Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Brighton (A) pre match

7 hours ago, Dusty said:

I think it’s the perfect time to tinker with the team. We’re about to enter a run of a lot of fixtures in only a few weeks. It will be to our benefit to have more than 11 players that are on form. Why not have them play when the rest of the team is on good form and fit, so if these players struggle, the normal 11 will have enough to get the job done, and it’s slightly lesser opposition (although not a bad team at all) and when we have a nice gap from the teams below. 

I would like to see game time for Praet and Gray in particular but would be reluctant to change a winning team too much if at all. However, dependant on Madison's injury, no need to rush him back and aggravate his injury, there may well be an opening for Praet. Also, I don't feel things would be disrupted too much if Gray started and Perez sat on the bench.

However, if our goal was to achieve an incredible top four place, it's precisely the regular taking of 3 points against the so called 'lesser' teams that will get us there. 3 points against teams like Liverpool and Manchester city are a big ask and whilst doable,  it is against the lesser teams that I feel we should pick our strongest sides against. Wins against those two would be brilliant but arguably Everton and Brighton are potentially more important to secure the result against.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not easy at all this. But if it is a game between two sides that like to play expansive football then I’d hope we’ll win through as I don’t think it’s disrespectful to say we have the better team on paper.

I do like Potter as a manager though, and he’s got Brighton playing good football - so different to how they were under Houghton.

Being cautiously optimistic I’m going to go for 3-1 City - Youri, Vards and Gray to score.

Looking forward to another successful trip to the south coast, I never expect us to hammer anybody, over all the years I’ve followed City away it hasn’t happened very often. I remember seeing us win 4 0 at Torquay under Pearson but it has been rare.

The way we are playing at the moment though we will score against anybody, as Southampton found out. I hope the weather is better this time.

I’m going for 1-3 to us.

3 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

With the way it's going, this could be another comfortable victory.

But this could be a 'banana skin'-type game, depending on how they set up.

The next 24 games are banana skins !! 

There will be very few easy games as the lower clubs will become progressively desperate as the season progresses.

I'm positive BR will reminding the lads about this daily.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

With the way it's going, this could be another comfortable victory.

But this could be a 'banana skin'-type game, depending on how they set up.

If you don’t get a job as a sky sports pundit in the next 12 months then there’s something wrong with the world. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I’d like to see some recognition that it’s going to be a game of two halves.

There's a footballing cliché thread somewhere on this forum which is well worth a bump. Couldn't find it. 

With Man City playing Chelsea and somebody/both dropping points there, this is another massive opportunity in a winnable game. Just like the win at home to Arsenal a win will really allow us to put some points on the board ahead of our closet competitors. I'll be disappointed if we don't capitalise on the opportunity. Think we will be unchanged unless Maddison is not fit enough to start, in which case Praet will come in.

Going to be tough this one, last season's Brighton I'd be confident but different team under Potter.

I think 1-1 but wouldn't take that now, we should be going for the win as we've been on good form and do have a better team and manager, on paper.

However playing after a long break when in good form is always a risk of crashing back to earth.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I do love the fact Vardy, Barnes, Perez, Albrighton and Gray all get two weeks rest at international breaks. They'll be refreshed and ready to bag come Saturday. 

Don't Barnes and Gray do the same thing with the 21's 23's?  Happy days if they get to hang out with Brendan at the training ground.