Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Royston.

Vardys record under threat..

How is it that Southgate does not do more to have the league’s leading and most efficient striker - ie. Vardy - in the England squad? He is obsessed over Kane and Vardy is right to excuse himself from England duties. Why spend the little time left to recover during international breaks only to train hard and sit on the bench? 

9 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

How is it that Southgate does not do more to have the league’s leading and most efficient striker - ie. Vardy - in the England squad? He is obsessed over Kane and Vardy is right to excuse himself from England duties. Why spend the little time left to recover during international breaks only to train hard and sit on the bench? 

Vardy knows he stands a better chance of extending his playing career by not playing for england. he gets to rest for a week during the season while others play 2 games internationally. he could play into his late 30's if hes looked after

1 minute ago, Beliall said:

Vardy knows he stands a better chance of extending his playing career by not playing for england. he gets to rest for a week during the season while others play 2 games internationally. he could play into his late 30's if hes looked after

Perhaps, but I reckon it wasn't planned though I am of course not Vardy. If Southgate offers him a starting role, Vardy could well be tempted.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Perhaps, but I reckon it wasn't planned though I am of course not Vardy. If Southgate offers him a starting role, Vardy could well be tempted.

He chose to retire though, and they never used him properly anyway, why do all that travel and extra training to sit on the bench and come on a left winger for 20 mins

4 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

He won't. So that's sorted.

The only way England could tempt him back would be a new manager that wasn't quite as obsessed with Kane scoring penalties against Montenegro etc as Southgate is.

Unfortunately I reckon we're stuck with the yes man for the foreseeable.

2 minutes ago, foxer said:

He won't. So that's sorted.

The only way England could tempt him back would be a new manager that wasn't quite as obsessed with Kane scoring penalties against Montenegro etc as Southgate is.

Unfortunately I reckon we're stuck with the yes man for the foreseeable.

fortunately*

47 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

i'm hoping that one of the manager-less clubs hire Southgate so we are rid of the Twat.

Has there ever been a popular England manager in recent times ? Venables maybe ? Seems they all get hounded out eventually. 

13 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Has there ever been a popular England manager in recent times ? Venables maybe ? Seems they all get hounded out eventually. 

I liked Glenn tbh. I still think that 0-0 away at Italy was tactically the best I've ever seen England play (which is rather damning for England, when compared to the best events France, Holland, Italy, Spain and Germany all have)

7 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

7 hours ago, Beliall said:

7 hours ago, Beliall said:

He chose to retire though, and they never used him properly anyway, why do all that travel and extra training to sit on the bench and come on a left winger for 20 mins

Southgate could be clever...Give Vardy a Call on the quiet...   Tells him, he wants to have him for the finals,no Friendly straight in..!!

He goes Straight into the squad, Guaranteed First 2 games...Have a quick break After EOS (and obvious FA.cup win ) with Family before joining up with the rest of the squad 5 Days before 1st game... No probs!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, foxer said:

Kane scoring penalties against Montenegro etc

How many articles and hours of pundits’ analysis have been devoted to the FA's / Southgate's master plan?  And in six words, you got it all.  Well done.

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Southgate could be clever...Give Vardy a Call on the quiet...   Tells him, he wants to have him for the finals,no Friendly straight in..!!

He goes Straight into the squad, Guaranteed First 2 games...Have a quick break After EOS (and obvious FA.cup win ) with Family before joining up with the rest of the squad 5 Days before 1st game... No probs!!

Wishful thinking I say ...

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

you think?