Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

And yet Puel got absolutely hammered for daring to rest people in cup games. 

Puel had no excuse and likely cost us two finals with his selections against Man City. This season I think it can be a bit forgiven due to the toughest schedule we could possibly face.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Just been through the match thread, not a single person mentions Justin being an injury risk and only one persons jokingly said what's he got to do to get a rest. 

Always happens.

Pre match: "Great team selection"

Post match: "We lost because blah blah...".

5 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

A valid point. But we weren't pushing for a top 4 spot under Puel. Nor were we playing such a congested schedule.

And we didn't have the strength we currently do at full back. Plus the schedule isn't much more congested than before. In fact it's probably very similar with us getting to both cup quarter finals that season. 

Just now, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

It is of course. But I think folk on here have been mentioning for weeks that JJ and Youri never get a rest - then low and behold!!!

Some players need more rest than others. I'm sure the sports science team have been assessing the risk of individual players. If this was a wear and tear kind of injury these points would hold merit but if it's an ACL they do not. It's like if someone breaks their leg and moaning that it's because the player hadn't had a rest. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

It is of course. But I think folk on here have been mentioning for weeks that JJ and Youri never get a rest - then low and behold!!!

Yes, it's highly unfortunate, of course. But lo and behold, sadly the fact that people said he needed the rest and the fact he's injured does not mean he got injured because they thought he needed a rest. He landed awkwardly, which could happen at any time, and in the most innocuous circumstances too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Some players need more rest than others. I'm sure the sports science team have been assessing the risk of individual players. If this was a wear and tear kind of injury these points would hold merit but if it's an ACL they do not. It's like if someone breaks their leg and moaning that it's because the player hadn't had a rest. 

Obviously not mate they should listen to random people on Foxestalk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

There's no way it's 9 months, Brendan wouldnt have said it was better than was first feared if it was that serious. It will be a short to mid term injury, a long term one just doesnt make sense with what has already been said.

He's quite often wrong on injuries unfortunately. I remember Castagne being about a week away for two months earlier this season.

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

There's no way it's 9 months, Brendan wouldnt have said it was better than was first feared if it was that serious. It will be a short to mid term injury, a long term one just doesnt make sense with what has already been said.

I've got a horrible feeling that he's out for the rest of the season at least.

Having had more than my fair share of injuries one of the worst I've had is ligament damage getting in a bath after a game. The day it happened I felt OK ish, knee was sore, but had full range of movement. Could walk etc

The day after I got out of bed and crumbled to the floor. I couldn't put any weight on it at all

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

I'd swap champions league football and getting a few rounds further in the Europa for winning the FA Cup any day of the week.

In a normal season I wouldn’t.

This season, definitely. I’d have really mixed feelings if we won the FA Cup this year - for the first time in the club’s history - and there were no fans at the ground to see it.

6 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

JJ hadnt had his scan until yesterday 

6 minutes ago, AjcW said:

'He shouldn't have played' isn't hindsight in this case, it's a ****ing fact and BR will know he has cocked up here. Brighton were never going to offer much and there was no need to play him ahead of fuchs at LCB. People were saying that at the start and during the game.

The split in opinions actually proves, the last man to blame is the manager...

Fans bombastic & arrogance towards managers decisions ,  then slagging them off,because  a Player gets injured is just laughable..

Some "People". doesn't sell your agenda...Some People had & Posted other ideas.....!!!

So when there is even conflict on the forum...Why will you & you will..!!  Try to make Headway on a fallen totally irrelevant point,that has shown fans having

different perspectives....

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Yeah that was kind of my point, be the same for Justin won’t it. Adrenaline. Was walking round fine. Not heard a bean since. Typical club protocol, wait until a pre match presser. 

Did my ACL when I was 18. Went out the same night in Leicester. Woke up the next morning swelling was unbelievable. 

My Dad was similar - finished the game on the Saturday afternoon and drove back home. 

Was getting ready for a night out and it finally started aching 

• Like 1

i did my acl about 10 years ago in the 70th min of a game, ran it off after a couple of mins and finished the game. wasnt until the next day it was in bits, out for a year.

brendan saying he could of walked off the pitch means absolutely nothing. 

didnt ricardo play the rest of the game after he did his?

• Like 1