Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

Yep. Personally have enjoyed it no more than 2014/15 and we were bottom of the league for 90% of that season. Just rubbish but it should improve.

Me too. Its rubbish, if we win I'm like fine and then losing is a disaster. The whole joy of it is going for me. Think I'll get to a point where I'm lime **** it I don't care anymore at this rate.

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Me too. Its rubbish, if we win I'm like fine and then losing is a disaster. The whole joy of it is going for me. Think I'll get to a point where I'm lime **** it I don't care anymore at this rate.

I've felt like it a while if I'm totally honest. I just can't muster up that same feeling. It's very much an asterisked season.

6 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

We should just cancel all sport then, if they don’t play they can’t get injured,

Exactly with sport science as it is they will have assessed Justin before playing him. Getting injured like that is unlucky not anything else, there's no one to blame. Also people are talking about the FA Cup games like they are completely meaningless. I personally would love to win the cup.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Well this thread got depressing really quickly.

Nothing of any merit has been said. Just people saying they have been told it's bad. We'll find out the truth one way or another at the press conference. Last official thing to come from the club is it wasn't as bad as first thought so right now in my mind it is still good news. 

8 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Can't really see what COVID or VAR have to do with this. Couldn't it just be the result of us losing a lot less in the last few years?

5 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

We should just cancel all sport then, if they don’t play they can’t get injured,

That's just being silly!..

The question is whether you risk key players for FA Cup games when the league and Europa cup is bigger and more important.

My opinion is the FA Cup should have taken a back seat with the Liverpool game less than 3 days later and the Europa games coming thick and fast!...

We aren't Manchester City who have the capabilities and Squad strength to compete for multiple honours!

Was a Massive risk playing key players against Brighton... and it's backfired.

That's Praet and Justin both lost to injury playing in the FA Cup 🤬🤬🤬

2 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I love how much we entertain big brain ITKs on this site with absolutely no fvcking insight whatsoever bar the text they just received on their "lesta ladz" WhatsApp group.

(gonna look well daft if it's true :ph34r:)

Do you want me to delete this post now? Or later? 

• Thanks 1

Shame for our full back situation. All of them have been out at different times. Positive is that one can come back and slot in.

More gutted for Justin as he's been our player of the season so far and deserved a place in the England first team squad, especially with a competition coming up.

4 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Can't really see what COVID or VAR have to do with this. Couldn't it just be the result of us losing a lot less in the last few years?

Not being there? Not seeing mates at games or going with my Dad. The whole joy of it revolving around the result rather than the occasion. I never even mentioned VAR - what a bizarre response.

23 hours ago, Sampson said:

Weren't Wolfsburg originally a club for workers at Volkwagen?

Wolfsburg itself is a small town, but is where Volkswagen HQ is situated. From what I understand, the entire town was planned as a "factory town" originally was built in the 1930s entirely for Volkswagen workers. Not sure if that's still the case now.

Your First question yes...Though a small Town was already there, für New city became VW and all that it stood for...Beetle to Golf. Biggest Beetle Production

until VW did Big Business with Mexico.. 

Still a VW-city, though Cusomer-services Business is/has been Making its mark....Since I retired, I Couldnt say Now how the wind blows...:)

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

The question is whether you risk key players for FA Cup games when the league and Europa cup is bigger and more important.

My opinion is the FA Cup should have taken a back seat with the Liverpool game less than 3 days later and the Europa games coming thick and fast!...

We aren't Manchester City who have the capabilities and Squad strength to compete for multiple honours!

True, but Praet had hardly played, and was playing because we rotated. We did have to name 11 players! Just this week Callum Wilson has been ruled out for 2 months, Ogbonna for a month. Injuries happen. Sure we are playing a huge number of games on account of our success, and I hoped JJ would be rested in midweek too, but many also want us to take the FA Cup seriously too, and Brendan did just that.

5 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Whilst we want to win the FA Cup someone who had played less minutes than Justin (who had seemingly become invaluable) could’ve played instead. He’s the only player to have played every minute of every game. Especially because he was filling in at centre half. Evans was on the bench. Fuchs has played there. Very unfortunate indeed. 

20 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Do you mean the 'I told you it was an ACL' type, or the emergent 'we shouldn't have played him in the game he got injured' strain?

Hindsight aside, it's remarkable how rapidly he's reached the point of warranting the level of worry evident in this thread.

The answer is 'yes' to both, basically.