Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Everton Home Match Thread

Just now, SheppyFox said:

Coincidence the players suddenly  can’t play amid managerial speculation? 

No - probably not. But I don’t think it’s as deep as that. Just being frustrated by them. 

Edited by Manini

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

Everton’s plan seems to be to let Wilf have it but block passing channels to Tielemans and Maddison.

Working so far.

Good point. They have crowded the area just in front of Wilf. Maddison does get the ball but a bit deeper. We probably need Albrighton ...

4 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

I know there’s no contact but the defenders swinging leg makes the ball almost unplayable because if Chilwell carries on his run he gets a boot. 

This is true, but that is not the part that is considered cheating, it's the sudden change of body posture as if contact has been made, then the loud scream as he goes down and how he immediately gets up to claim there is contact when there is not. Just jump over the tackle and go down, stand up and say no contact. He openly tried to deceive millions of people into thinking there was. It's cheating.

6 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

That Chilwell incident has really pissed me off, he tried to cheat the ref, the fans and the game and then had the cheek to argue with the ref when he was proven to have dived infront of millions of viewers. We are an honest club, that sort of shit needs stamping out right across the game. We really should be issuing fines for this sort of this and and leading the way. 

I concur, there's no need for that, especially when we are on top of them since the start of the game. A player of Chills quality should've just known better. Besides, he risks getting a yellow for these antics. The same goes for Ayoze and everyone else trying that too. Instead of doing the basics and playing football (which we know they can do) they are taking the easier route trying to cheat. I don't mind if we do that a couple times during the game but today we are dropping like flies really

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

the only reason Chillwell wasn’t wiped out was because he rode the challenge. Still potentially a foul and he lost his balance because of the tackle.

you’re being a bit harsh on him

"lost his balance because of the tackle"

What a load of bollocks, he threw himself over the challenge, that's fine. But to scream and pull faces whilst going down then get up and claim there was contact is cheating. It's as simple as that. He used the situation to try to deceive the referee with no contact. Calling him out on that is not harsh. 

If he rides the challenge and gets up and shakes the players hand and carries on, great. He did not do that. He tried to cheat. 

Edited by cityfanlee23

Not great, but as we’ve seen with other results this weekend these games happen. On the penalties surely if the Chilwell one is overturned because there is no contact the Vardy one seconds before should be given?

Id be tempted to switch Nacho with one of the  CM and go straight 442 here.

7 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Even dragging the leg is not honest although it then becomes too hard to really decipher whether it was honest or not. Even the suggestion that he should drag his leg to get the penalty probably shows the state of the game and how much pressure money has put on it. Not that it's your fault or the fans, we just want to see us win honestly.

While I did not think it was a pen (or at best a soft one), one dies not have to injured or cluttered to deserve a pen. Jumping up (or taking any other evasive action) to avoid injury dies not negate a ‘dangerous’ or ‘reckless’ challenge (in this instance, more the latter) by the defender. Overall, though, I think it was a fair decision.

7 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Might be best to wait the full 90 giving how much we improve in the second half 

Given my point was about quality individuals hurting us, which happened, you’re alright mate...