Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Everton 2-1 Post Match Thread

What a result!

Whilst I didn't think we were bad, today was probably the worst we've played this season - not worst, hmmm, digging a hole here, the most we've struggled to break a team down, but Everton were so poor and took us down to their level, as soon as they went 1-0 up they were just happy to try and see the game out time wasting, I could have understood it if there were 15 minutes left but not three-quarters of a match left.

I always felt if we could get one we'd go on to get two but it was getting to a point where I couldn't see us breaking them down.

As for the winner, I didn't celebrate when Nacho had scored because I saw the flag was up and whilst I was adement he was onside I thought 'this isn't going to be given' and thought the referee was simply siding with the assistant without any VAR check, when it went to VAR I couldn't see how it wasn't going to be given - what scenes!

Edited by Matt

12 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I thought the Lino’s were told to only raise their flags if clearly offside? He needs suspending, really dodgy officiating needs looking at. I was behind the goal and even I could see he was clearly onside.

He wasn’t clearly onside from any angle really. 

Agreed that the assistant shouldn’t have raised his flag at all though. 

It does irk me that there seems to be this suggestion (in the media) that Silva and Everton were screwed over at the last minute. Yes, it's harsh to lose at the last minute, but there's a difference between that and being screwed over, which they were not.

The VAR replay clearly shows Iheanacho in an onside position, yet the news clips quickly cut to a shot of Silva shaking his head as if he was offside and got away with it. That was a legit call by VAR, as controversial as it has been of late.

Just now, Leeds Fox said:

He wasn’t clearly onside from any angle really. 

Agreed that the assistant shouldn’t have raised his flag at all though. 

I disagree.....

He look completely onside and I was very surprised the Linesmans put the flag up.

When your watching it in real time and not on video reply shows much more at that current time.

Like a bad tackle looks worse in slow motion etc.

Absolute shocking performance from that official.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

It does irk me that there seems to be this suggestion (in the media) that Silva and Everton were screwed over at the last minute. Yes, it's harsh to lose at the last minute, but there's a difference between that and being screwed over, which they were not.

The VAR replay clearly shows Iheanacho in an onside position, yet the news clips quickly cut to a shot of Silva shaking his head as if he was offside and got away with it. That was a legit call by VAR, as controversial as it has been of late.

If we’d have taken our chances we’d have won 3 or 4 - 1.. Once it went 1-1 Everton knew they were beat imo, inevitable

Edited by Meat and 2 veg

1 minute ago, Kendal Fox said:

Yeah, the pundits were saying we benefitted from a decision. It wasn’t a decision at all, its black or white. 

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

I disagree.....

He look completely onside and I was very surprised the Linesmans put the flag up.

When your watching it in real time and not on video reply shows much more at that current time.

Was it the same official playing down Chilwell's claim that he should have had a penalty?

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

I disagree.....

Fair enough, at the time (watching on TV :thumbdown:) he looked offside to me at first but I did have an eye on Vardys run too. 

It was tight whichever way we look at it. 

Just now, Leeds Fox said:

Fair enough, at the time (watching on TV :thumbdown:) he looked offside to me at first but I did have an eye on Vardys run too. 

It was tight whichever way we look at it. 

Slightly fortunate that at the time the through ball was played Mina was in the part of his running stride where his knee was at its furthest point infront of him.

• Like 1

Did any notice just how poor some of set price deliveries were? As well Maddison screaming for a handball when he was feet away from the ball and only carried on remonstrating.

to me it looks as though he has had his turned a little by all the speculation. I couldn’t blame him either tbh. Players being linked away every hour and now our gaffer. It’s going to have an impact on relationships and on-field performances, which for me was there to see. I am by no means questions any of the squads attitude more the media trying to rip out squad apart root to stem. 

• Haha 1