Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Everton 2-1 Post Match Thread

I see the muppet on Dominion Road who had the Everton flag hanging out of the bedroom window had took it down by the time I drove home. :appl:

Didn’t think we were that bad today, may have got a little desperate after they scored but I always thought if we could get level we would win it. 

I particularly enjoyed the pre/post VAR double celebration at the end! 

• Haha 1

Great result for the Foxes although not one of their best displays. Hey ho, sometimes you have to win ugly. The fact is we got 3 points and no-one can get more than that from a game. Wednesday's game will be different and I reckon we'll be firing on all cylinders again. Up the City!!

There could be a slight drop off in performance levels for us in recent weeks but we can't always play at our optimum. Great teams find ways to win when they aren't completely firing and we did that today and vs Arsenal and Brighton where at times we could have let the game slip away from us. We now haven't scored in the first half for 5 games I think which is amazing as we've won every one! In fact we haven't scored a goal until approaching the 70th minute either for the last 3 games either, we never give up. The deep block always gets broken down by us.

Ndidi was phenomenal 2nd half today, carried Maddison and Tielemans who finally got involved once we opened the game up.

1 minute ago, Foxhateram said:

Best day ever! New baby arrived today. And Leicester win like that!!! 

Scenes!! Reminded me of Howard's goal against Leeds. Or Dyer's last ditch effort against Villa. Dr Vreis Vs Spurs. Special moments I will cherish forever. 

Congratulations 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

We were poor all over the park today, and I put it down to the overhang of the Internet break. 

We had 4 players who were anything like themselves today. were Ricardo, Evans, Ndiddi , Vardy. 

We never won a defensive header from their corners. Cats was poor today, yet he still tried to play with the ball when he should have been getting rid of it. We played too close together at times and too far apart at other times. 

The real problem was the tempo,  we played too slow which allowed Everton to cover all the spaces. 

We needed to move the ball quicker. 

I was surprised Gray didn't come on instead of Perez. Who I thought tried hard but it just wasn't working for him. 

Kelechi was an inspired sub and what a pass to Vardy for the first  and winner from him. 

Great result on  a poor day though. That's the sign of winners. 

Mate, are you a wind up merchant? Ricardo had a good game, not his best but played well. Evans was ok, much better than Soyunsu who seemed to regress back to his 2018 headless chicken days at times. Ndidi made so many tackles / interceptions and Vardy made do many intelligent runs and nearly always stays onside - a sign of a forward with an understanding of the games. And of course scored!!

Also Gray was ill and not on the bench. Were you at the game? 

• Like 2

Really glad we won in the end. I thought Everton put in a real shift, made life very difficult for us, scored an excellent goal and didn't look like a side who had given up on their mananger. Maybe they were a bit unfortunate but by God their time wasting, continuous play acting and feigning injury was pathetic and in the end they got what that deserved.

Edited by reynard
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Best day ever! New baby arrived today. And Leicester win like that!!! 

Scenes!! Reminded me of Howard's goal against Leeds. Or Dyer's last ditch effort against Villa. Or De Vreis Vs Spurs. Special moments I will cherish forever. 

Surely the kid gets name Kelechi.

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Hammo said:

There is no greater joy as a football fan than to see your team win with a last-minute goal. God, it feels so good.

I disagree with a lot on here. I thought we actually played pretty well today, Everton too in that they were cleverly set up to stifle us (notwithstanding the wretched time wasting) and dangerous in attack too.

Some of our build-up play was delightful. We just needed to shoot a bit more often and test the keeper. Ricardo is such a fabulous footballer and today he was awesome, as were Ndidi and Evans, but obviously the man of the match was Iheanacho, who was fabulous from the moment he came on and changed the game.

Perez and Barnes are still not quite at the level of others, and I thought Tielemans and even Soyuncu had some dodgy moments today, but as a team we are just immense and Rodgers’ in-game management is in a class of its own.

This season is the gift that keeps on giving. Wednesday can’t come soon enough.

I think you have said pretty much everyting I wanted to say. Iheanacho was as oyu say excellent. His movement off the ball was exactly what was required and his goal was sublime. Really please for the guy. Hopefully the boo boys of last season will back off him now. With encouragment and confidence he could be a very important player for us. He was more effective than Perez today.

Genuinely embarrassing reading the Everton forum and seeing some of their lack of understanding of football rules. 

In reference to the flag going up, one assumed the goal couldnt be given, and several others wanted their players to just stop. But to credit a few of their posters, the basic rule of football is play to the whistle. VAR has been in for 14 games now, the players and coaches know how the system works. 

"That is the only possible excuse we have here, Pickford should have just ignored the shot and put his arm up, signalling he’d seen the offside flag. They surely couldn’t have given a goal then" 

Just now, Corky said:

I may have got this wrong but I felt the referee had the right to overrule the linesman's call and that it was just a guide from a better place on the pitch? Flagging doesn't mean the game has to stop, does it?

Never has done.