Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

19 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

I will applaud him and there is a player in there but I don't think he suits this particular system. I will admit that he's not been given a consistent run and that is a massive knock to his development. If I were him, I'd definitely want out. In any other club he'd have been first choice or almost first choice for at least half a season to see what he can do. For god's sake, even Christian Benteke has double the minutes this season. 

For me, he's an odd striker and doesn't suit our system. He should be given a good, solid run of 6-8 starts and see what he can do with a proper system around him. If he manages 5 goals or so then fair play. 

I would give him the next 3 games, 2 instead of Vardy give Jamie Time to recuperate, maybe from the bench, then give them both time together...

1 minute ago, BKLFox said:

See a couple of stats within those Rodgers articles, Leicester the only team that's stayed in the Top 4 this season & only Leicester & Man C have won their 3rd game after back to back defeats, every other club has either drawn or lost it.

Coupled with last seasons all but 4 weeks in Top4 i do wonder why there is a sack Rodgers type thread & this place going into meltdown after a loss, we are the most consistant team in the League yet when i read the matchday threads i think i'm reading about a team fighting relegation.

Good point.

I have been his harshest critic and said many times that he should be nowhere near the first team squad of any Premier League team.

I apologise.

He will never be a Vardy. He'll never even be a Ulloa or an Okazaki but, as a back up striker, he is part of our great club and should be applauded as such.

(I may change my mind on this one!)

Edited by SuperMike
Awful typing

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

See a couple of stats within those Rodgers articles, Leicester the only team that's stayed in the Top 4 this season & only Leicester & Man C have won their 3rd game after back to back defeats, every other club has either drawn or lost it.

Coupled with last seasons all but 4 weeks in Top4 i do wonder why there is a sack Rodgers type thread & this place going into meltdown after a loss, we are the most consistant team in the League yet when i read the matchday threads i think i'm reading about a team fighting relegation.

This is true and also a lot of people say the same thing, so where are you all to even out the match threads?  I would say that football is very emotive and during the heat of battle people can go overboard, it's sometimes unpleasant and often thoughtless but also I would prefer a passionate fan base to a pipe and slippers approach... I think.  Funnily enough, I would expect that if we were in a relegation battle our expectations would be lower and we would have a more moderate match thread.  I sometimes wonder what an Everton or Spurs match thread is like compared to ours but I don't care enough to go and seek it out.

...But anyway, Kelechi Iheanacho.  Very pleased for him to score, it was a tricky header that he had to adjust to to and he also gambled and made an early run in anticipation of the cross.  Had he held his ground around the 18 yard area until the cross was struck, the keeper might have been favourite to get there first.

41 minutes ago, Blueman1967 said:

He should keep his place Sunday, played well against Fulham

Absolutely. And if Vards does come straight in. Hopefully people will appreciate what a fruitless task Nacho has. And how his confidence is constantly challenged. Play poorly you get slagged and dropped. Play well you get mild applause and dropped!!

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Absolutely. And if Vards does come straight in. Hopefully people will appreciate what a fruitless task Nacho has. And how his confidence is constantly challenged. Play poorly you get slagged and dropped. Play well you get mild applause and dropped!!

I think the real kick in the teeth was Perez being picked ahead of him as our main striker. I found that really annoying so lord only knows how he must have felt. 

• Like 3