Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

59 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Probably been posted for past elections, but always interesting to see where people end up

https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

This is me

2037882221_Screenshot_20191113-221915_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.e40491fa5d1230b96b3d60b8c764b6ee.jpg

I came out in roughly the same position as Gandhi 😇

Edit: I wonder how Gandhi got round to taking the test though?

Edited by WigstonWanderer

10 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

The polls were pretty accurate when it was really close.... but 3 or 4 weeks out... not so much?

Yes, national polls 4 weeks out don't tell us much about the final result. National polls on the eve of the election tell us more - but still not everything, in a constituency-based election with big regional/local variations in swing.

Btw. your Trump-Clinton graph was pretty accurate, wasn't it? It shows national vote - and Clinton won that, but lost the election because she lost key states and therefore the electoral college.

Similarly, it's perfectly possible that the Tories could win the UK national vote by 5-6% but not win a majority (e.g. if the SNP win most Scottish seats on a tiny UK vote %, Labour gets its vote out in marginals & a lot of Remainers vote tactically).

Current Tory poll leads of 8-12% seem too big for them not to win a majority, even with regional disparities, but if it shrinks a bit......game on.....possibly! :thumbup:

• Like 1

When are the first British-refugees,starting out for European-mainland,and across the Irish sea,to ask for asylum...l don't want you lot over here taking our jobs,women & benifits.

I've forewarned everybody, production will go down,neighbourhoods will be full of ASBOS...Saturday night chaos in towns,sleeping in shop doorways,and that is just the poltical-asylum seekers.Farage and Johnson clans,claiming family ties and bringing their family hourde with them and stinky

English blue cheese,and weird eating-culrures leaving half empty pork-pie-crusts all over the place.Once you let one in,they all want to come..bringing their sheep,& mint sauces..and that firstly the poltical-clans,and like all Despots,blaming everyone else,but themselves...:dunno:

• Haha 2

Boris has run away from Glastonbury, reportedly.

He'd been discussing breasts and the Incredible Hulk with some school kids, went to buy a sausage roll in a bakery but got chased out of town by a horde of druids and hippies.

Something like that, anyway.... :D

5 hours ago, ozleicester said:

The polls were pretty accurate when it was really close.... but 3 or 4 weeks out... not so much?

image.png.12dbdb9784d933ffff6ae24b09a97e51.png

Image result for brexit polls 2016"

lol.... thats a surprise...

personalised chart

Well you can't really compare polls from 4-5 weeks before with the result as they change lol

For what it's worth I think Labour will close up on the Tories as well in this one.

Winter election, gloomy, flooding, potential NHS winter crisis.

Labour are also hard to campaign against as well, tons of activists and prepared to promise absolutely anything - this is a tough election for Boris and if he does pull it off he's up there with Blair and Thatcher in terms of appeal to the electorate. 

Definitely the most interesting piece of polling so far.

Voting intention by class

Middle class:

Conservative 38%

Labour 29%

Lib Dem 19%

SNP 4%

Green 4%

Brexit Party 3%

Working class:

Conservative 47%

Labour 27%

Lib Dem 9% 

Brexit Party 5%

SNP 3%

Green 3%

YouGov/Sky/The Times 11-12 Nov #GE2019

10 minutes ago, MattP said:

FFS - I get the feeling Adolf would come out on the bottom left in this.

Screenshot_2019-11-14-16-00-24.png

I've just purposely done it to end up in the top right and did. I'm on the work PC so I won't download the image, but you can end up there.

I think what these things do, like the "I side with" one, is show you where you actually sit on the political spectrum, rather than where you think you sit. I'm mean it's not scientific, but it's a bit of a guide.

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I've just purposely done it to end up in the top right and did. I'm on the work PC so I won't download the image, but you can end up there.

I think what these things do, like the "I side with" one, is show you where you actually sit on the political spectrum, rather than where you think you sit. I'm mean it's not scientific, but it's a bit of a guide.

Your boss is probably sat there right now thinking you are a closet Pol Pot lol

In all seriousness I am very liberal on social issues so it doesn't surprise me at all - I'm just surprised how much state intervention that graph shows I can tolerate. 

1 minute ago, MattP said:

In all seriousness I am very liberal on social issues so it doesn't surprise me at all - I'm just surprised how much state intervention that graph shows I can tolerate. 

They've gone home, so luckily nobody is seeing me pretend to be a trainee Pol Pot lol 

6 minutes ago, MattP said:

54 minutes ago, MattP said:

Tbf they do it for all sides, they had some nutter on the other week claiming there are 100 different genders.

To anyone with a brain it's become clear that there are just two genders, then about 98 different types of gay person.

:ph34r:

(Sorry.)

12 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

:ph34r:

(Sorry.)

I would think even the vast majority of "liberals" would be drawing the line at the "100 genders" nonsense.