Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Yesterdays scarf on Ebay .

Guest Markyblue
2 minutes ago, TK95 said:

It kinda ruins it for everyone tbh. I guess one way to get round it would be to have to collect it/stamp the hand like the free pints but it's so tedious. You'd think people would be more considerate 

99.9 % were mate, always that tiny percentage that want that bit more its human nature. 

16 hours ago, Spicer said:

£150 could feed a family for a month on the cheap. Don't rush to judge. We don't know peoples financial situation. For some that money could go a long way.

Perhaps they shouldn't be shelling out £25+ for a football ticket if they're that desperate?

3 hours ago, Wrighty22 said:

Shouldn't really be put into a position to stop giving away stuff for a few morons spoiling it for the rest. Just add a note in that anyone found doing so will face punishment. This has happened for a while now and I feel it will continue to happen. I heard it was happening at Wembley as well in the Charity Shield.

I dont disagree. Its pathetic really.

I watched the MOTD highlights this morning, and was surprised to see adults wearing their scarf with, on one occasion, a scarf over the barrier in front of them, and a further two adults wearing scarves and holding scarves above their heads. Now in each case, one of these scarves could have been the one from the same game last year, it was I possible to tell, but I’m sceptical. So I guess some people in that area of the ground were scarf-less? 

Guest Markyblue
25 minutes ago, Al-aLondon-Foxile said:

I watched the MOTD highlights this morning, and was surprised to see adults wearing their scarf with, on one occasion, a scarf over the barrier in front of them, and a further two adults wearing scarves and holding scarves above their heads. Now in each case, one of these scarves could have been the one from the same game last year, it was I possible to tell, but I’m sceptical. So I guess some people in that area of the ground were scarf-less? 

Saw lots of people on the way down wearing last years scarf.

18 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

That’s the difference between you and me perhaps? I see it as much more than ‘a scarf’

And that's fine, but that's all it is. I don't need something mass produced to pay homage to our late chairman and if there was someone like yourself willing to give me £150 for it, then I'd obviously take it if it's worth that much to you/whoever. 

people are gonna do this sort of stuff, just don't let it bother you.

you picked your scarf up and took it home as a memento they picked up theirs and sold it

morally feels a bit meh but it's theirs to do whatever with 

IF that means someone who missed out gets one and frames it, wears it, whatever - well, at least it found a nice home in the end.

Edited by lifted*fox
sssssssss
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, RoboFox said:

If people want to sell their scarves, whatever. Each to their own.

What does bring my urine to boiling point is the idea of some filthy, thieving little scumbag taking others' scarves before the game so that they never get the opportunity to make that decision.

Doesn't seem to be a one-off either. Was mentioned after the Chelsea game with the baseball caps being taken from seats before people had arrived.

Does make you wonder if the club might think twice before giving out free stuff if complaints are made.

23 minutes ago, Corky said:

Doesn't seem to be a one-off either. Was mentioned after the Chelsea game with the baseball caps being taken from seats before people had arrived.

Does make you wonder if the club might think twice before giving out free stuff if complaints are made.

I don't think the club will stop with the generosity any time soon.

It was raised at the FFC last season after the initial incident of the scarfs and gift bags being subject to the same treatment.

Susan Whelan was very firm on her stance that essentially they can't do anything about it as it's a gift and therefore people can so what they choose with it.

And they wouldn't be spending any sleepless nights worrying about it. And it shouldn't let the majority have these things ruined by the minority.

They seem to believe like most of us, we appreciate the guesture.

For balance on the subject and to prove there are some nice people in the world.

I had to sell my tickets for the weekend. 2 of those people appreciated being at the game and have given over the scarfs to me and my boy as a thank you. 

I also had a mate who off his own back also offered his to my lad separately.

9 hours ago, Markyblue said:

99.9 % were mate, always that tiny percentage that want that bit more its human nature. 

True. I couldn’t make the kick off on time due to one of my kids playing football, however after a hair raising trip down the motorway I made 15 minutes up and only missed the first five minutes. My scarf was still there as were a few others dotted around hanging on the back of chairs, including one next to me. Someone took that on the final whistle and another season ticket holder grabbed another and told me to give it to my kids (they sometimes come with me when I can get tickets for them). But they were all on the seats until pretty much the end. 

Edited by Vlad the Fox

On 20/10/2019 at 21:47, Spicer said:

£150 could feed a family for a month on the cheap. Don't rush to judge. We don't know peoples financial situation. For some that money could go a long way.

If they're that desperate they shouldn't be going to a football match if in fact they went. I'd happily pre judge, it's not the decent thing to do and is more likely going on fags and booze. 

• Like 1

Lots of people on here trying to take the moral “high ground”....

you feel (quite rightly) you want to voice your views by airing them on this thread.

yet when posters have put other threads on ways to honour vichai previously, there were no more than a handful of replies. That was too much of an effort to contribute to the thread.

did I get offended? No, I just understand that many of us can be fickle and many have their own agendas, plus views and own experiences of how grief should be managed.

live and let live

Edited by turkish14

5 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

If they're that desperate they shouldn't be going to a football match if in fact they went. I'd happily pre judge, it's not the decent thing to do and is more likely going on fags and booze. 

.. and warm clothing for the winter? 

like a scarf for example. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, turkish14 said:

Lots of people on here trying to take the moral “high ground”....

you feel (quite rightly) you want to voice your views by airing them on this thread.

yet when posters have put other threads on ways to honour vichai previously, there were no more than a handful of replies. That was too much of an effort to contribute to the thread.

did I get offended? No, I just understand that many of us can be fickle and many have their own agendas, plus views and own experiences of how grief should be managed.

live and let live

You sound quite bothered by the fact no one commented on your thread.