Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

57 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We never will be one of them without silly money. You could argue actually winning a trophy helps us achieve in different ways. ie. Players see us as a bigger club who are challenging and winning things.

True, but having the money isn't enough.  You also have to be able to cheat your way round "fair play" rules.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, weller54 said:

But not playing Liverpool 3 days later, with a chance to pull away from the current Champions of England and set ourselves up for a top 4  finish and all the massive benefits that brings to the club...

Sorry, cannot agree that the FA Cup is worth risking key players for... it's a devalued competition compared to years ago, ok, nice to win but it doesn't carry the prestige it once did. Most PL teams play weakened sides, saving key players for league games, at best it's now a Cup that will be won by the team with the strongest squad, that's why Manchester City will win it.

I think there are lots of people on here who still think it's a wonderful, prioritising Cup competition... it was.

It's not anymore.

You are devaluing it...others still hold it in esteem..including players..!

Trophies...If you have noticed Europe wide..local/national, are still important for the Big teams & they still collect them.

They built tradition,they Build to joining consistently the Top 6..

Its Stupid, just  plain stupid trying to prioritise....when the cabinets are bare & no promises on the Table....

I bet if we reach the final, you will still want a piece, and rub peoples Face in the dirt & brag how long you have been a fan,then tell them

Proudly..but not really for Cup-competitions, and confirm.  " I only follow them in the league..I am an entitled nark & know whats best "

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

We never will be one of them without silly money. You could argue actually winning a trophy helps us achieve in different ways. ie. Players see us as a bigger club who are challenging and winning things.

To be clear, I don't really believe we're going to become level with them, but we can get closer than we are now, and do we need to be much closer to them to start bringing trophies home much more regularly? I'm not sure. We've made incredible progress without anything like their resources. From where we stand now, which is a very good place, getting in the CL once or twice could make all the difference.

I don't believe winning a trophy, while helpful, would come close to trumping CL football in that regard. I'm sure a player would be much more interested in joining us if he knew he would be playing the top sides in Europe over an extra trophy in the cabinet that he played no part in winning.

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Yes you do to win the game. Injuries can happen at any time, it's part of the sport.

Stop belittling the FA Cup. Yes we haven't got "capabilites and squad strength to compete for multiple honours" which is why we can't pick and choose which competition to be in.

I want to see us win the FA Cup not say "oh look we finished 4th". The media have corrupted people like you to believe the top 4 is an achievement.

I’d rather finish 5-7th and win the cup. No doubt about it.  Having said that, I don’t think such a dichotomy exists anyway. It’s all very fine margins.

In other words, hindsight is a beautiful thing, but when you don’t know what the outcome would have been if a certain thing happened or didn’t happen, it’s all conjecture.

I’m just glad we’re still in the cup, still in Europe and doing very well in the league. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, murphy said:

You can argue that top four and Champion's League qualification can grow your club, attract better players and give you better chance of future trophies but it could also be true that this is our time in the sun, that football is cyclical and a club like ours could easily be in the Championship in ten years.

Give me real, honest to goodness, in the bank forever, trophies over top four any day

I'm well aware that this is our time in the sun. That's all the more reason that I think it's important we get in the CL as many times as possible while we can. That's our escape route from a yo-yo existence. I think if we manage it, we'll be able to attract better players and better managers, we'll be able to afford a bigger squad and we'll give ourselves a much greater chance of regularly picking up silverware.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Ffs..How many games has he played  80-  60-  45....??   

Some are now trying to find negatives, in the "Normal". Ritual & course of an individual's season,

to start & carry on their nagging over management descisions....

Ricardo injured.......Top 4.     .......> >>>

Ndidi injured......... Top  4

Vardy injured..........Top 4

Soyuncu injured  ....Top 4  ------>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>QF  of FA. Cup & KO rounds of Europe.

Evans injured...........Top 4.

Maddison injured ....Top 4

Castagna injured......Top 4

Mendy, Amartey, Fuchs , Thomas, Perez,  cover.....Top 4.......>>>>

Fans Shitting in their pants........Top 4....

Fans Running behind the sofa......Top 4..

Moaning Fans Not knowing better.............Top 4.

90% of fans would be Happy with Top 6-8 with our season of injuries according to October-January FT-posts..

Its Febuary....Leicester City despite the above Major problems....from The beginning of the season,

Following us through every Single month....including Covid-bubble-management...B.Rodgers decisions has seen us through..!!

I Take my hat of, to the Management & all players in this difficult season.

Any petty or ranting complaints..just Fall on stoney Ground to the Vast majority...

Rotation & rest in such a small in depth squad,who have Not yet seen 40 games, & have young players who have not yet reached 24yrs....

Totally irrelevant to Our situation.

Justin's Jump & Fall or landing could have happened at any time..!!  Nothing to do with needing a rest..!

Pundit-Fans..coulds,shoulds ,ifs & maybes has no stand point ,& empty of reasoning.....& still be Lash if we struggle from here to hold

Top 4...& our cup runs come to an end.!!

We have & are competing, injuries are Nature of the beast..!!  :dunno:

Wow. You've been busy. Presumably I'm not allowed to mention my anxieties for Youri's muscles & ligaments either???

