Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

A club can't do anymore than win a league title. We won it and one of our best players left to join a club that had just finished 10th.

Bigger clubs than us will always exist even with money and status.

We won it for the first time in our history. Kante can be forgiven for thinking that we were just a flash in the pan, as we proved we were the next season.

We've been improving ever since then, and now we find ourselves back in the top 4. Becoming a big club doesn't happen overnight.

4 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I never said we shouldn't try to win things. I just think getting top 4 has to be the main objective, since that's what's going to give us the biggest boost to becoming one of those few clubs who win everything all the time.

We never will be one of them without silly money. You could argue actually winning a trophy helps us achieve in different ways. ie. Players see us as a bigger club who are challenging and winning things.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

You can argue that top four and Champion's League qualification can grow your club, attract better players and give you better chance of future trophies but it could also be true that this is our time in the sun, that football is cyclical and a club like ours could easily be in the Championship in ten years.

Give me real, honest to goodness, in the bank forever, trophies over top four any day

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The last one got us Musa, Slimani et al. 

In our entire history we've never won the FA Cup, lost it's glory or not out of the last 35 FA Cups, only 3 have been won by teams outside the "big six" and one of them was Everton. 

I've seen us win almost everything we feasibly can (and some things we probably shouldn't have been winning). The FA for more personally completes the set and I'm desperate to win it. 

Get the points, it’s emotional, but I would rather the road led further, more got to see a 15/16, more had these chances to see the glory, and not ending with a personal collection.

To do this we need to grow more, but that’s just my opinion 

1 minute ago, Manini said:

The teams that win everything all the time are backed by mega rich billionaires who aren’t afraid to pump unsightly amounts of cash in to the club on demand. I don’t think qualifying for the champions league regularly would even bring us parity with them, there would still have to be an untold amount of investment from King Power to reach that level imo. That’s not to say we shouldn’t be aiming to qualify as much as we should, and EL regularly as a minimum, but I think there’s a lot more to it. 

I'm not expecting parity with the big clubs. It can't be denied that we'd be much better off, at least financially, than we are now if we were regularly getting into the CL. While we'd all love to finally get one, an FA Cup trophy won't really affect the club's standing in football at all. That's all I'm saying, really.

48 minutes ago, SouthLondonFox said:

It's extraordinary how many ACL experts there are on Foxes Talk, when it's a relatively niche subject.

quite extraordinary that those who have experienced this injury know more about it than those who have not? and guess what? acl confirmed. extraordinary 

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Yes you do to win the game. Injuries can happen at any time, it's part of the sport.

Stop belittling the FA Cup. Yes we haven't got "capabilites and squad strength to compete for multiple honours" which is why we can't pick and choose which competition to be in.

I want to see us win the FA Cup not say "oh look we finished 4th". The media have corrupted people like you to believe the top 4 is an achievement.

Yet finishing 4th gives us CL football, makes us a far more desirable proposition to attract top players, sets us up to be a top European club, makes us tens of millions of pounds...

None of the above applys to an FA Cup win.

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We were in the league and FA Cup quarter finals and eyeing a push for Europe, with a weaker squad. 

But not playing Liverpool 3 days later, with a chance to pull away from the current Champions of England and set ourselves up for a top 4  finish and all the massive benefits that brings to the club...

Sorry, cannot agree that the FA Cup is worth risking key players for... it's a devalued competition compared to years ago, ok, nice to win but it doesn't carry the prestige it once did. Most PL teams play weakened sides, saving key players for league games, at best it's now a Cup that will be won by the team with the strongest squad, that's why Manchester City will win it.

I think there are lots of people on here who still think it's a wonderful, prioritising Cup competition... it was.

It's not anymore.

• Like 3

FFS, gutted for JJ, he has truly been exceptional this season. Hopefully he can be back for the start of next season?

I've been loving our defenders this season as we have real quality in depth but we never seem to have them all fit at the same time. Soyuncu comes back and Fofana gets injured and now Ricardo is back and Castagne is on the way JJ gets injured.

It's a good job we have that quality in depth but one man's misfortune is another man's opportunity and hopefully Thomas can kick on and challenge and compliment Ricardo and Castagne.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Thomas will step up. It’s a bitter shame for Justin because he was nailed on for a European spot in the England set up. The argument of playing weaker teams in the FA cup doesn’t really hold, Justin would want to play, and it was freak accident, he could have easily have done it in training. We will be alright, we’ve got Timmy “glass ankles” Castagne due back and Thomas ready and waiting.

Whilst you're right, we will miss Justin's ability to slot into almost any defensive position that we may find an unexpected need for, as well as his ever-improving defensive abilities.  The way he handled Traore makes you realise how important his role would have been tomorrow in stifling the threat of Salah.  Nevertheless, I have confidence that Thomas, if selected, will step up and use the challenge to speed up his own learning and improvement.

We just have to accept the loss and get on with it.  My fear is that ACL sometimes knackers a player for good, but Justin's age, determination and good sense will hopefully bode for a successful recovery, as long as he isn't hurried back.