peacefully. The zebra's ears started twitching, it eyored, and all of the animals scarpered very quickly.

Out of the bush, almost in slow motion, like it was a ****ing Attenborough doc, this leopard just walks out very calmly, reaches the waterhole, and starts drinking. I was so excited I took well over 200 pictures in 10 minutes. Of one leopard. After it finished drinking, it started walking in my direction, then turned and walked right in front of my car.

The best thing is that I was the only car there. No safari vehicles with a dozen tourists taking the same photo, no overland vehicles snapping away and making noise. It was just me, my car, the absolute silence, and this leopard. One perfect moment, all to myself.

And it all happened because I ****ing shit myself.

Best. Day. Ever. 

And it's all ****ing mine!

I imagine most people wait until they see the leopard before shitting their pants but lol

Great pictures them, I’d love to have the time to do that. (Minus the shit pants)

Edited by Strokes
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...great shot!!!

The feel is of a black and white image. Is it possible to develop the image in a true black and white scene in order to eliminate the yellow/orange hue as it draws the eye and takes away from the aesthetic view.

4D388C70-E35E-40B9-9711-2352339DE1BE.jpeg

IMG_20190421_204223_161.thumb.jpg.06b674384e67cf0e6f58bdcde15429bf.jpg

Not the best but it's one of the first that comes to mind. Bedford embankment. 

IMG-20170622-WA0019.thumb.jpg.379ea6d80ba1e9bf4dbaddc2439dd941.jpg

Sunset in Mykonos. 

IMG-20170624-WA0014.thumb.jpg.09397b1e174c964634334c104fc0f77e.jpg(technically not one I took...me in the sunset in Mykonos). 

Want to add more but restricted by the image size limit. 

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

My current favourite:

IMG_6795.thumb.JPG.b464e7b42d25e2fb0f3d238cd7d78d64.JPG

In 20 years of traveling to Africa, I'd never seen a leopard.

My auntie has lived in Botswana for nearly 50 years, and she's never seen one in the wild either. Ever.

In 2016 I spent some time travelling around Bots and Namibia in my rental car. I spent 4 days in Etosha National Park in Namibia, seeing all sorts of amazing animals and sadly quite a ****ing lot of zebra (they have millions there). On my last day in the park I took my tent down at 5am and waited for the gates to open at sunrise so I could see as much as I could. 

The problem with that is that after 3 nights camping and cooking for myself I had a seriously dicky tummy. I thought it was safe to trust a fart. It wasn't.

9am and I ****ing shit myself in my car in the middle of the African ****ing bush. Facilities are hard to come by - I had to drive for an hour to get to a toilet area to safely clean up. The toilets were long drops. I almost dropped my sunglasses in it.

Ten minutes later, sitting in the car with new pants, windows open and feeling quite ashamed about it, I got back on the road. I checked the map and saw a very small waterhole very close. So I drove to that one. There were all sorts - giraffe, springbok, impala and of course ****ing zebra, all drinking peacefully. The zebra's ears started twitching, it eyored, and all of the animals scarpered very quickly.

Out of the bush, almost in slow motion, like it was a ****ing Attenborough doc, this leopard just walks out very calmly, reaches the waterhole, and starts drinking. I was so excited I took well over 200 pictures in 10 minutes. Of one leopard. After it finished drinking, it started walking in my direction, then turned and walked right in front of my car.

The best thing is that I was the only car there. No safari vehicles with a dozen tourists taking the same photo, no overland vehicles snapping away and making noise. It was just me, my car, the absolute silence, and this leopard. One perfect moment, all to myself.

And it all happened because I ****ing shit myself.

Best. Day. Ever. 

And it's all ****ing mine!

Amazing mate! The one animal that eluded me but for a split second blur of it's back end as it jumped in to thick bush on the other side of a river. They are so damn hard to see in the wild and that's why it must be magical if you get such an experience like this. Glorious creatures.

11 hours ago, Strokes said:

I imagine most people wait until they see the leopard before shitting their pants but lol

Great pictures them, I’d love to have the time to do that. (Minus the shit pants)

I’d honestly recommend not going to Africa at all. 

Because you’ll regret coming home and will end up pining for it relentlessly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Amazing mate! The one animal that eluded me but for a split second blur of it's back end as it jumped in to thick bush on the other side of a river. They are so damn hard to see in the wild and that's why it must be magical if you get such an experience like this. Glorious creatures.

It’s the luck of the draw mate. They’re so elusive the staff at Etosha have no idea how many they have! Every time I’ve been leaving the bush my eyes are glued to the trees on the off chance I see one. The only big cat I haven’t seen in the wild now are cheetah. One day though...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Beautiful!

What’s Kruger like? I’ve never managed to get there!

Amazing. Couldn't fault it at all. The natural beauty, wilderness and vastness of it all. We went up to a point, a small hill, and everywhere you looked was Kruger Park. I don't think the size and area of it can be appreciated until you're actually there. 

All the tours go in early hours of the morning so you get to watch a sunrise as you arrive. And it's also the best time to see some animals while it's not too hot as most sleep during the day. 

We were very fortunate - we ended up seeing the big 5 so can definitely appreciate your experience of seeing leopards! Elephants are my favourite animal so I really respected the opportunity to see them in the wild. We only got a glance at a leopard as it was chilling amongst several trees in the shade. We wouldn't have spotted it to be honest if the guide hadn't noticed and followed tracks. 

Agree with the sentiment you made as well - don't go cos it'll just mean you don't want to come back and always want to go back lol

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

It’s the luck of the draw mate. They’re so elusive the staff at Etosha have no idea how many they have! Every time I’ve been leaving the bush my eyes are glued to the trees on the off chance I see one. The only big cat I haven’t seen in the wild now are cheetah. One day though...

I went to a private game reserve on the outskirts of the Kruger in 2014 and they had 2 brothers (cheetahs) that had become orphaned very young and as a result the rangers had to start with tried to protect them which meant they were " familiar " with humans, so much so that our ranger tracked them and asked us if we wanted to get out of the open top Land Rover and get closer to them, which we obviously all did. Was very exhilarating. I will upload the photo shortly, another stunning species. It did feel less natural a viewing though but didn't stop the heart beating at about 1000 mph

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Beautiful!

What’s Kruger like? I’ve never managed to get there!

41 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Amazing. Couldn't fault it at all. The natural beauty, wilderness and vastness of it all. We went up to a point, a small hill, and everywhere you looked was Kruger Park. I don't think the size and area of it can be appreciated until you're actually there. 

All the tours go in early hours of the morning so you get to watch a sunrise as you arrive. And it's also the best time to see some animals while it's not too hot as most sleep during the day. 

We were very fortunate - we ended up seeing the big 5 so can definitely appreciate your experience of seeing leopards! Elephants are my favourite animal so I really respected the opportunity to see them in the wild. We only got a glance at a leopard as it was chilling amongst several trees in the shade. We wouldn't have spotted it to be honest if the guide hadn't noticed and followed tracks. 

Agree with the sentiment you made as well - don't go cos it'll just mean you don't want to come back and always want to go back lol

Many years ago my sister spent 6 weeks working at Moholoholo Animal Rehab centre on the edge of Kruger National Park. As you'd expect, being a rehab centre, She managed to get up close to a lot of different animals and took some pretty amazing pictures - which i'll ask her to send me some so i can share them on here if you'd like. a couple that stick in my mind were a Cheetah just laying on a branch up in a tree, and a dead snake that met its end in a slightly comical way (I always felt bad for laughing about how this snake died but it did make for a great picture, and an even better story when she talks about it!)