Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Everton 2-1 Post Match Thread

4 minutes ago, Remember Kember said:

I can't agree with some posters that say we were poor today. I thought we did ok played some good football and created chances.

Granted we didn't look as secure at the back as we have recently but we can't thrash and outplay teams every week.

The expectation levels of some people are crazy. Wednesday's game might be more of the same

I thought it was a fairly even game for the most part. We weren't terrible, but we weren't up to our recent standards either. We finished strong though, playing some good stuff in the last quarter of the match.

We were slow on the ball a lot of the time. And Everton were well up for it - they weren't going to give us time to dawdle.  Everton fouled a herll of a lot too. I'm sure it was much tougher than we thought it was going to be. It looked that way. Super win though!

And I'll add in the edit - we are very good. Fully deserving of our 2nd place. Gray's ill, let's bring on Nacho instead. There is depth - and it looks like Rodgers is keeping the whole squad sharp and happy.

Silva is never getting the sack after that - they did very well against a very good side.

Edited by trabuch
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Remember Kember said:

I can't agree with some posters that say we were poor today. I thought we did ok played some good football and created chances.

Granted we didn't look as secure at the back as we have recently but we can't thrash and outplay teams every week.

The expectation levels of some people are crazy. Wednesday's game might be more of the same

Saying we were poor today is crazy, we were absolutely brilliant today, we got sucker punched in the first half by an organised side, Everton parked the bus and did it well and we overcame that, I think they underestimate what an achievement that was, the players knew it though, we were top level from start to finish, it's the premier league, teams will score against you kniw matter how good you are

7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I feel sorry for the two City fans sitting in front of me that left on 90 mins. Actually, I don't. That is why you should never leave early. Perhaps they celebrated on Raw Dykes Road. 

You never know why people do though. I've left games early before, sometimes you don't have a choice. 

11 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I feel sorry for the two City fans sitting in front of me that left on 90 mins. Actually, I don't. That is why you should never leave early. Perhaps they celebrated on Raw Dykes Road. 

I left just before 90 as usual and saw the var video with lines showing it was clearly onside. Better than being in my seat wondering...

Tielemans little deft cross and Vardy’s run for the header he put just over was a sublime bit of football all round. I wish it went in. 

Vardy’s movement is world class without a doubt, he just knows what areas to get in to and he’s so good at getting in front of a defender.     

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I thought it was a fairly even game for the most part. We weren't terrible, but we weren't up to our recent standards either. We finished strong though, playing some good stuff in the last quarter of the match

One of the standout thing for me was that we didn’t force the play in the closing stages. We played our game until the very end and it paid off. 

How many times do you see the clock hit 85mins (and that’s late for some sides) and teams start hitting it long. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

I left just before 90 as usual and saw the var video with lines showing it was clearly onside. Better than being in my seat wondering...

I know you mean it's not. You should put that in the VAR thread. Poor old ****ers who've paid a lot of money to watch the match and generate atmosphere. You'd be better off watching in the wings. [I live too far away and can't get to games as much these days, so watch on TV or wherever - but the fans in the stadium are worth 1000s of me imo, and make football the game that it is. And VAR disrespects them]

Edited by trabuch

Not the prettiest of wins but what an ending!

Very sceptical when I saw that Iheanacho (almost forgotten how to spell his name) was on the bench but no Gray (is he injured?) and even more so when he came on, but the lad did well. Well done and hope this kickstarts his Leicester career. Everyone seemed overjoyed for him.

Looks like we’re the only ones with even a half chance of catching Liverpool now.

9 hours ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

The Linesman’s flag ruined what was a ****ing awesome feeling inside my veins Why ruin it and not wait for VAR to review it. ****

Probably not a serious question but I think the linesmen are supposed to delay raising the flag but when after the goal is scored then give their actual opinion and let VAR sort it out. The difference is subtle but in this case makes awarding the goal a little more difficult. However he was clearly onside to the decision could be and was overturned.

All actually worked well though a little frustrating.

Edit: Reading through the thread it sounds like he may have raised his flag before the ball went in the net. If so, that was appalling.

Edited by WigstonWanderer