Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

6 hours ago, deep blue said:

Whilst you're right, we will miss Justin's ability to slot into almost any defensive position that we may find an unexpected need for, as well as his ever-improving defensive abilities.  The way he handled Traore makes you realise how important his role would have been tomorrow in stifling the threat of Salah.  Nevertheless, I have confidence that Thomas, if selected, will step up and use the challenge to speed up his own learning and improvement.

We just have to accept the loss and get on with it.  My fear is that ACL sometimes knackers a player for good, but Justin's age, determination and good sense will hopefully bode for a successful recovery, as long as he isn't hurried back.

I think it used to knacker players for good more commonly.  Now most come back.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/01/2021 at 22:49, Collymore said:

I'm just not sure if Ricardo is an out and out attacking right winger. He seems to be at his best when he's galloping forward.

after the last few games i think you are right mate :) . ricardo does not seem to be doing much galloping like before i am hoping he is just still trying to get back to fully match fitness.

• 5 months later...
9 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

If James Justin had stayed injury free and maintained his form, he would have been close to player of the season.

He'd have been in the PFA PL team.of the year and the euros England squad. 

Just before his injury, I recall him up against Traore. I clearly remember thinking, go on son, let's see if you are as good as I think you are. It was about a score draw between them in the end.  I doubt traore faced a better opponent all season (regardless of traore's haphazard end product, he's a tough an opponent to face for a full back)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I guess October will be developed into his own personal pre season and maybe after intl break in November be ready for game time. Not dissimilar to Ricardo. Let's hope he avoids Ricardo's stop/start return. 

It would be a huge boost to a desperately depressing injury hit start to the season. 

No exaggeration, I enjoyed JJ's extraordinary rise last season from stand in squad player to elite level both sided fullback as much as any player I've ever seen for City. A superb defender and  energy going forward to. Real, genuine quality

I can't wait to see him.back.

Completely agree. He's such a joy to watch. His defensive battles with Adama Traoré, his goal against Stoke and then finishing off that wonderful move against Fulham were real moments of quality.

I love how he's at home as a full-back or wing-back on either side and as one of the wide centre-backs in a three-man defence. He's a supreme athlete, adaptable and a quick learner. I can't wait to see him back in action and back to his best either. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Rodgers on James Justin ACL injury: “He’s still a few weeks away but he’s been working so hard. He’s given everything to get back. So maybe another 4-5 weeks but he’s doing very very well.” (BBC Sport Leicester)

Great news if we can get him back for late October / early November. Can’t wait to see him play again, he was our POTS up until his injury last season.

Agreed, but I probably won’t expect his best football until next season. It took Ricardo that long to get back to full fitness and sharpness and I expect roughy the same from Justin. We have the players now tho to be able to gradually introduce back into the side rather than rush it. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Agreed, but I probably won’t expect his best football until next season. It took Ricardo that long to get back to full fitness and sharpness and I expect roughy the same from Justin. We have the players now tho to be able to gradually introduce back into the side rather than rush it. 

Yeah, anticipating that it’ll take him a while to recapture his form and like you say, we are pretty stacked with decent fullbacks so I hope we don’t rush him back like we did with Soyüncu and Ricardo last season. 

The aftermath of an ACL injury can be quite unpredictable though. Of course, many players take a long time to recover but players like Van Dijk are examples of players who found their feet very quickly.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

• 2 weeks later...

Tell you what, I hope he's mentally strong. Now that the foxestalk echo chamber is in full effect, the only reason we're not doing well now is because we're missing Justin, Fofana and Evans. This will be repeated continuously over the next few weeks/months till it becomes basically fact.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

It'll take a while but he'll improve us in attack and defence - Barnes' best form last season was when JJ played behind him. He adds a lot of dynamism that few of our players match.

He won't be the silver bullet but he's better than doormat Bertrand by far

He was genuinely on his way to looking like a Kyle Walker/TAA hybrid by the time he got injured. Massive boost if he can come back the same player and pick up where he left off.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Tell you what, I hope he's mentally strong. Now that the foxestalk echo chamber is in full effect, the only reason we're not doing well now is because we're missing Justin, Fofana and Evans. This will be repeated continuously over the next few weeks/months till it becomes basically fact.

It's one of numerous issues, what people have an issue with is people acting like  missing three of our four best defenders, and the other one is only just finding his was back from a serious injury has no impact. There are other issues, as we've had long spells of shit even with a number of them playing. 

• Like 3

The after effects of winning the FA Cup, the come down to the daily grind after the euphoria maybe affecting some players. You also have to think that Youri is being affected by transfer/contract talk decisions.

• Like 3