Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Everton 2-1 Post Match Thread

10 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Fuchs - nice one. He is a true team player.

Chilwell was pretty average today. He could have played Barnes in on a few occasions but chose otherwise.

Tielemans had been average much of the game ... but then a great incisive pass! This is why Rodgers always have him on.

If not for Ian, Ricardo definitely MOTM for him. His forward runs have been extraordinary.

Ian - so pleased for him. I wonder though if it was a shot or a pass for the Vardy goal?

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

Guest bennytwohats
10 minutes ago, abdul_fox said:

The celebration after Iheanacho's goal was confirmed was so special, it looked to me that they realised just then that we could potentially do something special this season. Incredible, absolutely incredible.

I read that more as happy for Nacho to get his goal after so long on the sidelines, particularly a winner. Shows the togetherness in the squad

Credit to Rodgers and Nacho, there have obviously been conversations and an arm around the shoulder rather than alienating him and he's taken his chance. It's a squad game and utilising everyone at your disposal will reap rewards. So many heroes, if one or two are kept quiet someone else still gets the job done. They strangled the space around Madison & Tielemans and Vardy was restricted to looking to get on the end of crosses with just the wide players finding space but the change of shape and personnel opened them up. We are so f***ing hard to play against! :D

Great result and one I think shows for numerous reasons why we are genuine title contenders. 

Played below par for an hour but kept our heads despite going behind against a side that became difficult to break down, and then with the formation change, upped the pace to snatch it. And late goals like that are often the hallmark of champions as we know. 

Chuffed for Iheanacho especially. 

There are things to work on. Youri still looks subdued and we were quite often caught out on the left with counterattacks. Schmeichel was tad lucky with that Kean effort hitting the side netting. 

But what a fantastic result and season!!! 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

16 minutes ago, Anglodanglo said:

Activate smug mode

Screenshot_20191201-184204_Chrome.jpg

Mate I’m happier than you to win, but let’s be honest that was nervy as fvck. Look at the amount of reactions I got... could have gone very differently today.

Edited by KFS