Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Everton 2-1 Post Match Thread

28 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I mentioned this in the Ndidi thread, but honestly he's not only on that Kante level, he could actually be above it. The reason is his passing has been immaculate. He's actually starting moves, and not just with short passes, but raking cross-field passes to find our full backs or wide forwards in space. His close control and touch is also almost Vieria level. Last season around this time, he was giving the ball away carelessly and had the touch of someone wearing clown shoes and it looked like he had regressed. Kante was great but he wasn't a play maker. The way Ndidi played today, for large parts of the game he was actually one of our most creative players and he was effective too.

Right now he's the best defensive midfielder in the world. And it is not hyperbole to to say it!

Last few seasons, he lacked the technical abilities and ball control to execute well. Together with randomness - ie. roaming around the pitch trying to do too much when he didnt have the abilities to yet - he gave the ball away a lot or slowed down play. However, he always had the football brain - you can see what he tried to do but he just couldnt execute it. But when I read that he turned to football rather late - in his teenage years - I thought his technical skills may not have been down to lack of natural talents but just lack of coaching and development.

Rodgers is a brilliant coach. Ndidi has upped his levels on all technical fronts and more

importantly he knows what he needs to do. He is a much much better player now. Still a lot of room to develop and I hope he will one day indeed become Vieria level in terms of his attacking play. He is better than Vieria defensively already.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest BlueBrett
21 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

I read that more as happy for Nacho to get his goal after so long on the sidelines, particularly a winner. Shows the togetherness in the squad

Was both. That's why this feels so good

8 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Iheanacho changed that game on his own, he was immense.

Agree with second part, but Rodgers changed the game, he made the sub but also the tactical change Nacho and Vardy played as a front two, Vardy went wider Chilwell played deeper and Ricardo pushed on. Everton couldn't cope. Credit to Nacho Rodgers and the team for switching shape so effortlessly.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Had to laugh at Pickford having a go at the linesman during the VAR review. The linesman flagged it Pickford you clown! 

I think that’s why he was annoyed. He made a mistake which Pickford was claiming put him off. It didn’t but I understand his point.

11 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Who was the dickbrain on R5 606 just now saying us finishing in the top 4 was harder than winning the PL?

There are some totally brainless idiots that ring this show. 

All the callers sound like they’ve got about 2 teeth and fewer brain cells

Brendan says he's here to stay... don't they all? 

13 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Rodgers about to give an interview on R5 606 on the speculation on a move to Arshole

BR says he's here to stay as he's been given a job to do at Leicester, that he's enjoyed every minute of his time here so far. Bit non-committal really.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1