Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Southampton 0 - 9 (NINE) Leicester City A Post Match Thread

And before we all claim to have been there in years to come (like the supposed Tardis-esque properties of the 100 Club's legendary Sex Pistols gig) their ground does not hold 73,000.

Speaking of which :appl:to those who were there, safe journeys home, have a Lemsip for me!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Very interesting insight that Chilwell and, I think maddison, told Neville before the game that they fancied a 3-0 win.

Very very interesting actually. It says an awful.lot about their prep and ability and belief

Yh I loved how he said that Brendan has told them all the other teams are waiting for us to drop off as expected but how he wants us to stay at the top of the league rather looking at what other teams are doing.

That was phenomenal. To a man we were excellent. I don't care that it was against ten men, I've never seen us play so ruthlessly and clinically. To see your team score 9 is special. 

Southampton were alarmingly bad. To concede twice in two minutes twice is criminal. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:
  • This was Southampton’s biggest ever defeat as an English league side in all competitions in their history.
  • Leicester recorded the joint-largest ever margin of victory in Premier League history, alongside Manchester United’s 9-0 win over Ipswich at Old Trafford in March 1995.
  • Leicester recorded the biggest-ever victory by an away side in an English top-flight league match in the 131-year history of the Football League.
  • Leicester became only the second team in Premier League history to establish a five-goal lead in the first half of an away game in the competition, after Manchester City against Burnley in April 2010 (also 5-0).

• Leicester have also become only the second side in Premier League history to have two players score a hat-trick in the same game (Perez and Vardy), after Arsenal in May 2003 - also against Southampton (Pennant and Pires).

I spent 2 minutes trying to deselect the text.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Hassenhutl was so shocked in his post match interview that he reverted to his mother tongue 

Was that acceptable from your team - Nein

Are there any positives to take from that performance - Nein

Do you know how many goals your team conceded tonight - Nein 

Felt a bit sorry for him, looked broken not sure he will recover from this or even given a chance to, had to laugh when they showed Le Tissier in the crowd though