Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Everton 2-1 Post Match Thread

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Does this performance remind you of the champions season when we beat Norwich at home, didn't play well but still nicked a late winner. Is history going to repeat itself...

Same sort of feeling of desolation at not being able to see off a struggling side. Wondering whether it could be a real dent in our title aspirations. Then, right at the death, a goal from an unlikely scorer- for Ulloa read Nacho. Utter elation- we’re back on track

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Did any notice just how poor some of set price deliveries were? As well Maddison screaming for a handball when he was feet away from the ball and only carried on remonstrating.

to me it looks as though he has had his turned a little by all the speculation. I couldn’t blame him either tbh. Players being linked away every hour and now our gaffer. It’s going to have an impact on relationships and on-field performances, which for me was there to see. I am by no means questions any of the squads attitude more the media trying to rip out squad apart root to stem. 

Did you not see the celebrations at the end? everyone is fighting for the club with or without speculation... we had the same happen when we were winning the league, 

• Like 1

Not sure why anybody's making the winner out to be some VAR controversy, before VAR was a thing it was still up to the ref's discretion whether or not to blow when the flag goes up and players were always told to play until the whistle.  VAR existing doesn't change that, if anything it takes away the controversy because it's easier for the ref to allow play to continue knowing he can review it later.  In any case in this instance it's inarguable that the right call was made.

Basically tonight's decision is only controversial if you support one of the 2 Liverpool clubs.

• Like 2

Have to say Everton surprised me, they set up well and played some decent stuff. Looked a decent team, but damn their heads dropped after we scored.  Don't think its poor managing from Silva, look to be lacking quality in terms of players.  As someones already pointed out, their recruitment has been woeful in general. 

They'll pick up some results and get to safety and mid-table. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Did any notice just how poor some of set price deliveries were? As well Maddison screaming for a handball when he was feet away from the ball and only carried on remonstrating.

to me it looks as though he has had his turned a little by all the speculation. I couldn’t blame him either tbh. Players being linked away every hour and now our gaffer. It’s going to have an impact on relationships and on-field performances, which for me was there to see. I am by no means questions any of the squads attitude more the media trying to rip out squad apart root to stem. 

Yes they were very costly 😂😂😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Have to say Everton surprised me, they set up well and played some decent stuff. Looked a decent team, but damn their heads dropped after we scored.  Don't think its poor managing from Silva, look to be lacking quality in terms of players.  As someones already pointed out, their recruitment has been woeful in general. 

They'll pick up some results and get to safety and mid-table. 

They surprised me as well, there’s a lot of quality there and actually a lot of effort too, they didn’t look like a side not playing for their manager.

Their shape completely went after we equalised though and were pretty lucky to survive that 65-80 minute onslaught only conceding once.

Thought Everton played ok to be fair, sidibe was getting acres of room and they caught us out and positionally had the upper hand quite a few times. Thought Tielemans and Madders (especially madders) had quiet games by their standards which is why I think we struggled to break them down for large periods. Not a vintage performance but a gritty win. Definitely take that in our pursuit of CL! 

That was impressive from us, even if Everton played well. Tonight was the first time I’ve been down this season, and the difference in shape, intent and desire was striking.

It felt a bit like Newcastle at home last season for a while, and I fully expected us to struggle to get back into it, but we looked brilliant and we truly have evolved around the low block. Incredible shifts from Ricardo and Iheanacho, while I think we deserved it overall these were the standouts for me. I know a few have commented on this already, but there seems to be a really powerful buzz around the ground, not unlike 15/16. I now don’t doubt how good Rodgers can make this team and I think the ceiling is scarily high. 

I’ve also lost my voice but that won’t stop me throwing it in my Everton supporting Brother-in-law’s face lol. 

:scarf::appl::brendan_still:

6 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Did you not see the celebrations at the end? everyone is fighting for the club with or without speculation... we had the same happen when we were winning the league, 

I did yes. So you see no changes in Maddison’s delivery ? Or him having a little cry for a hand ball and then following the ref not the ball? 

I dont one think I mentioned anywhere in my post about players not fighting for the club. What I think I said was something about the media attention and the impact on our young squad. Unless you are right and I only mentioned how bad our spirit and attitude was. Thanks for clearing that up. 

1 hour ago, casablancas said:

I know I will get slated for this. But here we go. I like Barnes and I think he’s really dangerous when he is in stride. But is he good enough week in week out for a title challenging team? Last few games I have scratched my head questioning this. I mean he’s safe as we literally have no one to replace him with other than Albrighton. I know he’s young and he’s a ‘one of our own’ but if I take my blue specs off I keep questioning this. 

If someone like van bergwin or say Everton were available would you take it? Is Barnes pound for pound good enough to be starting week in week out? 

I think we need a new winger but Barnes is better than Perez right now and its RW we should be looking to strengthen. 

I love that clip of the team celebrating in the changing room.  First few seconds you'd be forgiven for thinking we were doing the billy big bollocks Arsenal thing of celebrating a potential key result way too early but when the lads pull away and Ian emerges from the centre of the pile it's clear they're all just made up for the bloke.  Team spirit in buckets guys, what a club.

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

Who was the dickbrain on R5 606 just now saying us finishing in the top 4 was harder than winning the PL?

There are some totally brainless idiots that ring this show. 

A bit like the saying that it’s more difficult to play against ten men than eleven!

We were poor all over the park today, and I put it down to the overhang of the Internet break. 

We had 4 players who were anything like themselves today. were Ricardo, Evans, Ndiddi , Vardy. 

We never won a defensive header from their corners. Cats was poor today, yet he still tried to play with the ball when he should have been getting rid of it. We played too close together at times and too far apart at other times. 

The real problem was the tempo,  we played too slow which allowed Everton to cover all the spaces. 

We needed to move the ball quicker. 

I was surprised Gray didn't come on instead of Perez. Who I thought tried hard but it just wasn't working for him. 

Kelechi was an inspired sub and what a pass to Vardy for the first  and winner from him. 

Great result on  a poor day though. That's the sign of winners. 

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Put these in the Nacho thread, but they are so good they need to be shared twice!

D4Re3Co.gif

^ Lovely flick for Tielemans here!

I8P8jRB.gif

^ Is this actually Nacho!? Look how hard he fought for the team and ball here!

Wondering what Sidibe's actual injury was in the 2nd clip?

Went down like Iheanacho's studded him in the shins but he's literally kicked Iheanacho and gone down lol.

Ironically it was exactly that injury which added the time on to the original stoppage time :D 

• Thanks 1