Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Brighton (A) pre match

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not any longer as they aren't eligible.

Are they too old now? Thought it was odd they suddenly weren't in the squad. i'd read Madders wasn't eligible any longer but didn't realise it applied to Barnes and Gray.

2 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Are they too old now? Thought it was odd they suddenly weren't in the squad. i'd read Madders wasn't eligible any longer but didn't realise it applied to Barnes and Gray.

Yeah Gray is now 23 I think, most definitely 22 any way. Barnes and Choudhury are also ineligible because they won't be 21 at the start of January 2020, and therefore as there was a new qualifying campaign that started this year, it ruled them out.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

To be honest, if we win, no matter the result in that game the table looks better

And I'm still more interested how Man Utd, Arsenal & Tottenham get on than Man City or Chelsea. 

I'm more interested in extending a gap between those 9pts or more behind us than pulling away from Man city or Chelsea.

• Like 1

If everyone comes back from the international break fully fit then no changes. I'm not normally one for "never change a winning side" but in this case we need a strong performance to keep momentum after an IB. Any niggles than Gray, Praet, Albrighton, Hamza, Fuchs, Justin, Ward all capable of coming in without significantly weakening the team. An injury to Evans or Cags would be a major concern.

If we are going to rest/rotate players I would be looking at home games against Watford and Norwich we need to use the whole squad for the "busy festive period" and that involves giving tired legs a rest in the build up. All of the above named players are good enough to play in our first team. What we don't want is to have to make 3 or 4 enforced changes and bring in too many players that are not match sharp for one game.

Edited by Captain...

On 17/11/2019 at 21:11, East Langton Fox said:

Looking forward to another successful trip to the south coast, I never expect us to hammer anybody, over all the years I’ve followed City away it hasn’t happened very often. I remember seeing us win 4 0 at Torquay under Pearson but it has been rare.

The way we are playing at the moment though we will score against anybody, as Southampton found out. I hope the weather is better this time.

I’m going for 1-3 to us.

Nah hope its p*ssing it down just like against Southampton and Arsenal. it seems to suit us :colder:

• Like 2

Hopefully Evans will get a rest for this game and allow him a bit more recovery time.

NI can still qualify but only mathematically. they would need to win in Germany and Holland would have to lose at home to Estonia and there would have to be a 12 goal swing in both those combined matches. The game is now a glorified friendly. 

• Like 1