Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

EFL Cup draw (Everton away)

18 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

It is a little demotivating that even if we win 3 of the so called top 6 will be waiting. 

What looked like a fantastic opportunity beforehand has once again landed in favour of the big clubs. 

Everton can beat anyone on their day so it should be a good game. Can’t help but feel like we won’t play our strongest team though. 

After the team we put out for Newcastle, I can't imagine Brendan would play the reserves in the quarterfinals. Especially with all the talk about taking the cups seriously.

1 hour ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

After the team we put out for Newcastle, I can't imagine Brendan would play the reserves in the quarterfinals. Especially with all the talk about taking the cups seriously.

This was perhaps before he considered that top 4 could be a real possibility, I hope youre right.

17 minutes ago, deep blue said:

No. There are 16 possible combinations of which only 1is a-a-a-a. So the chance of just 1 in 16.

I’ve got a feeling he’s right though. The probability is 1 in16, but the odds are 15 to 1. I’d need a pen and paper. My poor old brain can’t cope with this sort of thing any more.

Let the Next round of fun begin.....

We want to Play & Mix  with the big boys,we have to Beat all...

Some respite we are not up against the top 2....Funny thing is we used to say.."at least Not Top 8" ....

Lets Enjoy how far as a Club we have come....!!!

So as a fanbase weve banged on about winning a cup for a few years yet last year at HOME to Manchester City, we didnt sell out at £15 a ticket. So if us as fans arent taking it seriously why should the players? Well hopefully with BR in charge we do. 

We all want that Wembley trip like massively. 

£20 for Everton away quarter final is brilliant. We could have an allocation of up to 6,000 like other teams have had. 

In reality... £20 with around 2300 Leicester there.... I hope I'm proved wrong :)

4 hours ago, deep blue said:
6 hours ago, treer said:

why do people keep saying the odds are 16/1 to be drawn away four times on the trot?

The odds are 15/1

No. There are 16 possible combinations of which only 1is a-a-a-a. So the chance of just 1 in 16.

Don't really understand why you are saying no,  and then confirming my statement.

I suppose it is easy to get mixed up with odds and probability.

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I hope we take loads to this.

Not happy with that draw really. Think it's absolutely nailed on for penalties.

Pretty confident with us playing well at the minute that we sellout the standard 3,000 allocation easy. Hopefully we get more and I think those will sell too, might be slow near the end but interest is constant right until matchday.

13 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Pretty confident with us playing well at the minute that we sellout the standard 3,000 allocation easy. Hopefully we get more and I think those will sell too, might be slow near the end but interest is constant right until matchday.

Knowing our ticket office we will probably take a reduced allocation again.

47 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Knowing our ticket office we will probably take a reduced allocation again.

Hopefully not. I did drop them an email yesterday mentioning the fact that they seem to underestimate our following, especially once something hits general sale and that Palace in particular was a bad decision to take a smaller allocation. Got a reply saying they would take a look with future fixtures. I understand there are many factors when considering allocations to take. Surely losing some money is not that much of a loss considering our fans should be first. Obviously if we play Newcastle in Round 2, taking 10,000 tickets is not sensible. But the way we are now playing, with the success and the good feeling around the club, the away following is there and if it continues, every game will sell out.

Having said that, for this particular match, it is also down to Everton. I believe rules state they only have to give us 2,000 but they will more likely give us the normal PL allocation of 3,000. They nearly sold out against Watford and I am sure they will fill the ground for this one. So they will want to avoid giving us more tickets than we are entitled to.

Edited by KrefelderFox666

Depends whether or not picked for live broadcast by Sky. All PL tie, but then again they may go for the chance of a giant killing/thrashing with one of the others ('pool game likely to be deferred due to the world club cup or whatever its called). Its along way to travel on a "school day" midweek evening fixture. (3 hour drive each way). That said, I can see us taking a good contingent as we are getting towards the business end of the competition now.

December for Everton:

(Home/Away)

1st - Leicester
4th - Liverpool
7th - Chelsea
15th - Man Utd
18th - Leicester (Cup)
21st - Arsenal
26th - Burnley
28th - Newcastle
1st Jan Man City

Our December:

1st - Everton

4th - Watford

8th - Villa

14th - Norwich

18th - Everton (Cup)

21st - Man City

26th - Liverpool

28th - West Ham

1st Jan Newcastle

Slightly hectic.

Also Everton could genuinely be in big trouble by the New Year.

Let's ****ing have em.

• 2 weeks later...