Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Everton away (EFL Cup) pre match

Tough decision this because we have 2 tough games over Christmas whilst also want to win a cup. Ridiculous scheduling to put this round in to an already busy December. I get that it's probably to do with the champions League fixtures. 

Think we will have to make changes, and hope for the best. 

Ward

Justin

Morgan

Soyuncu

Fuchs

Choudhury

Praet

Perez

Barnes

Albrighton

Iheanacho

Schmeichel 

Pereira Evans Soyuncu Chilwell/Fuchs

Ndidi

Praet        Maddison

Perez             Vardy           Albrighton 

Hopefully get a 2 or more goal lead and take Vardy off for Iheanacho and Maddison for Choudhury as early as possible. 

Barnes and Gray don't deserve to start after their performances today. 

The title is gone imo so we should put full effort into winning a cup! 

13 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

Schmeichel 

Pereira Evans Soyuncu Chilwell/Fuchs

Ndidi

Praet        Maddison

Perez             Vardy           Albrighton 

Hopefully get a 2 or more goal lead and take Vardy off for Iheanacho and Maddison for Choudhury as early as possible. 

Barnes and Gray don't deserve to start after their performances today. 

The title is gone imo so we should put full effort into winning a cup! 

Would rather start with Choudhury and Iheanacho in place of Ndidi and Vardy. Bring Jamie on if we need a goal, otherwise rest both for the entire game. 

I’ve a feeling Everton will go strong, Ferguson will be banging the drum at the chance to get them to a cup semi final. They were really up for it against Chelsea last week. I can’t see us not making some changes. We look leggy at times, and two massive league games ahead. It would be fantastic to get through and break the quarter final hoodoo of recent times

Edited by DerbyshireFox

Everton have a thick squad so will still be reasonably strong with a lot of changes 

I would expect us to rotate with a strong bench, given the five games in two weeks 

ward

justin.   Morgan.    Evans/soy.    Fuchs

Hamza. 
  Marc     Praet.       Youri.       Dimi 

Kelechi 

Now we've dropped points and Liverpool haven't I want the best side available to give us the best opportunity of progressing.

We're unlikely to be in the title race and we have an excellent cushion over 5th place so all out for the League Cup at this point please. 

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Now we've dropped points and Liverpool haven't I want the best side available to give us the best opportunity of progressing.

We're unlikely to be in the title race and we have an excellent cushion over 5th place so all out for the League Cup at this point please. 

Wouldn’t disagree but the ‘squad’ players will expect to play and I think they are good enough to win the tie .....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Wouldn’t disagree but the ‘squad’ players will expect to play and I think they are good enough to win the tie .....

Tough. 

We should be giving ourselves the best chance of a trophy in our position of 10 pts behind Liverpool and even more points ahead of 5th. After dropping points today I'd probably rather beat Everton on Tuesday than Liverpool on Boxing Day.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

For the love of God rest Tielemans. 

Go back to 433, Perez and Albrighton will be completely fresh and I'm not convinced Sharky is much of a drop on Barnes on current form. 

Praet only played 45 minutes today, put him in for YT, maybe give JJ and Fuchs a run and then keep the spine in tact around them. 

I'd say that's a pretty decent mix of rotation and first team. 

I agree re YT but Brendan played him at Luton and burton, saying he needs to stay in a playing rhythm ...... so if he played in those two, I would think he will be selected for this one ......

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Tough. 

We should be giving ourselves the best chance of a trophy in our position of 10 pts behind Liverpool and even more points ahead of 5th. After dropping points today I'd probably rather beat Everton on Tuesday than Liverpool on Boxing Day.

I’m not posting what I would do, I’m posting what I think Brendan will do ........

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Everton have a thick squad so will still be reasonably strong with a lot of changes

I would expect us to rotate with a strong bench, given the five games in two weeks 

ward

justin.   Morgan.    Evans/soy.    Fuchs

Hamza. 
  Marc     Praet.       Youri.       Dimi 

Kelechi 

Perhaps in terms of quantity but certainly not quality. How many Everton players would get into our starting eleven?

Just now, st albans fox said:

I’m not posting what I would do, I’m posting what I think Brendan will do ........

Fair enough but I think Everton away are too good to treat lightly.

I think we're also good enough to finish top four comfortably with the cushion we have so I'd rather make this Everton game top priority and reassess the squad's fitness for the Man City match. 

• Like 1

I cant imagine that Brendan wants to do a Puel and weeken too much. However I think there will be a few changes as we have Man City and Liverpool to come. 

Kasper

Justin     Morgan      Soyuncu      Chilwell 

Choudhury    Praet

Perez            Maddison           Barnes

Vardy

Subs:  Ward, Evans, Ricardo, Tielemans, Ndidi, Gray, Iheanacho.