16 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

You’re just being harsh to him now

Honestly I'm not. I have met the guy. He isn't too blessed in the intelligence department. Like I said, as a footballer the jury is still out but there is some promise there. 

Edited by hejammy
17 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

Did anyone else notice that bit where he started using what sounded almost like actual words but was in fact just a series of sounds that resembled full English words lol

Just now, Paddy. said:

Did anyone else notice that bit where he started using what sounded almost like actual words but was in fact just a series of sounds that resembled full English words lol

Maybe he isn’t that comfortable with interviews lol 

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's a very streaky player, we have to utilise him right these next few months as he could conceivably score 5-10 before the end of the season. When his confidence is shot he is a liability but when its back he is a completely different player and very ruthless!

most absurd confidence player i have seen, do love him sometimes though

• Like 3

I got the impression tonight that Nacho is a young guy that was really good at playing football, and was swept along into a life of being a professional footballer .... but really didn’t realise how little he was going to enjoy it. The nerve wracking interviews, the pressure, the having to think about instructions etc etc.

He just doesn’t look like he enjoys it. I really hope there’s a psychologist at the club who’s helping him to find joy! 

(could all be bOllocks)

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I got the impression tonight that Nacho is a young guy that was really good at playing football, and was swept along into a life of being a professional footballer .... but really didn’t realise how little he was going to enjoy it. The nerve wracking interviews, the pressure, the having to think about instructions etc etc.

He just doesn’t look like he enjoys it. I really hope there’s a psychologist at the club who’s helping him to find joy! 

(could all be bOllocks)

maybe theres something in this, i'm convinced Nacho is a extreme example of a confidence player for sure.

• Like 1

For all the stick I’ve thrown at Nacho, I think you can always rely on him for goals. He can have a shocking game (not that he did tonight) and still be in the right place at the right time. If he starts every game of the season he bags 12-15 goals. No reason why he couldn’t be a Bamford type player for us who just finishes the job off. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

(could all be bOllocks)

Funnily enough I was thinking the same about Perez. The best players are usually the ones who love the game and genuinely enjoy playing, he looks like a player who has lost it.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

For all the stick I’ve thrown at Nacho, I think you can always rely on him for goals. He can have a shocking game (not that he did tonight) and still be in the right place at the right time. If he starts every game of the season he bags 12-15 goals. No reason why he couldn’t be a Bamford type player for us who just finishes the job off. 

That why goal scorers are goal scorers. I mean you can put Andy Carroll up front for weeks, nose injuries notwithstanding, and he probably won’t score. Some players are just natural scorers. 

I mean Lineker, whisper it quietly, was bloody terrible at nearly everything except finishing. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, hejammy said:

Honestly I'm not. I have met the guy. He isn't too blessed in the intelligence department. Like I said, as a footballer the jury is still out but there is some promise there. 

You’re talking about a foreign player whose second language is English. I’m sure you’d look like a bright spark speaking french in Paris after a few years 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, hejammy said:

Yes because you can either be really dumb or the next Einstein and there's no in between.... :facepalm:

Well, does take something of a genius to meet someone superficially and leap to the conclusion that "he isn't too blessed in the intelligence department". 

Btw, earnestly interested as to the basis of your seemingly precipitous conclusion. Did he not speak the Queen's English properly? Did he fail at solving complex mathematical equations? Perhaps he failed to grasp the intricacies of the effects of Covid on the UK economy? Or did he simply fail to negotiate his way out of the grocery aisle or the parking lot? Here's a suggestion buddy, try sitting down for a proper conversation in his particular Nigerian language and then figure out what his "intelligence blessing" truly is. What? You cannot speak his language (even though he can passably speak yours)? Wow! We might all be compelled to re-evaluate who's really 'blessed' here.

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, hejammy said:

Doesn't say much about your own..either

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Collymore said:

The guy's just ran his socks off and then all that sweat has just froze to his body it looks like. Give him a break. 

Try and interview me after a hard day at work when I’ve pulled it out of the bag at the last minute and you’ll see ****ing miserable.  Well played lad.

The thing with Ian that has been going on since he signed is, we all know he's a quality finisher, we want to believe in him, but he plays adecent game, and then when we start to believe that he's picked up ... he goes back to being a wonky lad upfront again! 

He has got it though!

Just now, LCFCbwoi said:

Jesus Christ, look at you getting receipts of British players do interviews in a foreign language... 

* checks notes *

a player who’s team mate said he could speak the language and a player giving a scripted paragraph like he’s practising for his Oral GSCE Language exam 😂

Receipts??

Yeah took all of a minute to find I’m sure there are lots more examples.

2 of Bales team mates that had no reason to lie.

I have always had a soft spot for Kelechi, seems a very nice chap and when he's on it he can play football really well. Hopefully we can push in both our cup competitions and he can continue to show us what he's made of. I thought it was harsh of Rodgers to start Vardy over him, particularly as he is still coming back from injury, and I'm glad Iheanacho could still come on and do the job today!

• Like 2
Just now, Neutral said:

This thread is weird. Kelechi's English is perfectly normal to me. He has been speaking some form of English most of his life. He's just a goofy, young lad who is a bit quiet and tends to slip in and out of Pidgin (Nigerian English) at times and was freezing during this interview. No one claimed the boy was an intellectual genius. It's no different than the many English players who can barely string a sentence, they've been focused on football primarily since they were 14 or 15.

His English is fine. Glad he got the goal tonight— hopefully he can defrost by the weekend.