Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Royston.

Vardys record under threat..

38 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

If there is one way it IS NOT going to happen, that would be it. The FA can’t let us win the league again.

I don't think we'll win tbh. Even if we got a winner against Liverpool in that situation, that would probably be their only loss all season. But it would be a sweet moment.

• Like 3

If Vardy scores one goal in each of the next four games, not only does he break his own record of scoring in 11 consecutive games but that would be the goal to take him to 100 PL goals. 

This from a player who most Leicester fans wanted out after his first season in the championship. What a player. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, shailen said:

If Vardy scores one goal in each of the next four games, not only does he break his own record of scoring in 11 consecutive games but that would be the goal to take him to 100 PL goals. 

This from a player who most Leicester fans wanted out after his first season in the championship. What a player. 

And he's currently sat on 192 PL appearances. Scoring one in two at this level is insane, especially considering that in his first season (26+8 apps) he only got 5 goals. So since then thats 91 goals in 158 appearances, or 0.57 goals per game. For a side which spent half of that time mid-table or worse.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TK95 said:

The more I think about it, he shouldn't return. Take a break, keep fit and spearhead our Champions League campaign next season.

If he goes to the Euros, he'll miss pre season again.

My understanding is whilst hes interested in returning it would only be if hes first choice, one of the reasons hes retired, so never going to happen fortunately for us.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TK95 said:

The more I think about it, he shouldn't return. Take a break, keep fit and spearhead our Champions League campaign next season.

If he goes to the Euros, he'll miss pre season again.

8 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

My understanding is whilst hes interested in returning it would only be if hes first choice, one of the reasons hes retired, so never going to happen fortunately for us.

Honestly, why would he go back? Southgate plays a front 3 of: Sterling, Kane and Sancho/Rashford. First sub is generally the other of Sancho or Rashford. If we go back to the World Cup, Vardy got the odd 10/15 minutes, even when Kane was clearly struggling. 

Southgate won't drop Kane unless forced by injury or suspension, and Vardy isn't as effective out wide. 

• Like 2