Sign in to follow this  
urban.spaceman

Everton 2-1 Post Match Thread

Nacho did great, disappointing level of dismissiveness and derision on the match thread when he was coming on. Great switch from Rodgers, giving Vardy an extra striker gave him a lot more space, and we didn't look like breaking them down before the change. Very satisfying win

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Do you remember Administration? Do you remember dropping into League one? What have we done to deserve this? We must have all been very good little boys and girls! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Fuchs - nice one. He is a true team player.

Chilwell was pretty average today. He could have played Barnes in on a few occasions but chose otherwise.

Tielemans had been average much of the game ... but then a great incisive pass! This is why Rodgers always have him on.

If not for Ian, Ricardo definitely MOTM for him. His forward runs have been extraordinary.

Ian - so pleased for him. I wonder though if it was a shot or a pass for the Vardy goal?

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

i’m just so delighted for Nacho man. i really am.    how amazing is this that we have a sub who can come on and do that?

Half the prem would be crying out for that  kind of impact from their top player!

5 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

What is the rule on this? If Everton stopped play, is that their fault or could the ref not give the goal because of interference by the linesman?

Play to the whistle

10 minutes ago, abdul_fox said:

The celebration after Iheanacho's goal was confirmed was so special, it looked to me that they realised just then that we could potentially do something special this season. Incredible, absolutely incredible.

I read that more as happy for Nacho to get his goal after so long on the sidelines, particularly a winner. Shows the togetherness in the squad

Yep you play to the whistle. Schoolboy stuff. They should be embarrassed if they truly stopped defending because the flag was up.

Credit to Rodgers and Nacho, there have obviously been conversations and an arm around the shoulder rather than alienating him and he's taken his chance. It's a squad game and utilising everyone at your disposal will reap rewards. So many heroes, if one or two are kept quiet someone else still gets the job done. They strangled the space around Madison & Tielemans and Vardy was restricted to looking to get on the end of crosses with just the wide players finding space but the change of shape and personnel opened them up. We are so f***ing hard to play against! :D

• Like 1

Great result and one I think shows for numerous reasons why we are genuine title contenders. 

Played below par for an hour but kept our heads despite going behind against a side that became difficult to break down, and then with the formation change, upped the pace to snatch it. And late goals like that are often the hallmark of champions as we know. 

Chuffed for Iheanacho especially. 

There are things to work on. Youri still looks subdued and we were quite often caught out on the left with counterattacks. Schmeichel was tad lucky with that Kean effort hitting the side netting. 

But what a fantastic result and season!!! 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

1059948994_MarcoSilvaSad.thumb.png.0347da9cfbe7298d8d9660355ba9a28d.png

Compliments where compliments are due - your team held up well for most part today, up to five defenders made for a very difficult job breaking through.

Still - you gonna be sacked in the morning?

1 minute ago, Bryn said:

Yep you play to the whistle. Schoolboy stuff. They should be embarrassed if they truly stopped defending because the flag was up.

They never stopped anyway... 

Anyone else feel a similarity between this and the villa game in the title winning season? Just replace nathan Dyer with kelechi and bring the bald lad out, make it a 12 o clock kick off and it's the same

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

Despite some of our so called fans trying to boo all confidence out of him.

Hate it when our fans do this. It's only when we are doing shit or a player is doing shit that i remember just how pathetic some of our fans are. 

16 minutes ago, Anglodanglo said:

Activate smug mode

Screenshot_20191201-184204_Chrome.jpg

Mate I’m happier than you to win, but let’s be honest that was nervy as fvck. Look at the amount of reactions I got... could have gone very differently today.

Edited by KFS