Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Everton 2-1 Post Match Thread

Superb performance in the second half, to come back from a goal down against such a defensive and rough side like Everton today is the sign of Champions!

No matter whether we make it to the top or not, we can be proud of this team and manager.

We finally showed the precision we lacked in the first half.

Genius move in hindsight to bring on Iheanacho. So pleased for him to have scored the winner, after all the things he had to go through. Skepticism, not playing, out of form and whatnot.

Also happy for Vardy - sixth consecutive game scoring!!

Shout out to Barnes who had an outstanding game for me.

Just shows what a unit we are and how unified our players have become. Everyone chips in and we're now a serious threat up front again. So hard to read.

Congrats to the players, the team, the club and the fans for a fantastic game of football! :appl:

Next few games before Christmas are going to be super interesting!! Looking forward to the upcoming program!

16 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I mentioned this in the Ndidi thread, but honestly he's not only on that Kante level, he could actually be above it. The reason is his passing has been immaculate. He's actually starting moves, and not just with short passes, but raking cross-field passes to find our full backs or wide forwards in space. His close control and touch is also almost Vieria level. Last season around this time, he was giving the ball away carelessly and had the touch of someone wearing clown shoes and it looked like he had regressed. Kante was great but he wasn't a play maker. The way Ndidi played today, for large parts of the game he was actually one of our most creative players and he was effective too.

Right now he's the best defensive midfielder in the world. And it is not hyperbole to to say it!

Martin Keown compared him to his ex teammate Viera a couple of weeks ago...cant get higher praise than that

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Fuchs - nice one. He is a true team player.

Chilwell was pretty average today. He could have played Barnes in on a few occasions but chose otherwise.

Tielemans had been average much of the game ... but then a great incisive pass! This is why Rodgers always have him on.

If not for Ian, Ricardo definitely MOTM for him. His forward runs have been extraordinary.

Ian - so pleased for him. I wonder though if it was a shot or a pass for the Vardy goal?

Definitely a pass I'm 100% sure on that. Brilliant ball too

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 1

Buzzing after that!

Poor for 70 minutes, back to our best for the last 20. Really negative performance for such a large chunk and then it just clicked.

I'm not sure why we are so afraid to shoot at times. Tielemans could slot his chance home but passes to no one. 

What a win! They were an awful team, constantly fouling us, sitting deep (which is fair enough), time wasting, faking injuries and deliberately kicking the ball away. I'm so glad we beat them.

Iheanacho changed that game on his own, he was immense. I thought Perez and Barnes both struggled today, but we still got the win. I do think we'll sign a world class winger in the summer for situations like that and the extra games we'll have next year.

We won't win the league, but we've got a bloody good chance of top 4 this year and I'm now certain we'll have some form of European football next season, I can't wait!

Guest BlueBrett
22 minutes ago, abdul_fox said:

The celebration after Iheanacho's goal was confirmed was so special, it looked to me that they realised just then that we could potentially do something special this season. Incredible, absolutely incredible.

100%

2 minutes ago, KFS said:

Mate I’m happier than you to win, but let’s be honest that was nervy as fvck. Look at the amount of reactions I got... could have gone very differently today.

We support the same team buddy I'm happy as you. Just a little more optimistic. Glad we can all enjoy another win in a brilliant season so far:scarf:

• Like 2

That was a season defining moment right there.  

You look back over past seasons and can always pick out a game or two where you know you had a moment.  Well, that was definitely one of those.  

A brilliant finish to what was a great game for a variety of different reasons, some good, some bad.

And Rodgers, immense, his man-management skills are second to none.  He brings on a change and it makes a real difference.  It doesn't matter who it is, they will come on and do a job.  He's brilliant at bringing the best out of the players.  

What a team.  What a squad.  What a manager.  And what a back room team.  :scarf:

We are brilliant.  

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Like 1

WOW!

He's magic, you know, Kelechi Iheanacho :scarf:

And thanks to Yerry Mina's long legs for keeping Kelechi onside.

Big mentions for Ricardo and Ndidi too, they were fvcking brilliant.

I need a Blackcurrant soother after that lol 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

Apologies if someone's already mentioned/asked this, but is 6 consecutive league wins a new record for us?

apparently its the first time we did this since 1962-63 when we finished fourth. And who were champions that year.......Everton..