Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Brighton (A) pre match

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

Can we not play Benk then? We really need another CB if so

There is a mystery to Benk, that's for sure. But then you look at Benny in 2016-2017: Captaining the U23's in the autumn, playing Champions League QF in the spring. 

I hope the guy gets over whatever the issues is: Injury niggle? Fitness? Mainly because he looks to be about 9 feet tall, and would love to have him in the box on corners.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

People still spouting the 'Morgan isn't Prem quality' lol. I have absolutely no worries if Morgan has to fill in. Captain, Leader and a damn good defender.

totally agree with this. They are likely to start Murray or Maupay upfront (they have a few injuries themselves apparently) he is more than capable of doing a job for us.

Morgan is fine as a stand-in. We had this discussion last season, then he was suddenly the dog's doo-dahs when he got drafted in and scored in back-to-back games.
 :wes: I have absolutely no worries that he can still do the business, though we all accept that Caglar and Jonny are our first choice pairing.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Really concerned at that .... wes is a lot of things but a 90 min Prem league centre half is no longer one of them ... and playing benko next to cags wouldn’t help my mental state either .......

Yes,  This is exactly the dilemma, Youth over experience.  Maybe the answer is to give them both a half each. 

There's one other option which we've used before. That's play Fuchs in the center along side Cage.  That would give us experience in their. 

I'm not dismissing them but at least it's Brighton and not one of the big boys. 

Potter seems to have them playing a decent brand of football. I thought them sacking Hughton was extremely harsh but it seems to have worked out OK for them. Got to be going there to get the win but don't envisage it being an easy afternoon. 

2-1 City

Vardy and Perez for us, Maupay for them

• Like 1

Is Morgan really that bad? I’ve seen nothing to suggest he is.

If we’re judging him on cameos this season. Remember, it isn’t easy coming on as a substitute and settling into the game as a defender. Especially when the opposition is throwing everything but the kitchen sink at you.

He’ll be fine if called upon. 

Edited by Leeds Fox
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

If it was Rodgers or a player making claims that we are going to win 5-0 then you may have a point.

This is a fans chat page, I think you may be confusing it with real life and over egging its importance.

Maybe but I hate reading and listening to other fans telling me they’re going to stuff us (going back a few years) or not giving us enough respect 

maybe if you live locally then you think differently...... (apart from you hackers) 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Maybe but I hate reading and listening to other fans telling me they’re going to stuff us (going back a few years) or not giving us enough respect 

maybe if you live locally then you think differently...... (apart from you hackers) 

So that winds you up as a fan, I agree that it may make us seem arrogant but it's not something that can be used by the opposition manager or team.

20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

But that's what football is. It's what all sport is. 

Wanting your team to smash the other team. Otherwise... What's the point? 

Wes is obviously one of the league-winning legends but he's hardly comfortable with ball at his feet. If we do play him from the start we‘ll have to bear his limited ball playing skills into account with our tactics.

1 hour ago, LC/FC said:

But that's what football is. It's what all sport is. 

Wanting your team to smash the other team. Otherwise... What's the point? 

Wanting to smash them and arrogantly mouthing off are different though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

It's mainly the delusional so called big club fans of the likes of Man Utd and Tottenham that mouth off arrogantly.

Plastics. 

In fairness, there's been a lot of suggestions on this forum that this game will be a breeze for us. And whilst it could be, it could also be difficult. They've played extremely excitingly and well on a number of occasions this year. Although Dunk and probably Trossard out is certainly a bonus for us.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

In fairness, there's been a lot of suggestions on this forum that this game will be a breeze for us. And whilst it could be, it could also be difficult. They've played extremely excitingly and well on a number of occasions this year. Although Dunk and probably Trossard out is certainly a bonus for us.

I can understand the arrogance of assuming it'll be a breeze and a walk in the park for us if we were playing their full strength side without giving them the respect they deserve.

But with potentially 3 of their players out, if you include Connelly, if we don't take advantage of that situation and expect to win it, then Brendan needs to move on to another job.

As he's said himself, he wants to turn boys into men and halftime at Southampton was 0-0 just so we didn't take the foot off the gas. 

Just saying that we have a chance to take advantage of a weakened side and it'd be rude not to. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Wes is obviously one of the league-winning legends but he's hardly comfortable with ball at his feet. If we do play him from the start we‘ll have to bear his limited ball playing skills into account with our tactics.

We'll change our whole game plan if Wes plays. We need 2 ball playing centre backs to play our current system.

6 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

People still spouting the 'Morgan isn't Prem quality' lol. I have absolutely no worries if Morgan has to fill in. Captain, Leader and a damn good defender.

Absolutely, I find it quite bizarre. He's naturally fit, not the fastest but how many centre halves are? He's strong and reads the game incredibly well. There would be a number of Premiership teams that wouldn't hesitate to play him including Brighton to replace the absent Dunk.

• Like 2

They may not have Dunk but they have Duffy,  Who I wouldn't mind us having. He's comfortable on the ground and unbeatable in the air. 

He'd probably cost too much now as he's one of there star players. 

No match is guaranteed at this level. While I expect us to win, it has to be approached in the wright manner.