Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

'He shouldn't have played' isn't hindsight in this case, it's a ****ing fact and BR will know he has cocked up here. Brighton were never going to offer much and there was no need to play him ahead of fuchs at LCB. People were saying that at the start and during the game.

7 minutes ago, weller54 said:

That's just being silly!..

The question is whether you risk key players for FA Cup games when the league and Europa cup is bigger and more important.

My opinion is the FA Cup should have taken a back seat with the Liverpool game less than 3 days later and the Europa games coming thick and fast!...

We aren't Manchester City who have the capabilities and Squad strength to compete for multiple honours!

Was a Massive risk playing key players against Brighton... and it's backfired.

That's Praet and Justin both lost to injury playing in the FA Cup 🤬🤬🤬

And yet Puel got absolutely hammered for daring to rest people in cup games. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I love how much we entertain big brain ITKs on this site with absolutely no fvcking insight whatsoever bar the text they just received on their "lesta ladz" WhatsApp group.

(gonna look well daft if it's true :ph34r:)

Trouble is a few of the genuine ‘ITK’s’ on here ensure everyone knows they’re ITK and rams it down your throat at every opportunity. As much as I appreciate a couple of them providing info, they have to let everyone know it was them that said it first and that their word is final. Seems more of an ego trip rather than providing other city fans with decent information. 

TheMightyFin is the best source on here and a generally decent poster otherwise in my opinion.  

Edited by TJB-fox

6 minutes ago, weller54 said:

The question is whether you risk key players for FA Cup games when the league and Europa cup is bigger and more important.

My opinion is the FA Cup should have taken a back seat with the Liverpool game less than 3 days later and the Europa games coming thick and fast!...

We aren't Manchester City who have the capabilities and Squad strength to compete for multiple honours!

Yes you do to win the game. Injuries can happen at any time, it's part of the sport.

Stop belittling the FA Cup. Yes we haven't got "capabilites and squad strength to compete for multiple honours" which is why we can't pick and choose which competition to be in.

I want to see us win the FA Cup not say "oh look we finished 4th". The media have corrupted people like you to believe the top 4 is an achievement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

'He shouldn't have played' isn't hindsight in this case, it's a ****ing fact and BR will know he has cocked up here. Brighton were never going to offer much and there was no need to play him ahead of fuchs at LCB. People were saying that at the start and during the game.

People say lots of stuff, and like nothing more than eventually getting it right once. IT'S JUST ONE OF THOSE THINGS.

• Like 1

Just now, AjcW said:

If we'd rested the entire team and lost then everyone would be on Rodgers back for that as well. An ACL is just one of those things. Unlucky. He was right to go strong in the FA Cup when we have a chance of finally winning it.

(Also I can't wait for him to line up against Liverpool after it turns out the ITKs on here don't have any credible information)

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Worth remembering 9 months out with an ACL is more like 12 months until back to best... only have to look at top level players returning to see that. So you can write of most of next season for him too :( 

Wonder if we'll try and sign Nuno Mendes in the summer now. A lot will depend on how well Thomas does over the rest of the summer.

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Not being there? Not seeing mates at games or going with my Dad. The whole joy of it revolving around the result rather than the occasion. I never even mentioned VAR - what a bizarre response.

Me mentioning VAR isn't that bizarre if you follow back the the thread to which you responded 'me too'.

Fair enough if it doesn't factor in your reasons for losing feeling like a disaster, although I'm not sure how you explaining the obvious ramifications of Covid explain that either.

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

People say lots of stuff, and like nothing more than eventually getting it right once. IT'S JUST ONE OF THOSE THINGS.

But is it. Flog any player relentlessly without a rest will ultimately end one way. The mistake is to think it was about the Brighton game. It was about his game time across the whole season to date. 

7 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Sorry..disagree with your stance...All games and competitions are IMO  Big & important..!!

Wether 1960 Or 2021.. Trying to prioritise only leads to continuous Empty trophy-rooms....!!!

Just now, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

But is it. Flog any player relentlessly without a rest will ultimately end one way. The mistake is to think it was about the Brighton game. It was about his game time across the whole season to date. 

Respectfully, that is an opinion, not a fact.

Edited by HighPeakFox

Thomas will step up. It’s a bitter shame for Justin because he was nailed on for a European spot in the England set up. The argument of playing weaker teams in the FA cup doesn’t really hold, Justin would want to play, and it was freak accident, he could have easily have done it in training. We will be alright, we’ve got Timmy “glass ankles” Castagne due back and Thomas ready and waiting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turtmcfly said:

Me mentioning VAR isn't that bizarre if you follow back the the thread to which you responded 'me too'.

Fair enough if it doesn't factor in your reasons for losing feeling like a disaster, although I'm not sure how you explaining the obvious ramifications of Covid explain that either.

I explained why? Because the whole event is based on the result now rather than going to a game and enjoying the occasion. Find it hard for you not to understand that unless covid not allowing fans to attend games makes no difference to you.

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

A valid point. But we weren't pushing for a top 4 spot under Puel. Nor were we playing such a congested schedule.

And we are under Rodgers, and he’s also got us in to the next round of the Europa League and the Quarter Final of the FA Cup, all whilst managing the squad and the games coming thick and fast. I trust him, frankly, to make the right decisions for the benefit of the club. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Thomas will step up. It’s a bitter shame for Justin because he was nailed on for a European spot in the England set up. The argument of playing weaker teams in the FA cup doesn’t really hold, Justin would want to play, and it was freak accident, he could have easily have done it in training. We will be alright, we’ve got Timmy “glass ankles” Castagne due back and Thomas ready and waiting.

Thomas and Barnes have really played well together when on the pitch at the same time so far. They seem to use each other to raise their respective levels. 

• Like 1