Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Royston.

Vardys record under threat..

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:
3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

"Colleen laughs off new Wayne affair rumours"

"Rooneys moving to Long Eaton in January?"

"EXCLUSIVE: Colleen's finds 'INSTAGRAN' - the controversial elderly hooker delivery app - on Wayne's phone"

"RAMada Encore: Wayne living in Derby hotel after being kicked out again"

"It's.... Rebekah Vardy's hair stylist! REVEALED: The TRUE culprit that led to mass death threats to a heavily pregnant woman! LOL!"

Someone's taking the East Leake with their Long Whatton... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

He missed a 1 on 1 in the first half. I always feel he has been at about 50% conversion rate recently, which is probably about right. And that is a good conversion rate.

You're actually right it's about 47% after checking. The problem is no striker (including Vardy) has a career average conversion rate above 30%, I'm worried his form will run out

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

You're actually right it's about 47% after checking. The problem is no striker (including Vardy) has a career average conversion rate above 30%, I'm worried his form will run out

Well, I am sure over his career it will be well below that. Think of some of the dry spells he had before Rodgers and in particular under Pearson. So maybe he's a late starter. Seems to get better and better. I think Rodgers is getting the best out of him. He'll probably be at top level for another 2-3 seasons before he declines.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Form will inevitably dip, but long may it continue.

If Vardy has proven anything in his time here it's that he's a quite consistant and reliable finisher. If he stays injury free and we keep creating chances, he will always have a decent conversion rate. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, shen said:

Form will inevitably dip, but long may it continue.

If Vardy has proven anything in his time here it's that he's a quite consistant and reliable finisher. If he stays injury free and we keep creating chances, he will always have a decent conversion rate. 

True. I just want us to create even more chances so we don't have to bank on Vardy to have such an amazing conversion rate

Vardy is not the only one chipping in on the goals front though and this is because he is playing differently for Brendan, and in a way that will give him longer in the game. He has lost a little pace in the last couple of years but Brendan plays him much more central and uses him as a decoy as much as the main man, and this is giving others more space to play in. I think Vardy gets it too, he wants to play as long as he can at this level and sees that he can both score goals and contribute more to the team playing this way. We are lucky he is still here, and that he had enough nous to realise that he would play here as opposed to warm the bench at somewhere like Arsenal. He knows we took a punt on him and stuck with him whilst he adapted to a higher level. Just like Morgan bleeds City, so does Vardy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JamesWelshFox said:

Vardy is not the only one chipping in on the goals front though and this is because he is playing differently for Brendan, and in a way that will give him longer in the game. He has lost a little pace in the last couple of years but Brendan plays him much more central and uses him as a decoy as much as the main man, and this is giving others more space to play in. I think Vardy gets it too, he wants to play as long as he can at this level and sees that he can both score goals and contribute more to the team playing this way. We are lucky he is still here, and that he had enough nous to realise that he would play here as opposed to warm the bench at somewhere like Arsenal. He knows we took a punt on him and stuck with him whilst he adapted to a higher level. Just like Morgan bleeds City, so does Vardy.

But he really hasn't. By all accounts he is clocking faster speeds in time trials now than he ever has. Apart from that though, i totally agree with everything you have said. Puel tried to get him to change his game but it was not working as we were not creating anything and i think the frustration was creeping in, whereas now it is all coming together and as you say he gets what Rodgers is asking him to do. He is adapting his game as he will eventually lose some of the pace but he is much better all round player now

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Should be compulsory for all Foxtalkers to go back to this thread in 2015. Absolutely shows how useless we all are!

General view we should 'cash in ' Vardy for £5m. 

Shame on us.

Lol he’ll never make it in the Premier League, cash in and sell him to WBA 🙈 I wonder how close the deal was.....

• Like 1

Have I got Wymsey on mute or has he got me on mute??

I can't see his post above for some reason.

EIther way, I had this to say...

"Britt Asombalonga went for 5m in the summer ffs.

He might not be a goal scorer but we couldn't replace his work rate for 5 bloody million.

If we were going to sell then I'd want at least 7. Nobody in the league works as hard as him. For a relegation fighting team, it's invaluable."

So I thought I was doing better than most until I came out with...

"So effectively Okazaki for Vardy + 3m? Take that every day of the week."

I love Shinji as much as the next Leicester fan but jesus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1