Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Yesterdays scarf on Ebay .

If you took your designated one, and don't need it, then if you want to flog it then fair enough, it's up to the buyer if they spend £100+ on a scarf and at least then you know for certain it will be going to someone who wishes to properly respect it.

Stealing scarfs from your seat neighbours meant for an act of remembrance before the game has even started however is an awfully shitty thing to do, I don't see much excuse because if you're struggling to the tune of £150 then why have you spent ££ on a match ticket or £££ on a season ticket?

Personally, I borrowed my mate's ticket as he couldn't make it, and I waited until a few minutes after full time (letting the queue out go down) to grab the scarf from the seat ahead which is vacant for 3/4s of the season (including Saturday), so we could both have one. So I can't be too sanctimonious tbf.

Edited by Finnaldo

There were 3 seats around us on Saturday with nobody sitting in them so my son went to take one of the spare scarves for his younger brother at home, I told him to put it back as it wasn’t his to take we went down to the concourse at half time came back up and low and behold all 3 scarfs were gone I should have just let him take it

Taking scarfs left behind or from vacant seats at the end of the game is fine. Wandering around pre-match and putting them in a bag is just being cnutish! Trying to sell something that was given to you for free to commemorate a significant time in our clubs history doesn't sit well with me at all.

37 minutes ago, Wrighty22 said:

Taking scarfs left behind or from vacant seats at the end of the game is fine. Wandering around pre-match and putting them in a bag is just being cnutish! Trying to sell something that was given to you for free to commemorate a significant time in our clubs history doesn't sit well with me at all.

Agreed

Perhaps the club needs to stop giving free items at seats or at all. It is sad that any fan feels the need to steal freebies from others but clearly these arent normal folk. Whats worse is some of these knobs could be family or mates of yours, yikes!

I'd say the club should have some staff at gates to hand out freebies but probably wouldn't know how to organize themselves enough for that (so it appears).  Although even if this were the case i bet if you left for a pint and came back someone would have nicked it from your seat.

Edited by Jattdogg

12 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Agreed

Perhaps the club needs to stop giving free items at seats or at all. It is sad that any fan feels the need to steal freebies from others but clearly these arent normal folk. Whats worse is some of these knobs could be family or mates of yours, yikes!

I'd say the club should have some staff at gates to hand out freebies but probably wouldn't know how to organize themselves enough for that (so it appears).  Although even if this were the case i bet if you left for a pint and came back someone would have nicked it from your seat.

Shouldn't really be put into a position to stop giving away stuff for a few morons spoiling it for the rest. Just add a note in that anyone found doing so will face punishment. This has happened for a while now and I feel it will continue to happen. I heard it was happening at Wembley as well in the Charity Shield.

If people want to sell their scarves, whatever. Each to their own.

What does bring my urine to boiling point is the idea of some filthy, thieving little scumbag taking others' scarves before the game so that they never get the opportunity to make that decision.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 2

If you attended and don’t want the scarf and decide to flog it that’s your prerogative. Not sure I agree with it necessarily but it is yours and we live in a free and capitalist society. 

But if I’d have seen someone taking more than their own before the match I’d have had no problem reporting to a steward. It’s theft. 

Edited by rn9013
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, jonthefox said:

It would seem anybody is willing to do anything to make a fast buck these days. 
These weren’t handed out to sell on. They were meant to be given to fans to celebrate a brilliant man and, I assume, to say thank you for continued support of the club.

I despair of modern society at times

• Like 1

Whilst the seller is entitled, it doesn't sit right with me that someone were to profit from an occasion of remembrance to a terrible tragedy.

That said I could not make last years fixture, and was really after one of the scarves... some g*t apparently took it from my seat.