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

The last one got us Musa, Slimani et al. 

In our entire history we've never won the FA Cup, lost it's glory or not out of the last 35 FA Cups, only 3 have been won by teams outside the "big six" and one of them was Everton. 

I've seen us win almost everything we feasibly can (and some things we probably shouldn't have been winning). The FA for more personally completes the set and I'm desperate to win it. 

Five.  Portsmouth, Wigan, Coventry, Wimbledon and Everton. 

2 hours ago, Aleksz said:

:ph34r:

I was right too. Said it was either serious or not serious. Do I get a prize?  Only thing that actually matters here is Justin. Poor lad. Horrible injury. He’s young and I hope he comes back and is the player he was. That’s where our thoughts should be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Wow. You've been busy. Presumably I'm not allowed to mention my anxieties for Youri's muscles & ligaments either???

Now then....That would worry me.....Put my Toaster  again next to the bath...!!!

I'll wait until I am home alone...!!

3 hours ago, weller54 said:

But not playing Liverpool 3 days later, with a chance to pull away from the current Champions of England and set ourselves up for a top 4  finish and all the massive benefits that brings to the club...

Sorry, cannot agree that the FA Cup is worth risking key players for... it's a devalued competition compared to years ago, ok, nice to win but it doesn't carry the prestige it once did. Most PL teams play weakened sides, saving key players for league games, at best it's now a Cup that will be won by the team with the strongest squad, that's why Manchester City will win it.

I think there are lots of people on here who still think it's a wonderful, prioritising Cup competition... it was.

It's not anymore.

With the exception this year of the Europa Cup it is the only major trophy we are likely to win so I don't  really know why you are constantly banging the drum about it being a worthless competition ? Supporters of my generation having had the disappointment of actually attending a losing F A Cup final would love to see us win it and have that on our role of honour along with the League Title and League Cups but maybe i am just an old romantic !:trumpet:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jerry said:

With the exception this year of the Europa Cup it is the only major trophy we are likely to win so I don't  really know why you are constantly banging the drum about it being a worthless competition ? Supporters of my generation having had the disappointment of actually attending a losing F A Cup final would love to see us win it and have that on our role of honour along with the League Title and League Cups but maybe i am just an old romantic !:trumpet:

The FA Cup was a completely different competition in 1969.

A real prestigious Trophy back then. Teams played their strongest 11 to try and win.

When teams in the PL and Championship play very weakened sides in the FA Cup it can only but devalue it.. add to that semi finals being played at Wembley and the 5th round being squeezed in midweek you must see that it's not the prize it was back in 1969!... the only resemblance is it's still the same trophy.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, weller54 said:

A real prestigious Trophy back then. Teams played their strongest 11 to try and win.

When teams in the PL and Championship play very weakened sides in the FA Cup it can only but devalue it.. add to that semi finals being played at Wembley and the 5th round being squeezed in midweek you must see that it's not the prize it was back in 1969!... the only resemblance is it's still the same trophy.

It's massive!  Huge!

43 clubs have won it, but not us.  That needs to be righted and I hope it happens in my lifetime.

If it does, you should be banned from celebrating it.  In fact when the final is being played you should be made to stand in the corner facing the wall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gerard said:

FFS, gutted for JJ, he has truly been exceptional this season. Hopefully he can be back for the start of next season?

I've been loving our defenders this season as we have real quality in depth but we never seem to have them all fit at the same time. Soyuncu comes back and Fofana gets injured and now Ricardo is back and Castagne is on the way JJ gets injured.

It's a good job we have that quality in depth but one man's misfortune is another man's opportunity and hopefully Thomas can kick on and challenge and compliment Ricardo and Castagne.

Don’t see that happening, probably looking closer to 2022 now 

18 minutes ago, murphy said:

If it does, you should be banned from celebrating it.  In fact when the final is being played you should be made to stand in the corner facing the wall.

Absolutely - or locked up in your home, forbidden to travel and unable to attend on the da...

oh bugger. 

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

And the Europa cup isn’t? But apparently we should prioritise that. Not long ago on here people were wanting to no bother being in that competition if we made it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, murphy said:

It's massive!  Huge!

43 clubs have won it, but not us.  That needs to be righted and I hope it happens in my lifetime.

Well said !!😉

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

And the Europa cup isn’t? But apparently we should prioritise that. Not long ago on here people were wanting to no bother being in that competition if we made it. 

Reward for winning the Europa Cup = CL Football .. benefits?

(Fairly obvious to all).. massive financial boost, attracting top players. Help keeping Brendan Rodgers at the club?

Reward for winning the FA Cup = benefits? 

Ok, nice because we're infamous for never winning it. Financially no real significance. Will it attract top players to our club? Don't think so, certainly doesn't have the same pull as playing CL football.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Reward for winning the Europa Cup = CL Football .. benefits?

(Fairly obvious to all).. massive financial boost, attracting top players. Help keeping Brendan Rodgers at the club?

Reward for winning the FA Cup = benefits? 

Ok, nice because we're infamous for never winning it. Financially no real significance. Will it attract top players to our club? Don't think so, certainly doesn't have the same pull as playing CL football.

Glory is not measured in pounds, shillings and pence.

• Haha 1