Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Everton Home Match Thread

Need Brendan to work some half-time magic now and some inspired subs at the right time. Problem is we can't afford to concede again as we don't look to assured in areas today and I don't think we'll manage a hatful of goals today.  To be honest I'd be happy with 1-1. 

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Even dragging the leg is not honest although it then becomes too hard to really decipher whether it was honest or not. Even the suggestion that he should drag his leg to get the penalty probably shows the state of the game and how much pressure money has put on it. Not that it's your fault or the fans, we just want to see us win honestly.

I know there’s no contact but the defenders swinging leg makes the ball almost unplayable because if Chilwell carries on his run he gets a boot. 

We need to stop looking for pens and just finish them attacks. We are playing some good stuff, but Everton is doing the 1st world war back to the wall defending routine on us and pulled a good goal on their one decent attack. We can still do this.

Not going to play teams off the park all the while this is a good test now to see how they all do when we are struggling to play well to see if we can still get the results like Liverpool have to keep the pressure up on them. 2 own goals this half will do 😂

3 minutes ago, foxer said:

Perhaps my TV isn't good enough but was what was shown in the replays definitively not a foul? It was bloody hard to tell and there wasn't daylight. His leg moves away just after potential contact. The fact he's speaking to the ref at half time going off the pitch suggests to me he's convinced he was clipped.

It was as clear a dive as your likely to see, there was no contact.

Just now, An Sionnach said:

Where are Maddison and Tielmans? Hardly a mention so far.

Everton’s plan seems to be to let Wilf have it but block passing channels to Tielemans and Maddison.

Working so far.

• Like 1

Just now, An Sionnach said:

Where are Maddison and Tielmans? Hardly a mention so far.

To be fair, their system has worked very well and has contained those two specifically. They are playing Sigurdsson deeper to help out. I expect a number of teams to try this style against us now, as Brighton also used it last week.

I think we have been OK and have made some decent half chances, but need to turn it up again second half.