Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dorkingfox

Sutton, sick, bitter and twisted

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Am I the only person who doesn’t know what Sutton has done wrong today ?   He’s been a nob plenty of times but today he’s just doing his job ..... most other days he’s being a nob without an invitation 

Because there's literally no let up, no dropping of the guard for one second when it comes to Rodgers and Leicester. He hasn't had a single good thing to say about us since he walked through the door. We are the most impressive team in the whole league this season, pure sauce and yet every time we take teams apart he deflects it with some sad and bitter drivel. His unprofessionalism is astonishing. 

I'd find it fair game and funny if he at least showed some sign of humour or personality with it but he can't. He's like a fcukin ear wig. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

He's trying to define himself as someone who can provide a critical, often brutal summary of football - perhaps attempting to imitate Roy Keane, as it often makes for good viewing. The difference is, Keane was an incredibly good player, succeeded at the highest level for years and although he's harsh, he's actually really fair. Sutton moved from the EPL to play in Scotland - a limited career to say the least. John Terry made a really good point a few years ago about the validity of Savage's criticism given how little he actually achieved in the game. We should just enjoy how salty they are at times, reflects a lack of understanding of the situation we're in at the moment. 

It's not just about what you've achieved in the game though. I mean why would you want to hear Gary Neville's opinion on a relegation battle? And achieving a lot also doesn't make you a good communicator. Danny Higginbottom is excellent and he's won sod all.

Difference between Keane and Sutton is the way they put their opinion across. Keane isn't afraid to be critical, but as you say he's fair, and he backs up his points with evidence. Sutton is overly harsh and doesn't back up his points, he just constantly repeats the same controversial point or tries to back it up by making an equally nonsensical points vaguely about what was being talked about. He'll do this when someone has pointed out he's wrong so he'll switch angle. I remember before a ball was kicked last season Sutton declaring, as fact, that Cardiff were relegated already. Now I know they did go down, but that's not point. He was extremely disrespectful to a team that had earned their place in the league. I don't mind if he offers that as his opinion, backs it up with opinions about their squad etc, but he didn't he just declared it as fact, and when challenged just kept repeating it like doing so made it true.

It's sad that tv bosses think we need pundits like him and Savage when theres plenty of knowledgeable former players who aren't afraid to be critical but do so without being colossal bellend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Because there's literally no let up, no dropping of the guard for one second when it comes to Rodgers and Leicester. He hasn't had a single good thing to say about us since he walked through the door. 

I hate to do this, but that's not true. He has. 

6 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Sutton getting an absolute clattering on 5 Live right now from other fans about Leicester and Rodgers 

That lady West Ham fan that called in made a lot of sense, plus she wants us to win the league :trumpet:.

606 drinking game... have a shot every time Sutton says Rodgers downgraded by going to Leicester, you'd be pissed before you know it

If a presenter came out asked "If Celtic were so great, why did you (Sutton) move to Birmingham?" or questioned him about his views when Rodgers left (that he left a not great squad and Europe was poor) then the topic could move on.

But they won't. And get someone other than Savage to be on our side too.

Everyone seems to think that Rodgers would jump at the chance to become Arsenal manager.  How does a club like ours become a big club?  How do we make ourselves on par or bigger/better/more attractive than a club like Arsenal?  Can we ever be a top club or is it a pipe dream?

1 hour ago, I am an Ostrich said:

Sutton is turning into some sort of weirdo Brendan stalker he just never gives it a rest and they pay him for this carp to.

got to admit, there’s something fishy about his behaviour...

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I hate to do this, but that's not true. He has. 

I've not heard or seen him do it. The best I've seen us get out of him is how we're playing well but if Vardy gets injured we'll be screwed and we can't rely on him. 

I could do this outrage merchant business

RELEGATED MAN UTD STILL A BIGGER CLUB THAN LEICESTER

Something a bit more general

FA SHOULD MANDATE PLAYER RELEASE CLAUSES TO HELP THE TOP 6 IN EUROPE

I thought talking shite to piss people off was a pastime. Turns out it's a profession.

Go from talking shite (to cause outrage) to talking shite about other people (to cause outrage and gain support) then you've smoothly moved in to politics.

Whenever Sutton comes out with some nonsence (which is quite often) ...

I just think back to early 2016 when he was telling us how Leicester City would not win the league and would bottle it.   He was so sure of that he even told us why ... which was basically because he had been there with Norwich in 1993, and they had bottled it.   And because the pressure would be so intense, we would bottle it too.

Thanks for those words of wisdom Chris.    Bye bye.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Whenever Sutton comes out with some nonsence (which is quite often) ...

I just think back to early 2016 when he was telling us how Leicester City would not win the league and would bottle it.   He was so sure of that he even told us why ... which was basically because he had been there with Norwich in 1993, and they had bottled it.   And because the pressure would be so intense, we would bottle it too.

Thanks for those words of wisdom Chris.    Bye bye.

And he's never forgiven us for that. Seems to have a real chip on his shoulder about us and I think 2016 was the start of it.

• Haha 1

Well, looks like we have moved beyond club rivalry now to direct punditry hatred, we have moved up so many levels:teehee: the  Leicester v's Derby, Coventry or Nottingham rivalry is a bit :colder: and they've been replaced a little bit a raging twat:mad::ill::blink::@ Sutton.