Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

EFL Cup draw (Everton away)

Leicester City will take on Everton in the Quarter-Final of the Carabao Cup following Thursday morning’s draw.

- Leicester City paired with Everton in Carabao Cup Quarter-Final
- The Foxes beat Burton Albion on Tuesday night to reach the last eight
- Game to take place the week commencing 16 December 

The draw paired the Foxes with the Toffees, after Brendan Rodgers’ side beat Burton Albion 3-1 on Tuesday night thanks to goals from Kelechi IheanachoYouri Tielemans and James Maddison.

The game will take place the week commencing 16 December and will fall in between Premier League fixtures against Norwich City and Manchester City.

City have beaten Newcastle UnitedLuton Town and the Brewers so far on their way to the last eight of this year’s competition.

Ticket details for the game will be released on LCFC.com in due course.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1475504/leicester-city-to-face-everton-in-carabao-cup-quarter-final

8 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Were does it state the games on the Wednesday 

Not confirmed but based on the fact Everton, Man Utd and Man City all play on Sunday 15th December, all games will be moved to Wednesday 18th December in the cup.

And due to Liverpool playing in Qatar that week, their game is still up for debate, but will likely be played in early Jan. The fixture congestion is causing chaos once again.

14 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Yea coz 15% isn’t it

Actually, I think that only applies to the FA Cup. Apparently EFL rules state 2,000 is the minimum. However, Everton will want to maximise attendance potentially and give at least 3,000 if not more. We could receive as much as 5,500. All down to the two clubs "negotiating" with each other.

If we get 5,000 we will sell out I think. General sale.

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Actually, I think that only applies to the FA Cup. Apparently EFL rules state 2,000 is the minimum. However, Everton will want to maximise attendance potentially and give at least 3,000 if not more. We could receive as much as 5,500. All down to the two clubs "negotiating" with each other.

If we get 5,000 we will sell out I think. General sale.

Would love to go if we take 5k will not bother if we get 3k or less

33 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Ta for that - so we have one day extra rest but no free full days to train to prepare for Man City - we will travel back up on fri pm 

Thursday is a full day, no? We'll travel back to Leicester on Wednesday after the Everton game, have Thursday training and most of Friday. Travel up late Friday evening? 

1 hour ago, lestajigs said:

You sure??? Everton’s  record against Liverpool  is disgusting 😂

Did you see the two games they played against Liverpool in the PL last year? Everton were warriors, and only lost in Anfield because of the jammiest goal I've ever seen. In the Cup, where Liverpool will play 16 year olds at centreback, I think they'd have had a shot, especially at Goodison.

Edited by Nicolo Barella

2 minutes ago, PaulW said:

Got to laugh at all the conspiracy theorists on here!

No no - you have to realise that no team, other than Leicester, in the history of cup draws has ever had 4 consecutive away games, and that odds of 16/1 are utterly bonkers and almost mathematically impossible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Did you see the two games they played against Liverpool in the PL last year? Everton were warriors, and only lost in Anfield because of the jammiest goal I've ever seen. In the Cup, where Liverpool will play 16 year olds at centreback, I think they'd have had a shot, especially at Goodison.

Warriors?? More like wombles! Yea fantastic they took 1pt of liverpool last season 😂😂😂

Four away draws in a row is not a fix, it’s just unlucky.

Luck has favoured us in the past, just not this time. It’s swings and roundabouts (unless of course you’re Sean Dyche, who seems to believe he is condemned to eternal misfortune)

But we haven’t done badly on our travels of late, have we?...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Not confirmed but based on the fact Everton, Man Utd and Man City all play on Sunday 15th December, all games will be moved to Wednesday 18th December in the cup.

And due to Liverpool playing in Qatar that week, their game is still up for debate, but will likely be played in early Jan. The fixture congestion is causing chaos once again.

Week of Jan. 6, so after FA Cup weekend. Klopp will probably play his U18's!