Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

5 minutes ago, ttfn said:

In a normal season I wouldn’t.

This season, definitely. I’d have really mixed feelings if we won the FA Cup this year - for the first time in the club’s history - and there were no fans at the ground to see it.

Exactly how I feel. This is the only season ever I'd favour top 4.

The shouldn’t of played argument I don’t get. If his recovery stats etc whatever the medical staff do are fine he will play purely because he’s 100% for, Castagne injured, Wes x2 injured and Ricardo easing his way back in! 

if Ricardo plays Wednesday and gets injured we moan he shouldn’t of played. Out of the 2 I’d say Justin should of played over ricardo

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yes you do to win the game. Injuries can happen at any time, it's part of the sport.

Stop belittling the FA Cup. Yes we haven't got "capabilites and squad strength to compete for multiple honours" which is why we can't pick and choose which competition to be in.

I want to see us win the FA Cup not say "oh look we finished 4th". The media have corrupted people like you to believe the top 4 is an achievement.

Sorry, but top 4 is a huge achievement. It's not a myth. The money and status that comes with being in the CL is a huge reason why the big clubs are so much richer and more successful than everyone else. That's how they can afford squads that can do well in each competition they take part in each season.

1.  See this thread "hot" with six new pages overnight

2.  Realize the news must be terrible: time to drink the bleach?

3.  Remember it's FT and likely just six pages of fake news and petty infighting ... put bleach away

4.  Read the six pages of fake news and petty infighting ... bleach starts to look a decent quaff

2 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Sorry, but top 4 is a huge achievement. It's not a myth. The money and status that comes with being in the CL is a huge reason why the big clubs are so much richer and more successful than everyone else. That's how they can afford squads that can do well in each competition they take part in each season.

Sorry but we have different ideas of success. A trophy is success, not money and status.

In years to come I'll say "we won this trophy that season" and not "we got a lot of money that season".

Edited by Fox92

Just now, Fox92 said:

Sorry but we have different ideas of success. A trophy is success, not money and status.

One gets you a better future longer term, one gets you bragging rights 

The FA cup lost its glory long ago unfortunately 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Was going to say, good news usually comes out quickly.

Then once it’s been announced by Rodgers he’ll come Out with the old 

“Gutted to be out with injury but determined to come back even stronger”  

Just now, Matt said:

Atleast it's got rid of Southgate's headache.

Bet he's delighted he's not got to have to pick or play a player not from 'the clique' now.

Have to call Danny Simpson up instead 

5 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Money and status is what leads to trophies.

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

A club can't do anymore than win a league title. We won it and one of our best players left to join a club that had just finished 10th.

Bigger clubs than us will always exist even with money and status.

Edited by Fox92

1 minute ago, Angus Scott said:

So when do we decide that we have enough money & status & that we should then actually try to win things, which I always thought was the purpose of sport

I never said we shouldn't try to win things. I just think getting top 4 has to be the main objective, since that's what's going to give us the biggest boost to becoming one of those few clubs who win everything all the time.

Just now, Fox92 said:

A club can't do anymore than win a league title. We won it and one of our best players left to join a club that had just finished 10th.

Bigger clubs than us will always exist even with money and status.

Behave. It takes more than one freak season to join that club. You do that from getting into Europe consistently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

To be fair, many seem to be speaking from personal experience.

Hmmm OK, my dog has ruptured both of his and had surgery in the past twelve months - he's now back to his squirrel chasing best, so I'm putting my vet forward as the unrivaled expert.

JJ has been confirmed with ACL presumably, or should we wait for an announcement?

4 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Money and status is what leads to trophies.

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

You can argue that top four and Champion's League qualification can grow your club, attract better players and give you better chance of future trophies but it could also be true that this is our time in the sun, that football is cyclical and a club like ours could easily be in the Championship in ten years.

Give me real, honest to goodness, in the bank forever, trophies over top four any day

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I never said we shouldn't try to win things. I just think getting top 4 has to be the main objective, since that's what's going to give us the biggest boost to becoming one of those few clubs who win everything all the time.

The teams that win everything all the time are backed by mega rich billionaires who aren’t afraid to pump unsightly amounts of cash in to the club on demand. I don’t think qualifying for the champions league regularly would even bring us parity with them, there would still have to be an untold amount of investment from King Power to reach that level imo. That’s not to say we shouldn’t be aiming to qualify as much as we can, and EL regularly as a minimum, but I think there’s a lot more to it. 

Take Spurs as an example. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, SouthLondonFox said:

Hmmm OK, my dog has ruptured both of his and had surgery in the past twelve months - he's now back to his squirrel chasing best, so I'm putting my vet forward as the unrivaled expert.

JJ has been confirmed with ACL presumably, or should we wait for an announcement?

Can your dog play left-back?

• Haha 3