Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Everton 2-1 Post Match Thread

4 minutes ago, Guest said:

I'm inclined to agree. I like him, he's got a lot of ability and I'm sure he'll carry on improving but there are too many games where he's ineffective at the moment. I think his pace and directness make him an ideal impact sub and in time I can see him being a terrific player, I just don't think he's ready to be a starter for a team challenging for Europe yet.

Look at it this way, when the other options are perez, gray, albrighton or maddison, its not surprising he starts the games.

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Everton coaches complaining that putting the flag up distracted the defenders

Not a chance in hell that's the case and I hope their opinions were made before seeing the replays.

Not one of their defenders stopped or hesitated thinking the ref will blow the whistle. Mina slips as he tries to intercept and I'm pretty sure Holgate has no idea about the flag. Don't even think Pickford stopped?

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

Not a chance in hell that's the case and I hope their opinions were made before seeing the replays.

Not one of their defenders stopped or hesitated thinking the ref will blow the whistle. Mina slips as he tries to intercept and I'm pretty sure Holgate has no idea about the flag. Don't even think Pickford stopped?

Nah none of them did, none of them even looked over until after he scored then heads turned and arms went up. Despite pickford protests at the end 

3 minutes ago, KingsX said:

EFCMoan.JPG.c166195fabe35b486454ca6676ce4c53.JPG

EFCCry.JPG.6ac1515a24eaf515551c3480b77598b3.JPG

(Very) tender fanbase are they ?!  I'm starting to feel for the poor little nippers ...

In fairness the reaction wouldn't have been much different here after the late penalty drama we had at Liverpool.

Edited by Blue ROI
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Look at it this way, when the other options are perez, gray, albrighton or maddison, its not surprising he starts the games.

Yeah absolutely, I'm not saying I'd drop him necessarily or that he doesn't deserve to be starting. He's probably our best option in that position at the moment unless Gray's upturn in form continues, and I hope the experience of being a regular starter helps him to keep improving. 

Flag goes up there:

image.thumb.png.55352ab0be7baaaea719a259e09d6994.png

As soon as Iheanacho shoots, all their defenders want to stop him, none have their arms up claiming offside. Even Pickford is still ready to try and save it and hasn't stopped and stood up to put his arm up claiming offside...

image.thumb.png.8baa89826138bab58abcbddaa5a646c2.png

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Flag goes up there:

image.thumb.png.55352ab0be7baaaea719a259e09d6994.png

As soon as Iheanacho shoots, all their defenders want to stop him, none have their arms up claiming offside. Even Pickford is still ready to try and save it and hasn't stopped and stood up to put his arm up claiming offside...

image.thumb.png.8baa89826138bab58abcbddaa5a646c2.png

I thought the Lino’s were told to only raise their flags if clearly offside? He needs suspending, really dodgy officiating needs looking at. I was behind the goal and even I could see he was clearly onside.

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

I thought the Lino’s were told to only raise their flags if clearly offside? He needs suspending, really dodgy officiating needs looking at. I was behind the goal and even I could see he was clearly onside.

Looked miles offside for where I was.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Nah - I thought this as well but they're apparently allowed to raise it if they think they've got it right. Maybe the linesman was confident he'd got it? 

I think Silva was very magnanimous after the game and they played pretty well today, we couldn't handle their shape for the first hour and Sidibe had so much space down the right. They scored a very good goal and had a good shape to contain us and create problems for us for a lot of the game. I think their problems are definitely with the recruitment more than their manager - as has been pointed out on here, they seem to buy a lot of players on a downward trajectory and they could learn a lot from how we recruit. 

• Like 2