Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Everton away (EFL Cup) pre match

20 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Surprised that some are suggesting wholesale changes for this. Isn't this exactly what everyone criticised Puel for doing in the League Cup QF in the past 2 seasons?

Hypocrisy?  Here, of all places?

That said, this tournament was a lot more important when it was our only ticket to Europe.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Surprised that some are suggesting wholesale changes for this. Isn't this exactly what everyone criticised Puel for doing in the League Cup QF in the past 2 seasons?

different situation now though tbf. under two attempts with puel we were sacking off quarter finals to finish 9th instead of 10th. if we were gonna rest players now to finish 3rd or 4th instead of 5th that's one hell of a difference. 

that said, we won't beat man city or liverpool regardless if you ask me. so may as well go fu cking nuts in the cup and see what happens. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Its not about how this Forum  believes whats right..Thankfully!!

Its how B.Rodgers decides...and being the manager that has got us this far...and a manager that a high majority of fans in this wanted..

I am more than Happy and relaxed in supporting & encouraging the players he selects...including system!!

And IMO the critic of Puels selection was total nonsense...Many just couldnt understand where and what Quality M.city  had as  a squad,and where we were.

Why Risk injury,or tiredness for the rest of the season,there must be IMO in this competition,Rotation. Why Not 4-6 players ??

Wholesale changes of 9-11 players I don't see...but whatever the descision ,this season BR has earnt at least my trust,no matter what some foxestalk heroes,consistently moan on about....

Leicester City is a long project....not something to Crunch into a Short ,One Off season,Chasing only the  thoughts ,our presently seen  best team( from some fans) must be chosen ,cos they the almighty have spoken..!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

different situation now though tbf. under two attempts with puel we were sacking off quarter finals to finish 9th instead of 10th. if we were gonna rest players now to finish 3rd or 4th instead of 5th that's one hell of a difference. 

that said, we won't beat man city or liverpool regardless if you ask me. so may as well go fu cking nuts in the cup and see what happens. 

We’ve got a 13 point cushion to 5th. If we throw it away it won’t be because we’ve played a couple of extra cup games.

Do we really accept that players are fatigued or ‘leggy’ at this stage of the season? These guys are pro’s and supposedly ultra fit. Most have played only 90 mins of football per week over the 17 match season so far.   I don’t remember there being player rotation during the 15/16 season; in fact we were so strong because of the consistent lineup. Pure adrenalin and excitement kept them going.

32 minutes ago, HibiscusMark said:

Do we really accept that players are fatigued or ‘leggy’ at this stage of the season? These guys are pro’s and supposedly ultra fit. Most have played only 90 mins of football per week over the 17 match season so far.   I don’t remember there being player rotation during the 15/16 season; in fact we were so strong because of the consistent lineup. Pure adrenalin and excitement kept them going.

Well yeah... but have you noticed that it’s the two most creative players we have are the ones that look the most tired. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, HibiscusMark said:

Yes. Fatigue is one of those topics that is denied until it screws us over. Tomorrow is our 5th game of December. Then we have the Christmas games. Then in January we could have a max of 3 fa cup ties and 2 league cup legs on top of league games.

• Like 3

I’d go for 

Ward 

Ricardo Morgan Evans Justin

N’Didi Choudhury 

Barnes Praet Gray

Vardy

Maddison and Tielemans can well do with a rest (although BR claims YT is at his best when having a run of games.) and without making wholesale changes to the team you’d like to think it’s a strong enough team to progress. 

Guest Markyblue
1 hour ago, HibiscusMark said:

I wouldn't go with fatigue but more mentality of the pressures of playing at this kind of level. This is where the fans backing can and will make a difference. 

Everton and their fans will really be up for this one as it looks like either Thursday or Friday Ancelotti will be confirmed as their manager, so he may be at the game watching and they will want to impress. They will most likely put out a strong team and hopefully we will do the same. they are going to play with passion and intensity and we have to be a=ble to match that if we want to go through the tie.