Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Brighton (A) pre match

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Who the **** is the last guy asking questions? Asked a bunch of thick questions, including repeating ones that had already been asked and missing the point, then made some terrible attempt at a wide of the mark joke about James which just got a withering look from Rodgers. 

Who is that? What a retard. 

If that's a professional journalist, half of FT could be. 

image.jpeg.4f64d4475fa20ccf8857c85dcd407482.jpeg

• Haha 1

Who the **** is the last guy asking questions? Asked a bunch of thick questions, including repeating ones that had already been asked and missing the point, then made some terrible attempt at a wide of the mark joke about James which just got a withering look from Rodgers. 

Now you understand the " Ostrich"  remark....

It's Owynn Palmer-Atkin from Radio Leicester. The sick note question didn't come across great but in fairness, he works with Matt Piper who had similar injury problems to Matty James. Piper has spoken a lot about his injuries and the effects it had on him psychology and I remember at one point he said that the lads used to give him stick calling him sick note and all that. Maybe Owynn thought it was quite a normal thing but misread the situation a bit. Was definitely an awkward question either way. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

It's Owynn Palmer-Atkin from Radio Leicester. The sick note question didn't come across great but in fairness, he works with Matt Piper who had similar injury problems to Matty James. Piper has spoken a lot about his injuries and the effects it had on him psychology and I remember at one point he said that the lads used to give him stick calling him sick note and all that. Maybe Owynn thought it was quite a normal thing but misread the situation a bit. Was definitely an awkward question either way. 

He is useless. Seems to delight in the Stringer school of useless soundbites. 

His presenting style is atrocious. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pds said:

In fairness he is what? 22ish? That's extraordinarily young to be a broadcaster. He has a lot to learn and one shouldn't begrudge him that. 

• Like 2

I worry after an international break that we've lost some momentum but most have gone away with and had positive international games and wins. If we play well we are better than them and I can't see us not winning. They've had some good results at home though so definitely capable of causing us problems.

Similar to the Palace game, we will be in control but might have to be patient. 0-2.

1 hour ago, Tanya said:

In fairness he is what? 22ish? That's extraordinarily young to be a broadcaster. He has a lot to learn and one shouldn't begrudge him that. 

Absolutely, sure he'll be fine in the long run. Just needs to stop trying to emulate Stringer. 

Anyway back to the match. I'm going so we'll no doubt lose. 

• Like 1

His current league table compared to reality has Man City on an extra 8 points, Chelsea on an extra 3 points, Tottenham on an extra 13 points, United on an extra 4 points and Arsenal on an extra 7. In contrast we are 5 points down and Sheff United are 10 points down. Lazy, lazy top 6 biased punditry.

Im also pretty sure he hasn’t tipped Liverpool to lose in about 4 years!!! Glad my licence fee pays this clowns wages.

7 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

His current league table compared to reality has Man City on an extra 8 points, Chelsea on an extra 3 points, Tottenham on an extra 13 points, United on an extra 4 points and Arsenal on an extra 7. In contrast we are 5 points down and Sheff United are 10 points down. Lazy, lazy top 6 biased punditry.

Im also pretty sure he hasn’t tipped Liverpool to lose in about 4 years!!! Glad my licence fee pays this clowns wages.

A prime example of received wisdom passed off as 'expertise' because it comes from an ex-player.

Can't really remember the last time I heard a professional pundit come out with something that wasn't a cliché, platitude or just accepted orthodoxy. 

You'd have thought that our recent history would have prompted an attitude adjustment, but no - dumb and lazy opinion seems more entrenched than ever. Lawro especially. To be fair to him, even he seems bored stiff by what he's saying...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WoodyFox said:

First time visiting the Amex... anyone who's been before:

• Best place to park
  • Best place for pre match beer

If driving definitely head for Lewes station car park , from there you can hop on the train to Falmer 5 minute ride for free , there's plenty of pubs in Lewes to keep you occupied , don't try and park anywhere near the stadium unless you book a space (£15) , you will be towed away . 

If going into Brighton itself stay away from the two pubs nearest the station they're a bit territorial , but some decent away friendly pubs within a short walk under the tunnel  , The Albert is really nice , good beer and grub and friendly bunch of home fans .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, pds said:

That's very harsh, the guy is just out of University. Have you been in contact with him personally? I have and he's fine, but probably does need to idolise Stringer less. 

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

That's very harsh, the guy is just out of University. Have you been in contact with him personally? I have and he's fine, but probably does need to idolise Stringer less. 

Ok he's young (the present day's all-inclusive excuse for everything it seems) but, as you say, needs to withdraw himself slightly further from Stringer's rear-quarters.

Their painful double act on RL's Forum programme has made it practically unlistenable (despite Matt Piper who is very good).

When removed from Stringer's baleful influence he actually shows signs of being half decent.

But will Stringer ever leave Radio Leicester? Despite his vaulting ambition, his basic lack of self-awareness argues against it. Unfortunately for the young man (and us).

22 minutes ago, Cujek said:

nailed on win then.

the guy is a cretin of the highest order.

Yes a true cretin (Lawro)

Brighton v Leicester

Oli: 1-1 (Wolves supporter from band Yak)

Marshy: 0-2 (Rodney)

Probably nearer the the cretin.

Edited by Dorkingfox

1 hour ago, Stonegold said:

If driving definitely head for Lewes station car park , from there you can hop on the train to Falmer 5 minute ride for free , there's plenty of pubs in Lewes to keep you occupied , don't try and park anywhere near the stadium unless you book a space (£15) , you will be towed away . 

If going into Brighton itself stay away from the two pubs nearest the station they're a bit territorial , but some decent away friendly pubs within a short walk under the tunnel  , The Albert is really nice , good beer and grub and friendly bunch of home fans .

Legend, thanks mate. 

This is the one fixture I always feel weird about... My Dad is a Brightonian, and as you might guess he lives in Lewes. Until I was 14, I looked for their results and went to the FA Cup semi in 1983 with my family. 

Of course I saw sense eventually, as going to see Lineker, Lynex and Co became irresistible, but I was pleased to see Brighton rise again, and hope they stay up as long as they can.